Become a Patron!

Smok Mag, Yes or no?

kaynet

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So, I'm thinking of buying it but I'm getting a lot of mixed reviews and feelings about it. I'm interested in it because from the reviews I can see that is a very comfortable design - fits the hand well and the tank that comes with it is really nice.

However, people keep telling me SMOK has lower quality products.. which doesn't strike me as true because I know it's a popular company. But I wouldn't really know quality when it comes to the brand, let me know if this is true!
Anyway, I'm getting the tank either way I'm sold on the Prince. :inlove: So, if you do recommend the Mag tell me! but if you don't recommend the mag, is there anything I can match the Prince tank up with safely? Can I even do that? Should I drop this idea altogether and look for a different mod? Let me know!

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
It's popular because they are sold in most brick and mortar and that's what stores do, they sell what sells. Their marketing, with so many different products, keep them up front center in the public's eye. Their quality control is very lacking and if I had a dollar for every post concerning a smok mod or tank...besides that, isn't mag a left or right only? I mean, if you hold it in left (or right) hand, you can't hardly thumb fire it?

Anyways, if your dead set on Prince and being bound and gagged to smok coils, what color so we can find help you find a known, performing mod.
:)

Last edited:

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dunno how many times we warn folks - and few seem to search the threads. I give up.

kaynet

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well.. okay then you guys obviously have a very bad reaction to smok. Any better mod suggestions from other brands? I hope people read my entire post, I know was very clear in the post on any suggestions, I'm open to them! :)

kaynet

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well.. okay then you guys obviously have a very bad reaction to smok. I mean, Any color is fine honestly. But if it's a bad brand I won't go with the prince. What are your favorite mods?

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Well.. okay then you guys obviously have a very bad reaction to smok. Any better mod suggestions from other brands? I hope people read my entire post, I know was very clear in the post on any suggestions, I'm open to them! :)
It's a reaction they deserve. Some like their smok and don't have any issues, but many do. You want to invest is reliability.
Take a look at Smoant and Voopoo's offerings.

And if you have a Prince color or 2 in mind, what or which are they while considering specific mods.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
As far as a tank that takes oem coilheads, if you like Prince then go for it. The QC on their coils isn't the greatest but I don't have many recommends for that type tank. Have a look at Freemax Fireluke, I hear they have great flavor and lasting coils. Eleaf Ello and Vaporesso also.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well.. okay then you guys obviously have a very bad reaction to smok.

Yeah I have been hearing this for years but my SMOK Products serve me well. I have found many of the people who tend to say they such never actually owned one. Not saying this is true for those in this thread.

upload_2018-5-28_21-28-27.jpeg

My first two mods were smok, I bought two t-priv's for my wife and I. My T-priv just passed over 100000 hits without any problems what so ever, and hers just passed 30000 hits no problems. We love them and we still use them too this day even though we have many more mods now. We have a Voopoo drag which has been a very good device its my wife's and I could not even tell you how many times she has dropped it and its still working just fine no problems. We have the Geekvape blade which is a really good device, it doesn't get used as much I think because its so bulky and also you have to bend the prongs for the batteries every now and then cause the batteries get loose over time.
We have a asvape micheal also and it has been a really nice mod but the top of it is glued on instead of screwed so it has came loose and I had to glue it back on but it still works like a charm. We have a Dovpo Rogue which I love to death its small profile and how it fits in your head is amazing and the 26650 option gives you plenty of battery life. The asvape strider which we own also, the military edition is very similar to the rogue and I love it also but I don't take it to work cause I don't want it to get scratched up just yet.
We had a ijoy capo squonker but it would fire all by it self which was really scary we are in the middle of sending it back for a replacement, I loved it in till it started firing by it self. We have a Aegis on the way so cant speak on it yet and oh yeah we have a smok V8 Stick , which works really well but mostly it just sits on the shelve. But my exp with smok mods has been amazing and I would recommend them. Not the tanks though, I only use RTA's, pre made coil are way too unpredictable for me to use. .

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

In addition to those already mentioned, Vaporesso and Asmodus mods are usually good, the newer Aspire and a couple others too.......Ravage and Espion for e.g.

That Draco in the link looks great.

As for the Prince tank, they now have mesh and strip coils available, but you have to buy them separately. These new coils are where the interest's at these days.

As a mid to high wattage tank, the Prince should run well on any dual external 18650 device. Other tanks in this general range are Horizontech Falcon, FreeMax Fireluke Mesh and Pro, Uwell Crown 3 and Valyrian.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I've tried several mods, but the only one I actually purchased a 2nd time is Segelei Kaos Spectrum. First one lasted 6 months with no problem. Only reason it died was it got wet during a rain storm. I drop the poor thing at least a dozen times a day. Fall asleep sitting on the couch or edge of the bed and BANG dropped mod..

mikeybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I've tried several mods, but the only one I actually purchased a 2nd time is Segelei Kaos Spectrum. First one lasted 6 months with no problem. Only reason it died was it got wet during a rain storm. I drop the poor thing at least a dozen times a day. Fall asleep sitting on the couch or edge of the bed and BANG dropped mod..
Would you recommend others in buying this? I'm really interested in getting one but after reading several bad reviews of it lasting only a couple days/weeks, it made me rethink :/

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Sigelei isn't too bad, though it can depend on the individual mod. Innokin is decent. Geekvape seems ok; just got an Aegis and my son got an Aegis Legend, and they seem pretty solid. Not sure about Vaporesso; my son has a Revenger, and he seems to like it, but I don't hear too much about them from others. Maybe a case of "no news is good news." :D

Andria

I meant to add -- not all Smok mods are bad news. they do in fact occasionally make something decent... but they're far more interested in quantity than quality -- even a stopped clock is right twice a day. :) I have a mech, a clone made by smok called the Galileo, and it seems to be a quality mod... but a mech is so low tech, you'd have to make a real effort to fuck it up. Just get feedback and opinions on whatever individual mod you're interested in, and make sure you search out a rock-bottom price, so that if it turns out to be crappy, you haven't lost much. Buy another. ;)

mikeybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
So, I'm thinking of buying it but I'm getting a lot of mixed reviews and feelings about it. I'm interested in it because from the reviews I can see that is a very comfortable design - fits the hand well and the tank that comes with it is really nice.

However, people keep telling me SMOK has lower quality products.. which doesn't strike me as true because I know it's a popular company. But I wouldn't really know quality when it comes to the brand, let me know if this is true!
Anyway, I'm getting the tank either way I'm sold on the Prince. :inlove: So, if you do recommend the Mag tell me! but if you don't recommend the mag, is there anything I can match the Prince tank up with safely? Can I even do that? Should I drop this idea altogether and look for a different mod? Let me know!
I personally didn't like the Smok mag and the prince tank. Had the Silver/black one and sold it.

The tank didn't deliver the flavour that I liked, might be the juice not giving me enough flavour, but I had to poke holes in the cotton to give me better flavour.

If you're looking for something that looks like the Prince Tank, get the Horizontech Falcon tank or the Freemax Mesh Pro or the Fireluke one. I've heard great things about them (great flavours), so you might wanna look at reviews about them.

For the mod, try a Voopoo Drag, or snowwolf Mfeng. I've never tried the mfeng but they're beautiful in my opinion and they come in different aesthetic colours.
Cons for the voopoo: I think the paint just chips a little over time

VU Sponsors