Become a Patron!

Smok TFV8 Question

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi,

New her been vaping for about 7 months now helped me quit smoking after 40 years. I have a Eleaf TC100 that has been updated to 120. I use about 4 different tanks from an Isub Apex tank to a Crown tank. I recently bought a Smok TFV8 and love it but I am having an issue. Only used the quad coil it comes with so far, and my mod will not allow me to turn it up past 100 watts. I can turn it up without the tank I can turn it up to 120 and when I put the smoke back on it goes back to 100. It does not do this with any other tank. The coil says it can go up to 230 watts. Other issue is when my batteries are 3/4 charged and I take a hit over 2 second even at 80 watts after I release it says the batteries are empty, but go back to 3/4 charge in a second

When I try the tank on my sons Cuboid 150 it will not allow me to turn it up past 93.7.

Any help on this would be great can't wait to learn more. I love the flavour the Smok puts out it is crazy good and wild clouds.

Thanks
Water

It could of been your batteries, as if you was using 20A cells, at 120W with a dual 18650 device, you are pulling 18.75A, nearing their CDR, but they should still be able to out put this. At 100W, you was pulling around 15.6A, and this is with batteries that are nearly dead.

As has been mentioned, it could be output limits being hit, I am unsure of the Isub specs, as you may only inputting 15 or so amps, but the output could be much higher than this, and more than the board can output which was causing the issue.

You now have the alien though- and you will be fine using that up to about 125W if you want to stay within your cells CDR- at full charge levels with a higher input voltage, you can run it higher than this, but to be as safe as possible stick within the batteries CDR :).

VU Sponsors