Become a Patron!

Smok Prince T10 & Prince Q4 coils

(Please bare in mind im a beginner vaporist and havnt really a clue what im doing, please correct me if im doing anything wrong)
Recently bought a Smok X-Priv vapor, used the pre-installed coil (Q4) and got a really nice taste from the oil (Nasty Juice Slow Blow). Because its a high VG oil i decided to take out the Q4 and give it a good clean as the gunk was starting to build up so i replaced it with the spare coil that came with the x-priv (T10). Filled the tank up and left it over night to completely soak the cotton and coils but now im just not getting as much of a taste as the Q4. Im using 80watts and .12 OHMS with the T10 and 70/80 watts and .400 OHMS with the Q4.
Is there anything im doing wrong that im just not getting the same taste as the Q4 or is it just the coil itself ?

Last edited:

HBVapeShop

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
The coils are different which will give you different effects. The q4 is geared towards flavor and airflow while the T10 is more for cloud production. You normally lose flavor when you opt for more clouds and vice versa. The ohms themselves can be a good indicator on premade coils of whether they are cloud or flavor geared. The lower the number, the better clouds you will get. The higher the number the better flavor you can get. This will of course depend on wattage and other things but it starts with the how the coils are wrapped, the ohms, and the amount of metal in there. If you haven't yet, I'd recommend trying the Prince Mesh Coils. They're great for flavor.

VU Sponsors