Southwest Airlines and e-juice

Discussion in 'Vaping Related But Doesn't Fit In a Category' started by natesmom, Dec 21, 2014.

1. natesmom

natesmom New Member

Blog Posts:
    Hi all!

I'll be traveling for the holidays on SW and an wondering if any of you have brought juice on a SW flight?

Should I just put it all in my checked bag or can I throw a few plastic bottles in my purse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. AmandaD

AmandaD Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I've traveled on SW with all my vape gear in hand luggage. No problems at all. Just be sure you put them in the little plastic bag that goes in the bin!

NXX.SXPXRNX and natesmom like this.
  3. Dr3d

Dr3d Yes. What was the question? VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Check your airport. My concern was flying SW from Pheonix to Houston earlier this month. TSA is the group that can cause headaches. Thankfully, Pheonix is a vaping friendly airport and I had no problems. I passed thru security with my bottles inside a ziploc. They did not even blink at the liquid, the mods or the batteries.

Flying SW, have a plan for your batteries. Online regs state you cannot carry Lithium Ion batteries in checked or carry-on baggage. As I said TSA didn't blink but I had my 3 spares in a belt holster, one in a mod and another in a flashlight which I also pocketed.

My plan was simple. If I had been hassled, I was prepared to drag every laptop user on the plane under the bus with me.

4. Celtic Fog

Celtic Fog Tir Na Nog Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    If all else fails, you can always overnight express your liquids and gear to your destination, if your visiting family or even to a hotel. If your going to a hotel, just call ahead and talk to the desk manager and explain you have a package incoming for your arrival.

natesmom likes this.
  5. natesmom

natesmom New Member

Blog Posts:
    I only have an MVP and a few stick batteries (evod, istick, etc) are these considered lithium ion??
    I'm flying between houston and dc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. AmandaD

AmandaD Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    You won't have a problem. Just take them in your carry on!

7. Michael Smith

Michael Smith New Member

Blog Posts:
    Agreed. Been traveling heavily this last year and always carry several bottles on flights. Never once had an issue. Even at the tiniest airports it's no problem. I don't even use a bag for liquids.

Sent in the form of a monster cloud via plume veil