Become a Patron!

So the ZNA clones are on the way

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just saw a post on a FB group taking pre-orders for ZNA clones. Here we go.

istock_can-of-worms.jpg

bkkdaytrader

Member For 4 Years
chines dealer told me the clones have they same dna chip as hana clone..60$ each minimum order 5 peices

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
There is a lot of talk and such but Im really not sure yet. There are pictures, but they look kinda photo shopped. Im certain they are working on one - but are they ready? ehhhh i dunno

Artisan Vaping

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
It'll be funny to see Zen go all barbarian on their collective asses.

Those worms look delicious, BTW.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

Fuzzy Bruce

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Pre-order from EBay?? Probably not the time to do this now that there may be a shut down of stores that sell this sort of item.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Pre-order from EBay?? Probably not the time to do this now that there may be a shut down of stores that sell this sort of item.
The beauty of eBay: No item in 45 days?
PayPal refunds your money. No questions asked :)

Fuzzy Bruce

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The beauty of eBay: No item in 45 days?
PayPal refunds your money. No questions asked :)

even if the seller has been banned and can not be found?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
even if the seller has been banned and can not be found?
especially if the seller has been banned. they instantly refund you as long as the banned seller doesn't provide tracking info for an item already sent.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
If you clone it, they will come.

With credit card and a PayPal link

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Personally, I don't want/need another DNA30 device. I am not buying nothing unless its 50watts+ (besides mechs, drippers, tanks, juice, drip tips, DIY supplies,.... lol)

Ladygadget

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unless Zen has patented the entire device, the only thing he can do is register his trademark and stop anyone from using it. The description says "Zen Style Clone." We'll see what happens. Zen has every right in the world to stop others from using the name and trademark on any device.

creedthevaper

Member For 4 Years
Unless Zen has patented the entire device, the only thing he can do is register his trademark and stop anyone from using it. The description says "Zen Style Clone." We'll see what happens. Zen has every right in the world to stop others from using the name and trademark on any device.
Well, Guess what you are wrong. There is no patent or copywrite nexus between China and the United states so there is nothing Zen can do. even the lawsuit thar Hanamods did will not be finalized because the vendor had no true nexus to Hana there fore he did nothing wrong. The fact is is ILL vape had a real lawyer he could counter there claim and get all of the lawyer fees back.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
All Zen could do is sue the end user. Like Hana is doing now.
The China/US laws are really shitty.
Maybe if we (The US) didn't owe China 4 trillion dollars that would be different.

Ladygadget

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Guess what? You are wrong. If a company has a registered trademark and notifies Customs and Border Patrol to enforce it, any item that comes into the commerce of the United States in violation of copying or counterfeiting a legitimate trademark will be seized and destroyed. Patents are a different matter that I am not familiar with vis a vis the law, although I believe it follows the same guidelines. I'm a licensed Customs Broker, please review the regulations. The key is that the trademark holder needs to notify and request protection from Customs. While China does not respect intellectual property rights like the US allegedly does, once an item enters our sphere of law, all protections can be put in place but the holder must notifiy the appropriate agency.

vapire

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ya but that doesn't apply from individual making single purchase from vendors like fast tech from my understanding. As long as you buy one.
Guess what? You are wrong. If a company has a registered trademark and notifies Customs and Border Patrol to enforce it, any item that comes into the commerce of the United States in violation of copying or counterfeiting a legitimate trademark will be seized and destroyed. Patents are a different matter that I am not familiar with vis a vis the law, although I believe it follows the same guidelines. I'm a licensed Customs Broker, please review the regulations. The key is that the trademark holder needs to notify and request protection from Customs. While China does not respect intellectual property rights like the US allegedly does, once an item enters our sphere of law, all protections can be put in place but the holder must notifiy the appropriate agency.

Temple Noble

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There must be some way to enforce it. I know Coach (handbags) will sue even Mom & pop places for selling China look a likes.

Ladygadget

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Because Coach has the resources to do so. And yes, if you are a one off manufacturer like most of the "original" mods are, it's not in your best interest or maybe you don't know you can register. Coach is a multi million dollar maybe billion dollar enterprise and has everything to lose if they don't enforce their trademark. And note, it's a trademark, not a patent. And the stuff that is sold on Fasttech is from mostly makers outside of the US. There is no jurisdiction here unless the trademark holder submits it to CBP for enforcement. And btw, Coach only sues for "counterfeit" merchandise, ie. merchandise sold as "Coach", not knockoffs. When you see "in the style of" or "XXX type", they are knockoffs, not being passed off as authentic. Now if they have the "trademarks" of the original company, they are open to cease and desist orders from the owner of that trademark.

Ladygadget

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ya but that doesn't apply from individual making single purchase from vendors like fast tech from my understanding. As long as you buy one.
Only because the TM owner has not sought to reinforce their rights as trademark holders.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
There must be some way to enforce it. I know Coach (handbags) will sue even Mom & pop places for selling China look a likes.

Yes they are busting counterfeiters all the time. Handbags, NFL jerseys, sneakers, etc. But that is the Feds doing those busts and seizures. Do you really think they would give a shit about something that the government is trying to ban anyway???

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Kind of like how these mod makers are suing mom & pop shops for selling mods they got from China.
It's really no different at all. Where do you think ALL knock offs come from?
If it was a country we DIDN'T owe 4 trillion dollars to the US wouldn't allow us to buy from them.
Like "cuban" cigars.

creedthevaper

Member For 4 Years
All Zen could do is sue the end user. Like Hana is doing now.
The China/US laws are really shitty.
Maybe if we (The US) didn't owe China 4 trillion dollars that would be different.
If ILL vapes has a real lawyer hana can't win. Ill vapes was not a stomer of hana and for everyone else knows the couldn't have known that this was not a leagal way of doing business because of the fact we have no agreements with china about copy rights and patends.

VU Sponsors