Become a Patron!

SMOK TFV4 TANK REVIEW AND HOW TO WICK RBA FOR NO DRY HITS!!!

Maynard

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That looks nice. Not my method, but looks quite effective.

People lose patience with this tank, but once you get it dialed in then it performs 2nd to none.

I use the "R2" dual coil RTA (sold separately), cut the wicks short like in the video, but prejuice a little and form the wicks lying atop the channels with a just a little bit of wicking lying in the channel.
(This pic is from last week's build. Re-wicked today and trimmed wicks even slightly shorter than this.)
20151109_202135_1.jpg

Vaping like a freight train, No dry hits, no leaks, and ample juice to the coils.

Again, the method shown in the video looks good. I posted the pic because people are always asking about wicking this tank, and what's shown in the pic has worked very well for me.

If anyone else has pics of what's working well for them on wicking the TFV4 then do share, please.

Cheers

blink.

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That looks nice. Not my method, but looks quite effective.

People lose patience with this tank, but once you get it dialed in then it performs 2nd to none.

I use the "R2" dual coil RTA (sold separately), cut the wicks short like in the video, but prejuice a little and form the wicks lying atop the channels with a just a little bit of wicking lying in the channel.
(This pic is from last week's build. Re-wicked today and trimmed wicks even slightly shorter than this.)
20151109_202135_1.jpg

Vaping like a freight train, No dry hits, no leaks, and ample juice to the coils.

Again, the method shown in the video looks good. I posted the pic because people are always asking about wicking this tank, and what's shown in the pic has worked very well for me.

If anyone else has pics of what's working well for them on wicking the TFV4 then do share, please.

Cheers

Looks good, what wire are you using?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I use the pancake wicking method and have since I bought the Segatank v2 rba for the Atlantis V2. Never a dry hit, nor any leaking/flooding and it works for any build I use. If I did the wicking method that dips into the juice channel it would restrict the juice instead of it self serving the cotton...think of a garden house with low pressure, would you stick a cotton ball bigger then the houses diameter into the hose to draw water or would you set it above it and have the cotton draw it as its needed? Filling the hole causes blockage and forces the cotton to restrict its own intake, but thats only if your build doesnt suck juice down....

I also just recieved the Dual coil rba, currently using dual nano fused claptons in it with great results!
20151112_083519-jpg.33611
20151112_092504-jpg.33615
20151111_103104-jpg.33560
20151111_112241-jpg.33566

Dbreezy187

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the video... Been battling the dry hits since I got this... I been dripping pretty much since I started vaping n for some reason thought I should be wicking down into the juice channel.... This cleared things up.... Building on the Clapton rba deck, duel/tf-r2 deck is in the mail n should be here in a day or so... But prolly won't use it as much now that its wicking properly.... thanks for your time and effort

VU Sponsors