Become a Patron!

Smok Priv V8 Kit - No Fuss Vaping

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, This review takes a look at the latest direct output device kit by Smok.
I would like to thank Pearl from Cigabuy for supplying the Smok Priv V8 Kit free of charge for the purpose of this review.

http://www.cigabuy.com/authentic-smok-pr...10960.html

In The Box

Priv V8 Mod
TFV8 Baby Beast Tank
V8 Baby-M2(0.25ohm Dual Coils)(Pre-installed)
V8 Baby-M2(0.25ohm Dual Coils)
Replacement Glass Tube
USB Charging Cable
User Manual
Spare's bag
Vape band
Battery safety card
Warranty card

The one I was sent was the Black and Red

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The first things i noticed when opening the box was how slim the mod is and the high gloss finish of the paint. This together with the fire bar in a different colour gives it a very slender pocket friendly look. The curved body makes it feel great in the hand and if you look from above it is egg shaped, allowing for the device to be as slender as possible while still being able to fit a 24mm tank on it. I am not going to go into great detail about the 3ml Baby beast tank as so many Smok kits are released with it but it does aesthetically suit the Priv V8 very well.

The Priv V8 comes in a great choice of colours

Build Quality and Using

The device is made of zinc alloy and is very solid. The battery door fastens into place very securely and no rattles can be heard anywhere on the device. It is a single 18650 device and the orientation of the battery is clearly marked. The 510 which sits flush is good quality and spring loaded. Being a direct output device makes the device simple to use. There is no screen and the wattage entirely is governed by the resistance of your coil. Five clicks on the fire bar switches the device on then vape. To switch the device off five clicks again. The device is still regulated with plenty of safety features.

Specs of Baby Beast

Material:stainless steel + pyrex glass
Size:53*22mm
Capacity:3.0ml
Thread:510
Wide bore delrin drip tip
Bottom airflow adjustable design
Top refill system
V8 BABY-M2 0.25ohm coil head
RBA core supported

Specs of Priv V8

Material:zinc alloy
Colors: gold, red, purple, white, black, silver, black & red
Size:80*34*24.5mm
Max output:60W
Min support resistance:0.1ohm
Max support resistant:2.5ohm
Battery:1pc 18650
Standby current:<200uA
Input voltage:3.4-4.2V
Charging current:600-700mA
Dual LED indicators
Large fire key
Micro USB port Charging function
Impedance protection
Short circuit protection
Low battery warning
Reverse battery protection
Overshoot protection
8 Seconds cut-off

Performance

Being a no fuss device, the Priv V8 fires instantly and they have got the supplied tank and coil resistance spot on. The Flavour and cloud production was excellent from the M2 0.25 coil heads, i also got a great vape using the 0.3 coil heads in my Wotofo Flow. Personally i found the device was best suited from 0.2ohm - 0.3ohm. Because it is a direct output device the wattage and vapor production drops off as the battery runs down but gives a very good vape throughout the battery life.
The Con i found with this device is the LED flashes 15 times when the battery is about to die but there is no way of knowing how much battery life is left up to this point.

Conclusion

A simple to use no fuss device perfect for starters who identify they are more suited to DL. The Priv V8 is also a good pocket friendly device for more advanced users who want a simple device to carry around with them.

Pros

Simple to use
Fires instantly
Solid device
Great choice of colours
Pocket friendly
Very good price
Good battery life

Cons

Direct output device ( wattage drops off during use).
No way of knowing how much battery life is left.

I would like to once again thank Pearl from Cigabuy for supplying the kit and you can get the Priv V8 here:

http://www.cigabuy.com/authentic-smok-pr...10960.html

VU Sponsors