Smok Tech coming out swinging!

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good review. Glad you posted it Pancho. I have a feeling that this tank is going to be extremely popular amongst vapors and when it's released in the mainstream people are going to swarm on these like bees on honey. Every review I have seen thus far has been very positive and praising the tank for having excellent flavor, airflow and vapor production. The one thing that I'm not happy with is that Smok decided to release 4 separate versions of the same tank which in my opinion was a very big mistake and will confuse people in choosing appropriate cores. What they should have done was include the A1, X1 and X2 with the DIY RBA so that people could choose which core works best by having some experience with each core, since all cores are not going to appeal to everyone. Not much information out there at this point concerning the RBA but the A1 core is very similar to the Atlantis in structure and the Delta for the juice regulator valve, you can say that it's a hybrid of both. The X1 is similar to the Subtank head with wide juice holes. These are going to be offered in 1.2 ohms as well and there will be more resistance options, not limiting people to sub ohming. The tank looks very easy to fill which is important when people are in a hurry and don't want to worry about using syringes. He got his for $25 but I believe you'll be able to get them for around $22 (very good deal) and by far a better option in my opinion than the Delta or Atlantis. It will even offer more than the Melo unless Eleaf decides to roll out more resistance options. This tank looks to be a serious contender for the throne of the Subtank. So far, I would say the Subtank line are the best on the market and the Smok VCT is a very close second. In terms of price the VCT is the most affordable. The package is supposed to include spare o rings and a glass tube as well, so it's a very good deal. I'm eagerly anticipating the Melo but the VCT will be a definite purchase as soon as my vendors get them in (already on order):)

Here's another good review with a different presentation. The one above was for the X1 core this one is for the (A1 Core) Enjoy!
SMOK VCT A1 SUB OHM TANK VAPOR CHASER TANK - YouTube

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
All the coils are filled with Japanese organic cotton. The A1 Core = Single Vertical w/adjustable juice valve, comes in Nichrome .5, 1.2 ohms and stainless steel .3 and .5 ohms. X1 Core = Single Horizontal with large juice holes but no regulator valve, same resistance options as above. X2 Core= Dual horizontal coil in only .4 ohms. For now .5 ohms are the standard resistance that come with the kits. I presume that the remaining resistance options will be available very soon and will be sold in 5 packs just like all the other heads on the market. I believe that the price is going to be considerably less than the Atlantis heads $18 and Delta II heads $22. My guess is that they will sell for around $13 along with the Eleaf Melo heads being the same, only difference is that the Melo heads will fit the Atlantis. All these core options are sure to confuse a lot of people, so I wanted to separate each one to simplify them and make it easier for you to decide which kit to choose. For me, the A1 and X1 would be the solid choices. Both appear to be very good kits with only slight differences in positioning of the coil and a juice valve. 3.8 ml juice capacity and 22 mm diameter is just right. Wish they would have included the muffler glass drip tip instead of the stainless steel but no worries as I'll purchase that separate. In sum a very nice tank. Hope to see the cores made available when the tanks are released, expect distribution to slow down with the Chinese New Year.

SMOK VCT Vapor Chaser Subohm Tank - YouTube

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This buzz surrounding this tank is huge and it's not surprising it's generating so much interest. I sense that after the Chinese holiday these are going to be widely available with all of the cores and selling like candy. Save your money for this piece it's going to sizzle. I have a feeling Eleaf wasn't expecting this to be released around the same time as the Melo. Maybe add-ons are in the works for the Melo. Will be interesting to see the direction of the competition between the heavyweights.

Last edited:

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Oh yes I haven't seen joytech and smok going at it in years!
The results of them competing were always great for the customers in the end as well l.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just picked up one of the VCTs today with the A1 coils and I'm really digging it so far. It seems to be pretty comparable to my roommate's Atlantis for vape and flavor.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I have a friend who purchased the VCT and at that moment retired the Atlantis. He is now getting the best flavor with the organic cotton. My instincts were correct, this tank is going to battle the subtank for the top spot in the market. No word on the RBA as they haven't released it just yet, but the A1 and X1 cores are performing great. For $20 it's an easy choice over the Delta or Atlantis in my opinion. I would say that between the VCT and Subtank you get everything you could ever want in a hybrid set up.

Glad you are very happy with yours. After the Chinese New Year suppliers are going to get all the cores on the market and more options for everyone.

Last edited:

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh yes I haven't seen joytech and smok going at it in years!
The results of them competing were always great for the customers in the end as well l.

You bet it is, let the joust begin:D We'll have to be patient since Eleaf always has something good up their sleeve. They have been very busy with the Lemo and upgrading the iSticks both which have been extraordinarily successful around the world. Smok has the history and experience on their side while Eleaf has shown their drive to be the best. I really love to see a company that cares about the vapor and is not solely concerned about the bottom line, clearly reflected in their affordable price point for the VCT and Melo.

Xhalin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The Atlantis tastes just like a Nautilus; on stereoids. BIG vapor, with mediocre flavor.

The Subtank is MUCH better; though I'll be damned if I'm going to buy heads for it since they're now shot. I'll rebuild them til the insulators are unusable, and I'll continue using the RTA deck.

For n00bs that need big vapor satisfaction, in order to get the hell away from cigs; these new devices are a godsend. Let's not forget the n00bs. Fuckers are damn lucky with all the top kit coming out lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you sir!!

BigDaddyQ

Member For 4 Years
Bought the SMOK tank a couple of weeks ago, I've used it with both the single coil with juice flow control as well as the dual coil that didn't have juice flow control. Either way it didn't even perform as well as the nautilus mini as far as flavor and vapor production. I expect more from a subohm class tank. The Kanger, the Aspire Atlantis, the Joyetech Delta 2 and the Horizon Arctic all leave the SMOK VCT in the dust.

VU Sponsors