Become a Patron!

SMOK G priv kit vs SMOK ALIEN KIT 220W

georgesp67

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am an experienced MTL vaper vaping on a Kabuki and am more than happy with it. I would like to start Sub-Ohming to enjoy higher VG juices because the choice for higher PG juices is quite limited. I have done some read up and review searches and came across the SMOK G priv kit with touch screen and including the Big Baby beast head and the SMOK alien Kit including the baby beast tank. I am hesitating and was looking for advice between those two kits. Also do you believe these kits are adapted for somebody starting Sub-ohm vaping? Will there be some kind of throat hit ? The only Sub-ohm tank that I have tried was the Isub by Innokin, but the throat hit was insufficient, as I am still smoking 4 cigarettes a day and enjoy the throat hit.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I am an experienced MTL vaper vaping on a Kabuki and am more than happy with it. I would like to start Sub-Ohming to enjoy higher VG juices because the choice for higher PG juices is quite limited. I have done some read up and review searches and came across the SMOK G priv kit with touch screen and including the Big Baby beast head and the SMOK alien Kit including the baby beast tank. I am hesitating and was looking for advice between those two kits. Also do you believe these kits are adapted for somebody starting Sub-ohm vaping? Will there be some kind of throat hit ? The only Sub-ohm tank that I have tried was the Isub by Innokin, but the throat hit was insufficient, as I am still smoking 4 cigarettes a day and enjoy the throat hit.
Hello and welcome aboard!
both those mods are really good and the baby beast is a good jump into DTL vaping for sure. Throat hit comes from the PG. so max VG will have little throat hit while 50/50 would have a lot. for the baby beast I'd say (VG/PG) 60/40 , 70/30. or 80/20 for the juice mixture. also you get a lot more nicotine so with sub ohming start at 6MG nicotine

as far as the mods go, it's just preference. the alien is smaller and cheaper but the g-priv has a touch screen if that's what you want. you can't go wrong with either one. I will say some people have had issues with peeling paint in the alien. I haven't had that issue yet personally though but it's worth noting

georgesp67

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello and welcome aboard!
both those mods are really good and the baby beast is a good jump into DTL vaping for sure. Throat hit comes from the PG. so max VG will have little throat hit while 50/50 would have a lot. for the baby beast I'd say (VG/PG) 60/40 , 70/30. or 80/20 for the juice mixture. also you get a lot more nicotine so with sub ohming start at 6MG nicotine

as far as the mods go, it's just preference. the alien is smaller and cheaper but the g-priv has a touch screen if that's what you want. you can't go wrong with either one. I will say some people have had issues with peeling paint in the alien. I haven't had that issue yet personally though but it's worth noting

Thanks for the reply @SirRichardRear ! I just went to the vape shop and held them both to get a feel for them ! Slight preference for the g priv 'trigger'!

When you say the baby beast is a good start for DTL, is this the same for the big baby beast or would you say the baby beast is better as a start?

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Thanks for the reply @SirRichardRear ! I just went to the vape shop and held them both to get a feel for them ! Slight preference for the g priv 'trigger'!

When you say the baby beast is a good start for DTL, is this the same for the big baby beast or would you say the baby beast is better as a start?
Same tank same coils pretty much. the only difference is the big baby beast is bigger and holds more juice. but they use the same coils so either one is fine depending on if you want something smaller or something bigger

BreSha6869

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just to add to the above as I almost always use a Kabuki or Smok TFV8 tank and have the G-Priv and Alien mods....

I use 6mg ejuice @ 12w in a Kabuki and under 2mg juice @ 65-140w in TFV8 tanks. Even 3mg juice blows my head off in a Smok tank.

I like a bit of a throat hit, so my juice is between 30-40% PG, but there is a HUGE difference in juice consumption between a Kabuki and a Smok Cloud Beast, Baby or Big Baby. If I chain vape a Kabuki, I might go thru 8-10ml in a day. A CB at 140w? 30ml+ wouldn't be a problem. You can watch the juice level drop with each puff. Crazy.

Of the 3 tanks, the Big Baby is my favourite followed by the Cloud Beast. The BBB has big capacity and isn't as large a tank as the Cloud Beast and the coils are less expensive. The Baby Beast is way too small for me at 2ml and I prefer the airflow on the BBB. I use the BB at home, but it looks like a toy vs. its bigger brothers and I hate filling a tank hourly!

I also have both the G-Priv and Alien mods. The G-Priv is cool as it has a touch screen but it is big and heavy. The Alien is smaller, lighter and more ergonomic in the hand (and pocket). I reach for the Alien most of the time. It is cheaper too.

In any case, if I had to pick one mod and one tank, it would be a Big Baby on an Alien.

Lastly, I am using 0.12-0.2ohm coils at big wattage. With the BBB, you can run 0.25-0.4ohm coils nicely in the 30-40w range. You don't need to vape even near 100w if you don't want to....

georgesp67

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just to add to the above as I almost always use a Kabuki or Smok TFV8 tank and have the G-Priv and Alien mods....

I use 6mg ejuice @ 12w in a Kabuki and under 2mg juice @ 65-140w in TFV8 tanks. Even 3mg juice blows my head off in a Smok tank.

I like a bit of a throat hit, so my juice is between 30-40% PG, but there is a HUGE difference in juice consumption between a Kabuki and a Smok Cloud Beast, Baby or Big Baby. If I chain vape a Kabuki, I might go thru 8-10ml in a day. A CB at 140w? 30ml+ wouldn't be a problem. You can watch the juice level drop with each puff. Crazy.

Of the 3 tanks, the Big Baby is my favourite followed by the Cloud Beast. The BBB has big capacity and isn't as large a tank as the Cloud Beast and the coils are less expensive. The Baby Beast is way too small for me at 2ml and I prefer the airflow on the BBB. I use the BB at home, but it looks like a toy vs. its bigger brothers and I hate filling a tank hourly!

I also have both the G-Priv and Alien mods. The G-Priv is cool as it has a touch screen but it is big and heavy. The Alien is smaller, lighter and more ergonomic in the hand (and pocket). I reach for the Alien most of the time. It is cheaper too.

In any case, if I had to pick one mod and one tank, it would be a Big Baby on an Alien.

Lastly, I am using 0.12-0.2ohm coils at big wattage. With the BBB, you can run 0.25-0.4ohm coils nicely in the 30-40w range. You don't need to vape even near 100w if you don't want to....

Thank you very much this is very helpful. I was leaning more towards the g priv, but after what you describe, the Alien might be more adapted to my needs. I trust your advice on going for Alien and BBB... Sadly I will need to find a compromise because I am going for the Kit: So either G-priv and BBB or Alien and BB. If you had this constraint what would you go for? If I enjoy DTL a lot I think I will get the other tank at a later point anyways.

Would you say that the BBB is good in flavour when compared to the Kabuki? The Kabuki is the best tank I have had so far in terms of flavour but I want to get more vapour and try DTL.

VU Sponsors