Become a Patron!

Smok tfv12 coils lasting 3 days

Biggie Slong

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi guys,

I recently decided to give the tfv12 a shot. I wanted to try out the 12 coils first so I gave them a good prime started at 50W and went up to around 100W. I was amazed at how good the tank is. very nice airflow, amazing flavour and huge clouds. I couldn't be happier. after two days I noticed one of the visible pieces of cotton had turned brown and later that day all the cotton was brown and my juice had turned brown too. There was a notable decrease in flavor first and then it got to tasting a bit burned so I decided to change coils in hopes it was just a bad coil. This time I went for the 1 big coil. Exactly the same process but here I am 3 days later with a brown piece of cotton and a slight burned taste. Please tell me these coils are supposed to last longer than 3 days and if so what I could be doing wrong. This tank was expensive and I love it at it's best so I want to use it but if using it means spending a fortune on coils I'll pass

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
They should certainly be lasting more than 3 days. However, depending on the juice, at these high wattages it's normal for the cotton and juice to darken. The more heat you subject it to, the darker it's gonna get. As far as tasting burnt.. some juices can cause this if they weren't designed for higher wattages. Your juice should be 70VG or higher if you are going to continue vaping at 100W. Also, some juices have heavy sweeteners in them that can cause premature darkening and burnt taste. I would empty the tank and try a different juice and see if it still does it.

HendrixVapes

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Im by no means a tfv12 expert, but in my experience the tfv12 coils didnt last me very long either, flavor dropped off after about 3 days and the cotton darkened, its been hit and miss for me with those coils, i have had good results the v12-x4 i believe its called, its the tfv12 coil with only 2 slots, good flavor and vapor production

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had the tfv4 and mini, tfv8 and the tfv12. The 12 is the worst tank I've ever owned but vapor production was the best. As a dripper, flavor to me was sub-par, I have yet to try any rba section which is being delivered in the next few days (will update). I vaped this tank a week and a half and used all 3 coils included in the sale of the tank. The coils never lasted. I make my own juices at a minimum of 80%vg with no sweetener. My friend has the horizontech tank and says a coil will last him a month or two with better flavor than the tfv8.
Just my two cents.

VU Sponsors