Become a Patron!

Smok Xcube II

TheFog

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok so....let me first start by saying if you are in the market for a beautifully crafted mod this is ur ticket. The finish is amazing, even tho it is a pain to keep free of finger prints. I love that the box is a bit in the weighty side. Shows to a certain degree that it isn't cheaply built. The battery door is decent enough with the magnets being strong enough so the panel stays in place, but not so strong as being a constant annoyance of rattling around. The screen in on the top plate of the mod right in front of the 510 connection. I was a bit skeptical of this as my first thoughts were juice from an RDA would most likely seep in and cloud/ruin the screen. After using a bit that is not the case. The display is nice as well even when all the icons are shown, not too cluttered. The fire button is really a selling point for me as it is the entire length from top to bottom and is easily enough pressed to be effortless in firing. Although a lot thought this would be a problem carrying in ur pocket resulting in unintentional firing I have not had this problem and don't see it happening much if at all. The LED light bar behind the fire bar is a really nice touch as well. I've seen "gimmicky" and even the word "juvenile" used. I have to say with limitless possibilities of color and the fade and flash options for this feature it's really a plus in the direction of customization. I mean come on, we live in a world where no one wants the same as the next guy.

Now, as far as mechanically speaking this thing has every bell and whistle u could want. As a vv/vw standard wattage mode box 160 watts is plenty enough power to glow the most inventive of coils. Memory mode has 15 different slots to set ur own wattage. A bit much if u ask me as I can't think of 15 different scenarios that would need saving. Bluetooth 4.0 comes with the device and the Smok BEC app is available in both android and iOS stores for download. I have the app and it even further unlocks the potential of this device. U can customize just about anything u can think of from the app. From the Soft/Norm/Hard/Max ramp up option to the LED color. Even the TC coefficient can be adjusted from the app which leads me to my next topic. THE TEMP CONTROL WORKS FLAWLESSLY! SMOK FINALLY DID RIGHT BY US. lol but after the M80 debacle whose really laughing...I wasn't when I saw the way it preformed. But....back to the Xcube.

The battery life was really nice as well even tho this depends mostly on the batteries u use and not the mod so much. On a full charge vaping between 65 and 76 watts (I am a borderline chain vaper) it held up roughly a day and a half so...to each their own.

This is not a timid box and is quite heavy even tho like I said that doesn't bother me. I would definitely recommend this to new as well as seasoned vapers. Even tho I haven't completely forgiven Smok for the M80 this is definitely a step towards retribution. With a price point that anyone can afford 4.5 outta 5 and the .5 is just because of the weight and to "unlock" the titanium option it's an additional like $0.49....

THANKS GUYS FOR THE TIME....HOPE THIS MAY HELP SOMEONE

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

TheFog

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
BTW this was my first review so any feeback would be nice. Please be gentle lol

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I thought the review was good. I know I have used the word "Gimmicky" when discussing this mod. That doesn't mean I don't like gimmicky, in fact, I do. And I do like this box and the functions it provides. I don't own one, I may never own one. I will keep tabs on the long haul of it though. My issue is, How can so much mod be offered at such a low price. I may be old school here, but I believe you get what you pay for. Not sayin this is crap. I just reserve the right to be a skeptic, that so much can be had for so little. Truth is, if my pockets were an endless pit, I would have had this when it first came out.

TheFog

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the read....I was also taught the get what u pay for theory, but in my experience occasionally u hit good. If in fact this mod stands up to the benchmark or maybe even exceeds the quality of the other more renown mods at a 3rd of the price Smok may save face and aquire some new followers. I do know this. The TC and other options that so many look for today will be monitored closely. As far as a standard VW mod I mean come on 160 watts for under $80 is almost unheard of and that alone was what piqued my interest at t he start...the other options are just an added bonus

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I thought about if Smok is doing the, under price over deliver thing to regain trust in the community. I sure have no problem with that philosophy. It would make for a good at home cloud machine/toy for me. Keep us updated with anything you like or dislike.

TheFog

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I've had the xcube for roughly a week now. Thoroughly impressed...temp control is spot on...with tc coils and rda builds. Battery life on 70-90 watts all day vaping is a touch above average...I record a little over 600 puffs before the 20% battery warning. The led fire bar has yet to lose its appeal. The overall build of the device is fairly rugged except for the finger print problem...can't keep the thing smug free but that's a small price to pay. Overall fantastic device and for the price point it's above and beyond

harpo1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Great device but for me a don't like the way TC was implemented. PWM sucks in my opinion. I prefer the way yihi implements it. With the xCube when it reaches it's set temp it cuts power to the coil then all of a sudden you have max power again. Just feels weird IMO. Other than that the thing is a beast.

kathibg57

Member For 4 Years
Great device but for me a don't like the way TC was implemented. PWM sucks in my opinion. I prefer the way yihi implements it. With the xCube when it reaches it's set temp it cuts power to the coil then all of a sudden you have max power again. Just feels weird IMO. Other than that the thing is a beast.
Lol! So that's what my Heatvape Invader is doing!!!!! Not sure I'm a fan either!!

HoosierVape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ive liked mine a lot since I got it. Its a good mix of good working mod and party trick! The light up and bluetooth/app capabilities are definitely nice convo starters. Nice review!

Chaotic_Vapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I thought about if Smok is doing the, under price over deliver thing to regain trust in the community. I sure have no problem with that philosophy. It would make for a good at home cloud machine/toy for me. Keep us updated with anything you like or dislike.
They won't be regaining my trust after their latest extender mod, just as bad as before. Even though this mod looks glorious.... @op Great review I'll keep it in mind.

Jackrouach

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My issue is the trigger getting stuck I fix it it works for a day or so and back its a hassle

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

chrisjtown33

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I gave up and moved on to the ipv5. Doesn't have the looks but it blows the xcube2 away.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors