Become a Patron!

Smok Nord 2 options

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My friend has a Smok Nord 2. I was ordering coils for my Voopoo pod/mod and decided to help him out. I noticed two pod options (regular nord and RPM):
https://www.sourcemore.com/smok-nord-2-replacement-empty-pod-cartridge.html
I also got these RPM coils for it (0.4 ohm):
https://www.sourcemore.com/smok-rpm-replacement-coil.html
I hope these will fit and work in the Nord 2 RPM pod. Too late to change my mind... already shipped out.
Has anyone tried the RPM pod for a Nord 2? Do those coils look right? If not, I'll see ya on the marketplace thread.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Very nice of you to help out your friend. :)
others (on vape forums) have helped me before... just passing on the goodness. He's new to vaping and doesn't know much about it. His room-mate has the same device so I'm actually helping both of them (they both quit smoking at the same time thanks to vaping)
I love happy endings <3

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I got the pods and coils (he hasn't come over to try them yet) Since I ordered them, I asked about the e-liquid he and his room-mate use. Now I'm confused. I do DIY mixing and want to make some juice for them BUT... he said they use nic salts (he uses 3.5 % his friend uses 5 %) He get's unflavoed juice from a vape shop and adds flavor (mint) We have a flavor ban now in CA (thank god for DIY) I can't believe he is using 3.5 % (35 mg/ml) with a 0.4 ohm coil. I think I will mix him some 18 mg/ml juice to try out (if he's really used to that strong)

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got the pods and coils (he hasn't come over to try them yet) Since I ordered them, I asked about the e-liquid he and his room-mate use. Now I'm confused. I do DIY mixing and want to make some juice for them BUT... he said they use nic salts (he uses 3.5 % his friend uses 5 %) He get's unflavoed juice from a vape shop and adds flavor (mint) We have a flavor ban now in CA (thank god for DIY) I can't believe he is using 3.5 % (35 mg/ml) with a 0.4 ohm coil. I think I will mix him some 18 mg/ml juice to try out (if he's really used to that strong)

Salt nic juices are not usually harsh like freebase juices can be. That's why salt nic vapers can vape such high MG and not rip their throats out. It's that smoothness of vape as well as the fact that salt nic breaks the blood-brain barrier quicker and more efficiently is why salt nic is popular and why it gets never-smokers addicted to nic so fast at those high MGs. The idea behind the high MG is so that you don't have to vape as much to get a nic fix, but that brings downsides.

My guess is 18mg freebase will most likely be too harsh for them as they are probably achieving a 30W+ output on the Nord 2 with a 0.4ohm coil. The warmth from 30W+ may make the 18mg harsh to someone who is used to salt nic.

VU Sponsors