Become a Patron!

Squid vapes sale today.

mchaggis79

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I only just discovered squidvapes yesterday so I have no idea if they regularly discount their products, but from what I've read so far they seem to make quality mods and tanks. Currently their detonator mod is 60% off and their peacemaker RTA is 48% off which I thought was a really good deal so I snagged both today. Figured I would share that for whatever reason they're having really good prices today. I know the double barrel seems to be a fan favorite and it's also currently 40~% off.

I won't lie I was kinda upset because just last night I placed an order for the peacemaker RTA at $38 only to wake up this morning to see it at $25. I got over it though cause I just cancelled the original order, re-ordered it and added the detonator mod cause it was discounted so heavily. Happy vaping.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I only just discovered squidvapes yesterday so I have no idea if they regularly discount their products, but from what I've read so far they seem to make quality mods and tanks. Currently their detonator mod is 60% off and their peacemaker RTA is 48% off which I thought was a really good deal so I snagged both today. Figured I would share that for whatever reason they're having really good prices today. I know the double barrel seems to be a fan favorite and it's also currently 40~% off.

I won't lie I was kinda upset because just last night I placed an order for the peacemaker RTA at $38 only to wake up this morning to see it at $25. I got over it though cause I just cancelled the original order, re-ordered it and added the detonator mod cause it was discounted so heavily. Happy vaping.
I am trying to talk myself out of this...

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Come to the dark side. Join me... cause I tried talking myself out of buying anything and ended up with a new mod and rta.
I had 2 detonators, love them. over the the course of 10 days they both crapped out. I made one from the two, still works. My squad picks what days it wants to work. Not having alot of luck with Squid... I think I heard they are going bye-bye... I was reading your other post and I think I'll save the money for the new qp mini.. besides I ordered two profile rdtas this morning...

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Come to the dark side. Join me... cause I tried talking myself out of buying anything and ended up with a new mod and rta.

Same thing for me today, although not at that sale. Dern sales... :cheers:

mchaggis79

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I had 2 detonators, love them. over the the course of 10 days they both crapped out. I made one from the two, still works. My squad picks what days it wants to work. Not having alot of luck with Squid... I think I heard they are going bye-bye... I was reading your other post and I think I'll save the money for the new qp mini.. besides I ordered two profile rdtas this morning...
Yea I'm definitely going to get the juggerknot mini v2 when it becomes available for sale from somewhere in the states. I got burned last time I ordered the gata from qp when right as it got delivered I got an additional note saying I owed Fedex another 20 some dollars for buying something from outside the country. Had no idea that was even a thing since when I ordered the juggerknot mini years ago I didn't have that additional charge.

edit: But I'm so over using the gata and it's restricted AF airflow always causing my vape to be way warmer than I care for I bit the bullet and got the peacemaker. Hopefully I'll be happy enough with it until I can get my juggerknot bae back in my life.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yea I'm definitely going to get the juggerknot mini v2 when it becomes available for sale from somewhere in the states. I got burned last time I ordered the gata from qp when right as it got delivered I got an additional note saying I owed Fedex another 20 some dollars for buying something from outside the country. Had no idea that was even a thing since when I ordered the juggerknot mini years ago I didn't have that additional charge.
I think we may have to hire @Theboss as a personal shopper.... :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm thinking of starting my own online shop for you U.S vapors ?. I've bought gear and shipped 9 packages in the last 6 weeks for my southern friends.
We are going to have to create an underground railroad to get thru the next few years, I've been stocking up for over a year now..

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
We are going to have to create an underground railroad to get thru the next few years, I've been stocking up for over a year now..
Agreed. I'm always happy to help when I can. When you Americans say - I have a guy in Canada, that'll be me, lol

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Agreed. I'm always happy to help when I can. When you Americans say - I have a guy in Canada, that'll be me, lol
That work both ways... I figure I'm good for 3-4 tears, I'm 66, so no use planning too far ahead...LOL

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
ohhhh I've wanted one of them detonators for a long time, that price is really tempting, even though it is old mod now, wonder how the black paint holds up, anyone got a black one and know?

mchaggis79

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
ohhhh I've wanted one of them detonators for a long time, that price is really tempting, even though it is old mod now, wonder how the black paint holds up, anyone got a black one and know?
Old mod? I didn't even know it existed until yesterday... course I'm a little behind the times I guess since I'm still using the original geekvape aegis lol.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Old mod? I didn't even know it existed until yesterday... course I'm a little behind the times I guess since I'm still using the original geekvape aegis lol.

Yea 2 years old, which in the vape world, that is really old, but they make good mods, and I have become really fond of the single 21700 mods, so didn't have to twist my own arm much :)

mchaggis79

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yea 2 years old, which in the vape world, that is really old, but they make good mods, and I have become really fond of the single 21700 mods, so didn't have to twist my own arm much :)
It still amazes me how much vaping has changed since I started. Back when I started we didn't even call it vaping it was still just called using an electronic cigarette or e-cig. I started with those really shitty cig-a-likes I think they were from Totally Wicked which I don't even know if they still exist today. I had the charger that could carry one fully put together cigarette and a spare battery and a few atomizers. Then after a few years of upgrading through the ego line of... mods? Idk what else to call them so I'll go with mods, clearomizers, cartomizers, replaceable atomizers with i think it was the ego-c, and so on and so forth. Then one day someone asks me about my setup by saying something like "what kind of vape is that?" and I just looked at him like he had 5 heads and said "wtf is a vape?".

now 10ish years of vaping later and we're calling a regulated mod that's only 2 years old "old" lol.

edit: OH! i almost forgot. When I first started I even had a passthrough cig-a-like thing that would use my laptop battery to power my e-cig. Man those were the days back in college. Fuck I'm old. :sadcry:

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Might be a bargain but I had nothing but issues with squid products. Really liked my double barrel but it crapped out on me. Had the Detonator - did not take the battery it said it would. Them peacemaker is okay but TBH there are lot better RTAs out there. Would love to support Squid for what it stands for but I just cannot.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
edit: But I'm so over using the gata and it's restricted AF airflow always causing my vape to be way warmer than I care for I bit the bullet and got the peacemaker. Hopefully I'll be happy enough with it until I can get my juggerknot bae back in my life.
I love the Gata. Have two of them. Itmhas two different airflow rings. For an MTL it is not that tight.

mchaggis79

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I love the Gata. Have two of them. Itmhas two different airflow rings. For an MTL it is not that tight.
That's my problem. I'm not a mtl vaper. I usually take long drags straight to my lungs and the airflow on the gata even in dlh mode aren't even close to the airflow I need.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's my problem. I'm not a mtl vaper. I usually take long drags straight to my lungs and the airflow on the gata even in dlh mode aren't even close to the airflow I need.
Yep. It is restricted DL. It was not designed to blow clouds and low ohm coils.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

I have a black one and a gunmetal one. The gunmetal one crapped out. The black one is still working, and the paint looks just like it did the day I got it. I'm not hard on mods, though, and that one has rarely been out of the house.

I bought mine on sale at eliquid.com and paid about 60 apiece for them.

If you can keep them working, they're great mods, do a very good job at TC, nice hand feel and responsiveness.

mchaggis79

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
All these replies about detonators crapping out I'm beginning to regret buying one

mchaggis79

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well I found out why squid stuff is so cheap at the moment. Saw his Facebook post saying he's closing the website and he doesn't want to sit on inventory. So get while the getting's good I guess. Hopefully I have good luck with the detonator. If not I still have my aegis that's still chugging along fine and I still have my eye on a dovpo Odin mini. If there are any other dna75 or dna75c (idk what the difference is) that take a single 21700 please let me know.

mchaggis79

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just got my detonator and peacemaker today. They're not the best mod and rta I've ever used, but they certainly feel like a step up from my geekvape aegis and gata. The gata, being designed more for mtl vaping, has never been my cup of tea because it's so restricted (to me). The peacemaker has so much airflow I don't feel the need to leave the sides of my mouth open when inhaling, it's seriously like taking a normal breath to me so for that it gets a gold star. However the build deck is wonky and I don't like how I gotta fiddle with the ceramic thing to stay up so I can actually get the dang coil under it. I'm happy and I'd give it a 7.5/10. It should give me satisfied until I can be reunited with my favorite RTA, the juggerknot mini, which likely won't be for at least a few months.

The detonator feels nice in the hand and it was super easy to figure out all the settings. I turned off that stupid LED cause... why is it there to begin with? The temperature control feels better than the aegis did, but it could just be a case of the aegis being as old as it was with no firmware updates. With the peacemaker it looks like it'll fall over if I look at it funny though. Again pretty happy with it, especially considering the price I got it at.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just got my detonator and peacemaker today. They're not the best mod and rta I've ever used, but they certainly feel like a step up from my geekvape aegis and gata. The gata, being designed more for mtl vaping, has never been my cup of tea because it's so restricted (to me). The peacemaker has so much airflow I don't feel the need to leave the sides of my mouth open when inhaling, it's seriously like taking a normal breath to me so for that it gets a gold star. However the build deck is wonky and I don't like how I gotta fiddle with the ceramic thing to stay up so I can actually get the dang coil under it. I'm happy and I'd give it a 7.5/10. It should give me satisfied until I can be reunited with my favorite RTA, the juggerknot mini, which likely won't be for at least a few months.

The detonator feels nice in the hand and it was super easy to figure out all the settings. I turned off that stupid LED cause... why is it there to begin with? The temperature control feels better than the aegis did, but it could just be a case of the aegis being as old as it was with no firmware updates. With the peacemaker it looks like it'll fall over if I look at it funny though. Again pretty happy with it, especially considering the price I got it at.

Wow you got yours fast, mine's still sat in CA.

mchaggis79

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yea I saw that, but like the idiot cheap bastard I am, I went with USPS :facepalm:
Well there's your problem lol. USPS is slow, but at least they don't treat packages like Ace Ventura like FedEx does. Honestly every time I have to use FedEx I'm worried if the package will arrive in one piece. I almost went with USPS because of that

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well I found out why squid stuff is so cheap at the moment. Saw his Facebook post saying he's closing the website and he doesn't want to sit on inventory. So get while the getting's good I guess. Hopefully I have good luck with the detonator. If not I still have my aegis that's still chugging along fine and I still have my eye on a dovpo Odin mini. If there are any other dna75 or dna75c (idk what the difference is) that take a single 21700 please let me know.
ZQ Essent

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mine turned up today, not played with it yet, but feels a good study mod :)

unnamed (10).jpg

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Don't judge the book by the cover , I works great...and celebrating it's second life...... :bliss:

mchaggis79

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That reminds of me of my smy sdna75 mod. the paint on that chipped and scraped off like hell like that, but it kept on trucking. I sold it to a friend several months ago, like $20 for the mod plus a ton of other stuff I no longer use, far as I know it's still working fine.

update on my detonator and peacemaker. I still really like the mod, but I'm not feeling it for the peacemaker. It'll taste really good for like a hit or two after filling up the tank, but after that I just taste air. I thought maybe I had too much wick in the coils so I re-wicked and tried again, that leaked like a sieve, tried a third time and I thought I had it just right, and nope less wick than the first time, more than the second, but still little to no flavor. It's really making me reconsider moving over to a squonk mod. I'm still definitely going to get a juggerknot mini remastered asap, but I think an alternative might be a dovpo topside with some squonkable RDA cause after the initial excitement of having a new rta and mod wore off I'm less than impressed with the tank.

VU Sponsors