Become a Patron!

Smokestore in China.

hammerdean

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Has anyone bought from this vendor-Smokestore?? I did not realize it was in China, and it's to late to cancel. If I known it at the time I ordered my mod, I would of ordered from a U.S. vendor.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I've never ordered from them, but they are a VU vendor

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
It means they are an authorized vendor here on VU (Vaping Underground)

Smokstore (China)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm guessing the reason why you thought they were from the USA is because the have a .US domain name. Unfortunately the .US domain does not require the registering party to be located in the USA, unlike many other country-specific domains, which is a shame, IMHO, because it gives the visitor a false sense as to who they are dealing with in the case of an online store.

Everyone and anyone can register a .US domain. The only rule the .US domain name has is that you cannot use privacy on the whois info of .US domains. As you can see, their domain whois info lists the registrant as a China-based individual/organization.

https://whois.domaintools.com/smokstore.us
JGydlih.png

Next time you make a vape purchase and you need the vendor to be from the USA, check their contact page and about us page for an address. Also, if a vendor takes Paypal they are not from the USA because USA vape vendors are not allowed to use Paypal.

Also, the shipping options are a dead giveaway, too. If you see shipping options like "e-packet", "HK Post", "Airmail", "EMS", or weights measured in kg, they are not a US-based vendor. Long delivery times for the cheaper shipping options are also a dead giveaway.

sbizq2b.png

But as JL said, don't worry too much. If you used a credit card or paypal, you are pretty much protected should things not work out as it should. My guess is everything will be OK. They are not a fly-by-night company. I have not ordered from them but I have seen many threads on forums of other people that have.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Paypal they are not from the USA because USA vape vendors are not allowed to use Paypal.

There are a handful of US vendors that take PayPal

Folks don't talk about it a lot due to worries that PayPal will dump them

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Interesting. If they are new/small and not making many sales, they can get away with it. Otherwise PP will drop the ax on them once they hit a certain level of sales. If they are well established and popular (making a lot of sales) that is strange. Surprised other vendors haven't reported them to PP. I know a well-established US online vendor and he has told me a few stories of how brutal other online vape vendors are to him. They used to be super brutal when he first started selling because they hated to see new competition, driving prices and profit down. Quite a brutal bunch.

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

There are a couple of ways they get away with that.
One is if they don't sell juice or nicotine though technically since everything is tobacco now
those are few and far between and mostly inhabit Ebay.

The other is if like Angelcigs for example they have a warehouse in the US
but bill out of China (or elsewhere not in the US) so they can accept PP

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I know two hardware and two flavoring makers for sure

A couple of smaller outfits with shopify stores also take PP

PM me if you want to know the hardware or flavor maker