Become a Patron!

Some flavors must be diluted..

BunnyT

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Newbie, here. I noticed some of the flavors I've been shopping for is listed as "must be diluted".. With what?

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Propylene glycol or vegetable glycerine or various mixtures of the two and nicotine base if desired. They are basically telling you not to just load the flavor and try to vape it as it comes. Some are quite concentrated. The percentage of the mix that is flavor can vary from 1% or less to 30% or more. Read through some of the DIY forums here to get a feel for what's being done. Googling DIY e-juice or DIY e-liquid can also shed some more light on it for you.

Last edited:

DocDrake

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So then if I understand this correctly all three PG, VG and Nicotine are bases while all the flavors are acidic? Also are there any base flavors out there somewhere?

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think the best way to put it is that PG and VG are carriers/dilutants for Nic and flavors. Nic can come diluted in either PG/VG or both as can flavors but almost all flavors will be diluted in PG. The flavors will need to be diluted further for vaping.

I have no idea about the ph but some mixes are said to need a drop of lemon or other adjustments for ph. That's over my head at the moment and I haven't seen much talk about it.

DocDrake

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think the best way to put it is that PG and VG are carriers/dilutants for Nic and flavors. Nic can come diluted in either PG/VG or both as can flavors but almost all flavors will be diluted in PG. The flavors will need to be diluted further for vaping.

I have no idea about the ph but some mixes are said to need a drop of lemon or other adjustments for ph. That's over my head at the moment and I haven't seen much talk about it.
Thank you, great way to put it I get it now.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
A lot of the juices if not most from the B&M stores need to be diluted they have still not learned low% make it so much better. But that's ok you can get more for the buck this way.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Please be sure if you are buying flavors (store bought liquid) or flavorings (concentrated, that the store bought liquids are made from). Some sites carry both. To make your own, you need flavoring, PG, VG, and nic.

VU Sponsors