Become a Patron!

So what's the latest on the VTC "Discontinuation"?

All the information I can ever find seems to go back to that one post on Reddit, and never anything else solid to back it up. Now Joe said in one of his last deals that it seems the rumors are true, but I haven't seen anything further to back it up.

Last thing I saw was the dude who makes the Ranger OKR saying that it's just a shortage.

So do we know anything further?

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I've read the letters from Sony, been told by a vape shop that the nuclear plant disaster in japan shut down the factory, and most recently a trusted vendor I just ordered 4 LG HE2's said that the shortage might last through early next year.

IMO, Sony is covering their ass since they didn't intend for these to be used as such, the nuclear story, though possible, sounds iffy, and I trust this vendor, so I'm gonna go with a shortage. However, that shortage could very well be caused by a pal ant shutdown, so who knows.

They most definitely will re appear if it is a shortage, so time will tell. And I just don't believe Sony's statements. I'm digging my LG's and they are more than I need, so I'm content with my three Sony unicorn batteries for now.

Kemosabe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
heres a quote from another VU member from the Samsung 20R thread in the Deals and Steals sub-forum. click the little red arrow to read the whole post.

I saw a Interview with a Vender in tight with illumination Supply. According to Him He Illumination Supply and a Representative from Sony who asked asked for a meeting to learn about the E-Cigarette Industry and where its at now. The Sony 18650 battery supply question was Reported answered by the rep--paraphrase-After the nuclear plant melt done in Japan one of their manufacturing plants was shut down. They built a new plant in the Philippines. They have steadily moved production at the new plant from 20% of capacity to now about 60%. In the mean time they had to keep supplying their major customers. According to this report Sony is getting more interesting in the Electronic Cigarette Industry not less. I believe I found the link to this Video- a popular Vapor Tv broadcast with 2 guys-- on ECF

The Rep from Sony was the one who asked for the meeting which lasted about 2 1/2 hrs. The Sony Rep was also very interested when the guys showed him a sample of a large order of Sony fakes[Very Good Job of fakes] that Illumination Supply purchased high up in the supply chain

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Like any other company, Sony is very interested in making $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

And our $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ spend the same as from other sources.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
heres a quote from another VU member from the Samsung 20R thread in the Deals and Steals sub-forum. click the little red arrow to read the whole post.
That's actually awesome, and I guess both my B&M and online vendor sound like they are correct.

That's what I was referencing in the original post. I have a lot of faith in Illumn because they're probably the best battery supplier on the web.

Kemosabe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i like illum a lot too. my order arrived quicker than expected, and in a very secure package. batts were in plastic cases, inside cardboard boxes with foam surrounding the cases. batts were at the correct voltage for storage (3.6v). not only a very conscientious supplier, but also the best prices. very pleased with my purchase.

VU Sponsors