Become a Patron!

Smok R200 or IPV5?

culvre

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm buying a new mod soon and I've narrowed it down to either the R200 or the IPV5, but I can't decide which one to get. Anybody have a recommendation? I've found them both for the same price at vapenw.com, so cost isn't a factor. I'd love to hear some thoughts. Thanks!

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't own the R200 but I do have an IPV5. The IPV5 is an all around solid mod. Lot's of power, accurate TC, great 510 and its pretty too.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
These two products are not even in the same class, they are not comparable, IPV5 hands down for sure without a second thought, it is many times better in chip performance, accuracy, effeciency, functionality and Firmware, the SMOK R200 has a mediocre chip with shitty incomplete firmware that can only do 80W in TC, it does not read resistance correctly and is not accurate in TC.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the SMOK R200 has a mediocre chip with shitty incomplete firmware that can only do 80W in TC, it does not read resistance correctly and is not accurate in TC.

That's the limitation I was trying to think of. I thought there was an update for it that brought the TC watts up?

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's the limitation I was trying to think of. I thought there was an update for it that brought the TC watts up?
Surprisingly they have not updated shit until now after all these months even after i contacted them regarding it, they are just not willing to put the effort to make a proper firmware for the device, the device is still on firmware V0004 which is the one they released to remove the clock "feature" they moved over from the R80 without noticing that the R200 does not have an internal battery to keep that clock running!, they moved to other mod projects now so apparently making a proper firmware for the R200 is not on their priority list, SMOK mods are a lost cause really.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
After owning an X Cube II Smok is dead to me. Maybe I would buy a tank from them but never a mod. I have an IPV5 and I would take it any day over any Smok mod.

dscl

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm a big fan of the Yihi boards so I would go with the IPV5.

VU Sponsors