Smy260???

mike-c

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok, somy father in law is thinking about pulling the trigger on one of these and I figured I'd try to find out a little bit about their quality for him before he does.

I know some of you have them, so what's you take on them? Would you buy another one? Any issues so far?

Thanks for any help on the subject.

Delight

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It is still new, so there isn't much to say about them.
There have been a few reports of issues (Shorted batteries and USB charger), but SMY has been pretty good on replacing them from what I noticed.
I have one, but damn batteries are not here yet :x
Another thing he should note before getting one, this fucker is HUGE.
Why does he want one? The high watts, battery life of three 18650s, how it looks?
I personally think he should wait a bit before buying unless he really wants it.

mike-c

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Personally, I think he's lost his mind. I've got a 100watt Grand Innovations and really don't ever take advantage of more than 70 watts. Best I can figure is he wants bragging rights.

See he helped start the only vape shop within a 70 mile radius. Then of course after he showed the owner how to mix his own juice and helped choose the stock they kinda left him out to dry. So I'm guessing he wants to show off a bit.

I'd love to talk him out of buying it for safety sake. He's found a place that he can buy one for less than $90, so I'm sure it's probably a clone. By now I'm betting you feel me on this.

Thanks for your help Delight. I'm gonna make sure he's heard all the bad things I can find before he drops the change on it. I'd rather him get a good 150w box that's proven, but what do I know. Lol

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
the 260 watts is figured on a odd scale to make it appear more than it really is... I dont think there is much to brag about I mean
it only goes down to .3ohms I would avoid it myself IMHO I just do not think that SMY has ummm figure it out yet

mike-c

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I agree. Do you have a link to that info so I can pass it along please?

VU Sponsors