Become a Patron!

Sorry if already asked and answered ad nauseum....

Hey hey... this is my very first post here. I have been vaping for about 6 years, and mixing my own juice for roughly 3 of those. Up until now, I have always mixed "freebase" (hate that term) juices with Loranne's flavorings. Just recently I am wanting to switch to nic salts, and will be switching to Capella flavorings. My question, and please forgive me if this has been asked to death and back, is this: what % of a 30mL bottle should be Capella? With freebase and Loranne's, I was using 7.4mL of flavoring in a 30mL bottle, and with consistent success (I understand that strawberry is easy to overdo, but I'm not a strawberry kinda guy anyway). So, is there a rough guesstimate of the mL's of Capella I should use when mixing 24mg nic salts in a 30mL bottle? I'm not asking about nicotine... I've got that part worked out. And I do understand that various flavors require differing percentages, but I was looking for a ballpark rough % as a basis of knowledge to get the ball rolling for experimentation. Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me out with this, and again, I'm sorry if this has been asked and asked and asked (a cursory Google search didn't turn up much).

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Hey hey... this is my very first post here. I have been vaping for about 6 years, and mixing my own juice for roughly 3 of those. Up until now, I have always mixed "freebase" (hate that term) juices with Loranne's flavorings. Just recently I am wanting to switch to nic salts, and will be switching to Capella flavorings. My question, and please forgive me if this has been asked to death and back, is this: what % of a 30mL bottle should be Capella? With freebase and Loranne's, I was using 7.4mL of flavoring in a 30mL bottle, and with consistent success (I understand that strawberry is easy to overdo, but I'm not a strawberry kinda guy anyway). So, is there a rough guesstimate of the mL's of Capella I should use when mixing 24mg nic salts in a 30mL bottle? I'm not asking about nicotine... I've got that part worked out. And I do understand that various flavors require differing percentages, but I was looking for a ballpark rough % as a basis of knowledge to get the ball rolling for experimentation. Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me out with this, and again, I'm sorry if this has been asked and asked and asked (a cursory Google search didn't turn up much).
Different flavors within a brand are not all used at the same percentages. What Cap flavors are you wanting starting percentages for?

Welcome to VU btw.

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I second @Letitia, I use Capella flavourings a lot and not all of them need to be at the 10% mark. Some, like their French vanilla and bavarian cream only require as much as 1% before it can be going a little overboard. I have used up to 25% flavouring but that was a little much for my palate. If you have a list of flavourings you are going to use could you share with us? I may not have used them all but will definitely my minimum and maximum levels for the ones I use. If it would help that is.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies... I'm afraid the list is quite lengthy (I tend to BUY when I buy), but here goes:

Lemon Meringue Pie v2
Peaches and Cream v2
Boston Cream Pie v2
Cherry Cola
Pink Lemonade paired with Double Watermelon
Blue Raspberry Cotton Candy
Sweet Mango
Sugar Cookie v2
Vanilla Cupcake v2
Silverline Tropical Fruit Punch
Silverline Rainbow Candy
Silverline 27 Bears
Pralines and Cream
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream paired with Juicy Orange

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the replies... I'm afraid the list is quite lengthy (I tend to BUY when I buy), but here goes:

Lemon Meringue Pie v2
Peaches and Cream v2
Boston Cream Pie v2
Cherry Cola
Sweet Mango
Sugar Cookie v2
Vanilla Cupcake v2
Silverline Rainbow Candy
Silverline 27 Bears
Pralines and Cream

A fair list and it seems I have only used like 2 of them, and I've got a fair collection of flavours haha. Blue raspberry cotton candy I have only used in small amounts, around 1% and vanilla Bean Ice cream which I use around 1.5%-3% but that is usually in conjunction with The Flavor Apprentice VBIC. The previous suggestion from MWorthington is sound advice. I gained a lot of knowledge through other people's experiences on eliquidrecipes. Also can give you a better idea of the percentages to start at with flavours you've never used before

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team

Lemon Meringue Pie v2
Peaches and Cream v2
Boston Cream Pie v2
Cherry Cola
Sweet Mango
Sugar Cookie v2
Vanilla Cupcake v2
Silverline Rainbow Candy
Silverline 27 Bears
Pralines and Cream
I don't buy v2 anything, I like it nasty.
Sweet Mango I like at 3% in a mango forward mix, but it's strong and as an accent only at 0.5% will make a difference. Excellent flavor for boosting a cantaloupe.

That's all I can offer.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team

Lemon Meringue Pie v2
Peaches and Cream v2
Boston Cream Pie v2
Cherry Cola
Sweet Mango
Sugar Cookie v2
Vanilla Cupcake v2
Silverline Rainbow Candy
Silverline 27 Bears
Pralines and Cream
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavors
Type in the flavor > on the far right click on "rating > click on the one with the highest #

VU Sponsors