Become a Patron!

Sorry this is cringy

I just got into vaping maybe a week or two been loving it so far. But trying to get more in to it but I just get so confused. So my mod is a Procolor kit 225 Watts by smok. And I’ve been dying to go passed 40 Watts but with the tank that I have (baby beast) I can’t because I’ll just start getting dry hits and I want to get the cloud beast king but right now my vape at .424 ohms and cloud beast king coils are made for .1 . And I just wanted to know how to I get my ohms down do I just get better batteries? I know I sound like a absolutely noob but oh well.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Welcome to the underground ...not a silly question at all ;) ...regulated mods work differently to mechanicals in terms of battery draw

On a regulated device for the battery amp side it depends on what wattage you want to vape at, and the mods low battery cut off ....with the beast king some of their coils require a good 150 or so watts before kicking in so Sony VTC5A would be good for you around that wattage ...I’d say personally if you need to push it past that point you are better off getting a 3 Battery mod to support the full range of wattage required for the beast king

With the same batteries on a 3 battery mod you are looking at around 200w which is plenty

...most regulated mods support down to 0.1ohm resistance. ideally though to access the full range of the output your looking at around 0.16ohms target ...you’ll see a lot of the bigger smok coils are around this resistance for this reason, if you build you own unless you know what wattage you want to vape at this is also a good target

Welcome to the underground ...not a silly question at all ;) ...regulated mods work differently to mechanicals in terms of battery draw

On a regulated device for the battery amp side it depends on what wattage you want to vape at, and the mods low battery cut off ....with the beast king some of their coils require a good 150 or so watts before kicking in so Sony VTC5A would be good for you around that wattage ...I’d say personally if you need to push it past that point you are better off getting a 3 Battery mod to support the full range of wattage required for the beast king

With the same batteries on a 3 battery mod you are looking at around 200w which is plenty

...most regulated mods support down to 0.1ohm resistance. ideally though to access the full range of the output your looking at around 0.16ohms target ...you’ll see a lot of the bigger smok coils are around this resistance for this reason, if you build you own unless you know what wattage you want to vape at this is also a good target
Thank you a lot of stuff is starting to clear up I’m trying to vape between 60-90 Watts and 150-180 Watts and stay there honestly after that might be too high for me to enjoy so after my understand I should just get better batteries and my tank correct?

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Important thing to remember. Just because your mod will do 220w doesn't mean you should do 220w. You adjust the watts to find the zone you like to vape in.. normally.. 40 to 70w. Larger coils require more watts (more metal to heat)
I like my vapor fairly warm, so i usually vape builds between 90 to 150w, you might not like a vape that warm, so for you 50 to 70 might be better. The numbers written on your coil casing are only a guideline. Maybe I like a warmer vape than 110w provides? Am I wrong to exceed what is on the coil? Not one bit. (of course airflow, coil type, tank design etc contribute to the vape)

VU Sponsors