Become a Patron!

Smokers and ex-smokers more like to take SSRI?

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
I have to take Effexor to not be afraid of people. Is it common?
That shit can make you gain weight, just saying. And i do not believe that is what it is taken for. Besides we are on the internet so no one is real or that you will meet in person anyway. .

Manic Miner

Surfs up!
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That shit can make you gain weight, just saying. And i do not believe that is what it is taken for. Besides we are on the internet so no one is real or that you will meet in person anyway. .

Yeah it can, but that's not a problem for me! I feel I don't care so much about what I think ppl think of me. Fuck the bastards! :)

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
effexor is a SNRI, not an SSRI

smoking prevalence is much higher in the mentally ill. But population level studies also show that quitting smoking improves your mental health, and gives better outcomes for the mentally ill

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Effexor was prescribed for me with migraines...I only got to 37.5 and stopped that. Gave me migraines vs reducing them. I honestly think that drug is being marketed wrong. If you have insurance it's very cheap, if not get ready to pay out your pocket. That was the case with my neighbor, her insurance refused to cover it then she went to pay cash. She came home and without it.
I do know it's good for neuropathy but that's still in question.

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
SSR!'s do virtually nothing for or to me.
Tried 4 or 5 different ones.

Bingo. I've been a pharmacy nightmare until 2016. My migraines led me and the doctors to trying everything. I'm so happy to say I'm pharmaceutical free. With the exception of one med which is for seizures in lieu of helping prevent migraines. Only take rx's for onsets.
I never took them for anxiety issues though, I am one to stay 200% active and they never slowed me down. Lol

Big Pharma=Moneymaker....

On edit. ..I'm as much rx free as I've been in 20 years. Was on a huge cocktail x3 daily, down to one and then imitrex if hurting.

VU Sponsors