Become a Patron!

Sony VTC5A - Where to buy?

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
After recent articles and an interview with Mooch, I'd like to try to pick up some Sony VTC5A batteries. These are not the same as the regular VTC5 batteries. They appear to be a 25amp continuous battery that can pulse very safely at 30amp at low temps, and has 2500mah besides.

One little problem, I can't find anywhere in the U.S. that sells them. I've found a handful of European online stores that carry them that will ship to the U.S. and FastTech seems to have them. I'd rather not wait month for a Fasttech order. Does anyone know of a reliable seller for these?

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Cool, thanks! I can live with that price for a pair or two for my mechs. Especially since I have (counts on fingers) 8 other batteries that are just fine for my mechs. 25rs are fine for dual 18650 regulated devices right? Lol.

skeene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I thought Sony no longer made lithium ion batteries?

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I thought Sony no longer made lithium ion batteries?
For retail, but OEM they still were. Supposedly they are selling their battery division to another Japanese company. Saw a story about it from August when I was looking for VTC5A info.

nicounderground

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
After recent articles and an interview with Mooch, I'd like to try to pick up some Sony VTC5A batteries. These are not the same as the regular VTC5 batteries. They appear to be a 25amp continuous battery that can pulse very safely at 30amp at low temps, and has 2500mah besides.

One little problem, I can't find anywhere in the U.S. that sells them. I've found a handful of European online stores that carry them that will ship to the U.S. and FastTech seems to have them. I'd rather not wait month for a Fasttech order. Does anyone know of a reliable seller for these?
Hi they are $6.00 and change if you buy more than 3 it's less :) mooch recommends this place Lionwholesale also they're really nice and helpful and have the best chargers too ..

https://liionwholesale.com/cart

VU Sponsors