Become a Patron!

So lost on RTA's

CloudChasin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, I am looking through a lot of builds and nobody seems to go over 70ish watts. I so badly want to get into building my own coils, but I vape at 120-130w. Is there any RTA's out and about that I'll be able to pull it off on? I know wire plays a big role on that so any recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CloudChasin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was just dabbling around on steam engine. Doesn't yet make much sense to me but I'll get there. Just wanna make sure I get the appropriate tools before I dish out some cash on shit that won't satisfy my needs. Ya know?

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As for RTA's? Shitloads out there that can well handle over 100W builds

Boreas
Modfather
Griffin
Bellus
Reload
etc
etc
etc

Actually most of them on the market other than MTL RTA's like the Kayfun or Squape

CloudChasin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As for RTA's? Shitloads out there that can well handle over 100W builds

Boreas
Modfather
Griffin
Bellus
Reload
etc
etc
etc

Actually most of them on the market other than MTL RTA's like the Kayfun or Squape

Hey thanks man I'm gonna give those a look!

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You'll also find that you may not need to go past 100 watts with your own built coils. You can get a very satisfying vape from round wire with impressive clouds under 100 watts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

CloudChasin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You'll also find that you may not need to go past 100 watts with your own built coils. You can get a very satisfying vape from round wire with impressive clouds under 100 watts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Gee I'm hoping so. I barely get the clouds I want now at 120w!

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

MAh3gKs.jpg

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

If clouds are all you want maybe you should stick with RDAs. The boreas puts out good flavor and can suck a tank of juice in about 10 minutes, easy, with the right build. You might even get a cloud out of it.

CloudChasin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If clouds are all you want maybe you should stick with RDAs. The boreas puts out good flavor and can suck a tank of juice in about 10 minutes, easy, with the right build. You might even get a cloud out of it.

Cloud and flavor are both important to me honestly. I get great flavor at 120w with the cloud beast.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Cloud and flavor are both important to me honestly. I get great flavor at 120w with the cloud beast.

You go on then. I vape at 45 with singles and don't go higher then 70 with the boreas. Plenty of cloud and flavor on both and use claptons. That's enough.

Have a fabulous cloudy day.

ModoJ

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Something others have touched on but haven't gotten across well...

You can get a similar experience at a lower wattage with different coils. You might need to vape at 120 on the cloud beast, but an RTA might give you just as hot and flavorful a vape at 75. It's all about playing with coil resistance, airflow, coil mass, coil diameter, etc. It's an awesome feeling finding a build you perfected yourself.

When using steam engine, pay attention to heat flux, this is a rough guide to "wattage range", but is by no means fixed. Like I said, change your air, change your mass, you can get what you want out of any of the modern RTA's.

I'm currently in love with my Serpent SMM, probably my favorite RTA to date.

Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm currently sitting sitting in my dining room/office vaping on a $15 (brand now) RDA with a simple dual 24 gauge 3mm 9 wrap coils at 51 watts and I'm fogging the shit out of my house. I won't win any contests but it's annoying my family and that's good enough for me.

I'll echo @ModoJ on the Serpent SMM With a single coil at 40 watts I can get pretty good clouds and flavor out of this world.

CloudChasin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My thing is definitely clouds. I love blowing huge thick clouds. Especially since I'm getting into the more "trick vaping" side of things. But would hate to lose too much flavor.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My thing is definitely clouds. I love blowing huge thick clouds. Especially since I'm getting into the more "trick vaping" side of things. But would hate to lose too much flavor.

Why not have setup for both? Have one or ten for flavor and hazing over a room and one or ten for tricks and making your car look like Cheech and Chong were in there when you get out.

I'm not expert but whether its flavor, clouds, or a combo of both will depend as much on your build as the atty being used.

CloudChasin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why not have setup for both? Have one or ten for flavor and hazing over a room and one or ten for tricks and making your car look like Cheech and Chong were in there when you get out.

I'm not expert but whether its flavor, clouds, or a combo of both will depend as much on your build as the atty being used.

Makes sense. I definitely do more cloud chasing than anything.

VU Sponsors