Become a Patron!

So what new mod read below for the choices!

JamesV

Member For 4 Years
Lost Vapes Triade DNA 250. 3 - 18650 battery power.

Lost Vape Triade DNa 200, 3 - 18650 battery Setup

Wismex Reuleaux DNA 200, 3 -1685.

I want a new RNA just not sure which one to get. i run alot of low ohm RTA/RGTA.

HELP

Jamrs Vally

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I read the reuleaux doesn't have great wiring. I haven't heard anything bad about the Triade. That being said I'd go with the Triade 250.

The 250 is the newest chip why bother with the 200? The main plus I see is the 250 doesn't have the plastic piece for the positive side of the battery because it has reverse protection built in to the chip.

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I would second that. The Triade 250 has reverse polarity protection on the board (the 200 doesn't) and 2A charging if you charge in the mod. And yes, 50W higher rating, but no idea when you would ever get that high. The Wismec DNA uses the same chassis and 510 connector as on the RX200/S, which is fine on a $40 mod, but not what I would choose for a >$100 DNA mod.

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I would second that. The Triade 250 has reverse polarity protection on the board (the 200 doesn't) and 2A charging if you charge in the mod. And yes, 50W higher rating, but no idea when you would ever get that high. The Wismec DNA uses the same chassis and 510 connector as on the RX200/S, which is fine on a $40 mod, but not what I would choose for a >$100 DNA mod.
Honestly 2 amp charging is nice but I think the best upgrade is the removal of the old "reverse protection" aka the plastic rings

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Honestly 2 amp charging is nice but I think the best upgrade is the removal of the old "reverse protection" aka the plastic rings

I know that's a "feature" most 200 owners complained the most about with ripping wraps, but I've had good luck on the 200 with inserting and removing batteries from the "side", and haven't ripped a wrap yet (OK, a small nick on one, but not even worth rewrapping for). Still, I agree including reverse polarity protection on the board is best, should have been available on the 200 without a daughter board (and I know it was originally made to be set up for Lipos, but it wasn't that hard to imagine replaceable battery mods would also be turned out).

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Triade 250 because of the reverse battery protection.
The rest of the new chip features are a bonus.

VU Sponsors