Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...ith-e-cigarettes/story-fni0fit3-1227306791853

First off, They are considering vapers who switched from deadly combustible cigarettes to vaping as non quitters.
It's way easier to get the desired results by changing the rules to fit your agenda - 5150

"Separate research also found nicotine exposure led to alcoholism in mice, suggesting it may also condition human brains to seek alcohol.

Researchers from The Scripps Research Institute in the US found that mice not exposed to nicotine would only drink the human equivalent of two beers.

However, after being exposed to nicotine vapour for three weeks, mice began drinking the equivalent of a six-pack and developed alcohol dependence much faster than mice exposed to alcohol vapour"

What the fuck!
You've got to be fucking kidding me!

The mouse is being tortured by these assholes!
Of course the mouse is going to self medicate with not regular alcohol but alcohol VAPOR.
The FUCKING MICE DRANK BEFORE they were force fed (PROBABLY THE HUMAN EQUIVALENT OF 100ML'S A DAY) eliquid for 3 weeks.

All this proves is scientists are really good at torturing mice! - 5150

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
damn.. :( why do they have to be mean to the mice?
mice dont smoke or vape, much less drink.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The funny thing with biased "studies" is, sometimes the bullshit is so obviously bullshit that it simply ends up exposing the agenda of whoever wrote it. In this case, it flies in the face of reality: at this point, vaping is widespread enough that everybody knows someone who's managed to quit smoking with vaping after every other smoking cessation attempts had failed them.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
yeah but there are some that tried, but yet went back to smoking..
on the same token.. ^^ can be said.. my brother's dad will never vape again..
his choice.. but i wish he wouldnt be like this.. so he can stick around a bit longer.. :(

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, I did notice, out of 70-some smokers I've converted to vaping, 5 or 6 of them have returned to smoking - at least some of the time - after 6 months to a year. Still, all things considered, it's a much higher success rate than with patches, lozenges or Chantix.

The thing is, the "vaping finally made me quit smoking!" story is getting to be rather well known in the general population. Even non-smokers are aware of it. And nobody seems to be disputing the fact that It Works[tm] - especially considering the spectacular rise in the number of vapers you can see almost everywhere lately. That's why a newspiece that claims less success rate with vaping is just laughable, and exposes the partiality of the author with glaring clarity.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors