Become a Patron!

[Solved] Soapy/Chemical Vape

Quick question,

I keep getting a really horrible taste when I rewick my vape. I don't understand what's causing it because I've tried two different brands of cotton, and various different juices. Normally the taste goes away after a few painful hits, but this time it just doesn't seem to go away. I tried turning my device as high as it can go, and just blowing on the coils as I fired it and it still didn't seem to 'break in the cotton', which lead me to believe that it's not the cotton. My coils don't seem to be burnt, they look fine to me.

20160128_182137.jpg

This is my setup, and it looks fine but tastes absolutely horrible. My only guess is maybe my coils, but I dont want to throw away a dual fused clapton because of some other issue. Is there some special way to break in cotton? Because I can't hit this, and firing it + blowing on it doesn't seem to work.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Before the first hit, are you certain you fully saturated the cotton?
Maybe the cotton near the center of the coils got burnt. Could test this by lightly tugging on one end to see if the other end moves.

I have thoroughly over-saturated the cotton trying to make sure it's not dry anywhere, I wasted around 1ml of juice before just trying a different brand of cotton.

I found it out, it was a mixture of my coils being shot (idk how), and the juice being absolutely horrible. For sure never buying from this brand again.

VU Sponsors