Become a Patron!

Sort of diy-ish.

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not sure if this is appropriate here.

What happens to juice over time exactly? I bought a bottle of commercial juice the other day, and while it doesn't have any dates on it all of the reviews I've looked at are 1-2 years old. The stuff is super sweet, thick and dark. Obvious signs, but it came in a package and I was in a hurry.

The stuff tastes fine. It seems to vaporize like other juice too, however, it pooches the cotton and coil almost immediately.

Are there any health reasons to not use old juice? If this stuff is that old I'd guess the nic is mostly gone (or spoiled, or whatever it does over time). I have a big bottle of 80/20 vg/pg 6mg. Can I dilute this stuff with my diy base? Should I just throw it away and consider it a $45 lesson?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Juice does not technically expire as in it's gone bad and will hurt you. What happens with juice over a long period of time is the flavors and nic start to degrade. (Most strawberries start to degrade at about 6 months.) Some juices will turn almost black the older they get... it won't harm you to vape it... but they probably won't taste good anymore. Here's the standard I go by... from the time I receive the juice... if it's unopened in plastic bottles I'll keep it for 1 year... if it's unopened in glass I'll keep it for 2-3 years.

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's very sweet, and guns everything up, but I otherwise enjoy it. I'll run a small sample mix to see if it's worth keeping. The liquid came in a plastic bottle. Inside the package it smelled strongly of strawberry, but the bottle was sealed well the level was at the top.

My biggest concern was safety, so I appreciate the confirmation that it'll be okay.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The sweeter and darker a juice the more it will likely gunk up the coils..
Age has little or nothing to do with that....

Oxidized nicotine colors juice.... but actually that's different as the darkening isn't due to increased desolved solids or caramelized sugars.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, the stuff gunks up so badly it's made the juice taste gross. Totally a mind thing because I loved the first few drips but it's just as thick and dark as blood and just unappealing. I can only use it on built coils because it'll quickly destroy factory coils.

I bought some Flawless Slurricane and YamiVaper Taruto and both are fantastic. The Slurricane is clear, which I like. I need to look for recipes for both because I'll be vaping both quite a bit. The shop may let me have free samples, but I need to get going with my diy anyway.

VU Sponsors