Become a Patron!

some questions

Hello, my name is Ilya Osintsev and i have been vaping for about 3 months. I have 3 questions for that maybe you can answer.
I currently own a Kanger Subox Mini Starter Kit and I am thinking about buying High Voltage Sub-Ohm tank and my question is - would this tank work on my device? because i would love to be able to vape on high voltage.

also I bought Velvet cloud vapor juices and they are 100%vg, every time i smoke them I get dry hits and pretty much no taste. is that because of my device or eliquid? Also tried to steep them and it didnt help.

And the last question, when I bought Kanger Subox Mini kit, the tank came with the 0.5ohm coil that goes up to 60W. It was an awesome coil. I looked up online for it but couldn't find it. All the ones they sell online 0.5ohm go only to 30W. Can you help me finding it?

I know that maybe these question are not relevant for you but I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thank you for yuor attention,
Cheers

Last edited:

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi osiny... welcome to VU.

I believe you probably mean wattage, not voltage. VW mods are rated in peak wattage and replacement coil heads are rated for use within an X watt range. Also, should you ever get into rebuilding, the coil modeling programs are designed for wattage applied to obtain X heat flux for a given build... heat flux being the value of coil radiant heat, expressed in milliwatts per millimeter squared.

Reading the specs, the Subox Mini has 50 peak watts, and a 0.3Ω minimum operational resistance... so, those are your working values.

I have no familiarity with "Velvet Cloud" juice. Of course, the issue could be you as well. "Vapors Tongue" is not an uncommon condition.

100% VG generally doesn't work all that well in RTAs... the viscosity is too thick for the majority of wicking systems, with insufficient capillary action to rapidly refresh the wick-in-coil... with the resultant dry/burnt hits. A fe options would be:
  • Search for RTAs that are designed specifically for high VG content juice. I've seen a few advertised as such, but don't recall the name/model.
  • Starting with a 50/50 blend as a baseline, move up (or down) in VG content (for the RTAs you have or buy)... until you find a functional/flavor happy medium.
  • If 100% VG is your "thing", buy a RDA and learn how to build your own coils.
A quick Google search, using the term "Kanger Subtank OCC Vertical Coil - V2"... brings up a number of on-line vendors that carry the 15-60 watt coil heads. Here's just one.

matthew.wallwork

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good morning osiny!
I use the sub box mini too and Velvet Cloud is one of my most favorite juice companies at the moment. It sounds like the issue has more to with the tank than than the inability to go beyond 50w. For the subtank mini I would make sure the the coil is super primed with juice before I installed it. The .5 coil heads are better at wicking than the 1.2 as the juice holes are bigger so finding them will hp. Another trick I found was to use the medium airflow option as this creates more suction when you draw and pushes juice in the coil more efficiently. Another trick is to every now and then cover the airflow with your finger and draw without firing the device to help get the juice into the coil. I had great luck when using the RBA head (lots of how-to videos out there) and and kept a "less is more" attitude when wicking the coil. If if all this sounds like a nuisance - because it can be - try picking up an atomizer with larger juice holes in their coils like the aspire triton or the arctic from horizon tech (awesome tank for VG) or if you want to try building your own coils, I love my lemo 2 with velvet's juices. I've since picked up a couple higher wattage devices but I still havnt found myself wanting to go beyond 45 watts as it just gets too warm for me so I would explore changing the tank you are using before getting a new device lest you may find yourself in the same place. Granted, I don't really go below.5 ohms unless it's in an RDA or a nickel coil.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors