Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Tres amigos en el trabajo :)

d8lnsqn6pyxzbq96g.jpg
BeAutiful rigs mate.
Atty newbie alert again, but what are those sexy little toppers?

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I totally agree with your comment about elitism and thanks for bringing it up!

Back in the day it was "Provari Snobs" as in if you did not own one you were not a real vaper and they really did kinda look down their noses at you!

Me. its whatever floats your boat or lift up your skirt.

Sure I have some really cool gear but if you are happy with your Vape Pen. Then I am happy for you!:vino:
Do I ever remember the provarinati's!
I remember team provari and the reonaut.
Then there were people on both sides that owned both... Or people who owned a Prorape, and moved onto higher wattage but for heckled and and bashed for leaving the precious behind.
-I don't miss those days.....
I've always said: there is no perfect mod for everyone. There is whatever mod that keeps you vaping rather than smoking; which is the perfect mod for you.

BAM crew

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I totally get what you are saying about the vape shop snobs!

A couple of years ago I went to the grand Re-Opening of a vape shop that had just expanded into much larger quarters.

And I was vaping a custom mod that was made by a personal friend and given to me as a gift by another.

View attachment 81923

This mod that I still use from time to time sported a DNA 20 which was pretty much top of the line back then.

I left never to return when they told me that they could fix me up with something that looked "Way Cooler"
Haha! I got that at a shop, but I was carrying a dna40 mod- that I built into a Hana style box with a varitube 510.
They thought it was a clone and were making fun of me. Yet I had that box before the hana40s were released.
I never walked back into that shop again.

BAM crew

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Last time I got funny looks at my G2 & Boreas combo in a vape shop, I asked the cloudz bro guy behind the counter what was he vaping. He told me something I didn't pay attention to and while he was watching me I switched from TC to power, Kicked it up to 150w, opened up the juice, took a "timid" primer puff. Looked him in the eye and took a looong pull and let go a fog bank. It got sorta quiet in there and then all I heard was daaammmm! what tank is that? My answer was: oldie, but goodie, just because I didn't create my own weather front, it doesn't mean I can't. I just enjoy flavor, not clouds and their beasts and what not could never put out the flavor I get out of my "old" tanks.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Last time I got funny looks at my G2 & Boreas combo in a vape shop, I asked the cloudz bro guy behind the counter what was he vaping. He told me something I didn't pay attention to and while he was watching me I switched from TC to power, Kicked it up to 150w, opened up the juice, took a "timid" primer puff. Looked him in the eye and took a looong pull and let go a fog bank. It got sorta quiet in there and then all I heard was daaammmm! what tank is that? My answer was: oldie, but goodie, just because I didn't create my own weather front, it doesn't mean I can't. I just enjoy flavor, not clouds and their beasts and what not could never put out the flavor I get out of my "old" tanks.
Haha!!!!!
Awesome dude!!! Gotta love when the younger "professional vapors' get confused.

BAM crew

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
LYING SACKS OF SHIT, THIS IS NOT IN MY MAILBOX.

View attachment 81930
Ouch... I hate that message. Time to call the P.O. They may have it, last time that happened to me was at my house, and the driver had it lying in his truck all week. I met him outside days later and insisted he look, lo and behold, there it was. Call your local P.O., and also USPS. I've also had my idiot USPS driver deliver to a similar address a few streets down. They were honest, as was I when I received their packages... twice... SMH.

Sorry to see that. It could magically show up. I'd get on the phone with the local P.O. and make them talk to your carrier. Then go from there. My experience says you will call and magically it will re appear... Delivered scans are never good if it wasn't delivered, but I've seen some downright insanely illogical scans by USPS tons of times. Good luck!

Jlankford3336

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Any suggestions on how to to get a reo 8.5ml bottle to seal? Damn thing seems to push mor air than juice and no matter how hard you push a teeny tiny bit of juice enters the atty.
Thanks

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Honestly, I'd bet $1 I get it tomorrow. It used to happen ALL the time, that I'd get an "arrived" notice the day before delivery...
I figured they were scanning as "delivered" when they'd load the truck - then not deliver til the next day - but with a location scan and a late afternoon (typical delivery time) time, I don't get it...

Ouch... I hate that message. Time to call the P.O. They may have it, last time that happened to me was at my house, and the driver had it lying in his truck all week. I met him outside days later and insisted he look, lo and behold, there it was. Call your local P.O., and also USPS. I've also had my idiot USPS driver deliver to a similar address a few streets down. They were honest, as was I when I received their packages... twice... SMH.

Sorry to see that. It could magically show up. I'd get on the phone with the local P.O. and make them talk to your carrier. Then go from there. My experience says you will call and magically it will re appear... Delivered scans are never good if it wasn't delivered, but I've seen some downright insanely illogical scans by USPS tons of times. Good luck!

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like the newer, soft one, right? The one in the middle of the attache pic?
(FIB stands for "Fancy Italian Bottle" - also called the "Supersoft" even though the one on the right is much "fancier" AND softer...)

They don't "seal" well at the threads - and so you've got air leaking out when you squonk instead of it pressure-pushing juice up the tube.

Things to try:
1) Tighten REALLY tight, even if you make a mess from squeezing while you tighten the cap, it may get you through this filled bottle.

When it's empty, try one or more of these tricks to improve the cap/thread seal:

2) Cap/tube on empty bottle. PINCH OFF the tube. Squeeze bottle - HARD - it should not leak air, and the pressure can help "force" the threads to match up better in the cap...

3) Since #2 didn't really work that well for me, I looked around and tried this. It worked better. Cap on bottle tight, but NO tube, HEAT the cap with a lighter. It may get some black residue - that's OK. Heat it up - then dip it in water to cool.

4) If THAT doesn't work, there's an O-ring that'll fit inside the cap that will work. I don't have a link for it. But I got some O-rings with my ModMaker bottles, and put one inside a "SS" bottle like yours - and it worked well.

Any suggestions on how to to get a reo 8.5ml bottle to seal? Damn thing seems to push mor air than juice and no matter how hard you push a teeny tiny bit of juice enters the atty.
Thanks

Attachments

• bottles.jpg
    bottles.jpg
    613.2 KB · Views: 32

Jlankford3336

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sounds like the newer, soft one, right? The one in the middle of the attache pic?
(FIB stands for "Fancy Italian Bottle" - also called the "Supersoft" even though the one on the right is much "fancier" AND softer...)

They don't "seal" well at the threads - and so you've got air leaking out when you squonk instead of it pressure-pushing juice up the tube.

Things to try:
1) Tighten REALLY tight, even if you make a mess from squeezing while you tighten the cap, it may get you through this filled bottle.

When it's empty, try one or more of these tricks to improve the cap/thread seal:

2) Cap/tube on empty bottle. PINCH OFF the tube. Squeeze bottle - HARD - it should not leak air, and the pressure can help "force" the threads to match up better in the cap...

3) Since #2 didn't really work that well for me, I looked around and tried this. It worked better. Cap on bottle tight, but NO tube, HEAT the cap with a lighter. It may get some black residue - that's OK. Heat it up - then dip it in water to cool.

4) If THAT doesn't work, there's an O-ring that'll fit inside the cap that will work. I don't have a link for it. But I got some O-rings with my ModMaker bottles, and put one inside a "SS" bottle like yours - and it worked well.
I'll give those a try. Thank you for the advice.

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well twisting the lid with everything I had seems to have worked for now. We'll see how it goes! I may try the soy bottles or those elitest lukeos bottles.

When I get the modmaker bottles I will send you one of those as well. The last batch of supersoft bottles have all been pretty shit IMO, and I'm hoping the modmaker bottle stands up.
The Lukkos bottles are niiiiice but holy shit the cost. I still can't bring myself to fill one, they sure do look nice on the shelf though.
As an addition to @Train and his fantastic advice for sealing, I've had good luck using near-boiling water.... first, empty bottle, cap on as tightly as possible, pinch the tube and squeeze the bottle to set threads. Then, dip the cap end of the bottle into the hot water for a few seconds, remove and pinch the tube and squeeze the bottle again to finish seating the threads.
Squeeze gently while everything is still hot so you don't deform the bottle at the threads. Dip in cool water and the threads should now be pretty well formed to the cap. It's the same as the lighter trick without the lighter is all, really.

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@minimalsaint thank you sir. I'll try that also. You'd think for $6 the bottle cap would have a decent seal. My coke bottles seal really well and they only cost $1.79 lol.

For sure!
I'm not waiting on my original order to magically appear so I placed another yesterday with expedited shipping.... with any luck I'll have this order by the end of the week. As soon as I do there will be one in the mail for you.

Same goes for you @gopher_byrd

Last edited:

ResIpsa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alphabet soup Speed Revolution atty (YFTK) not a bad MTL atty. No AFC, only a 1.0 mm air hole (single), decent machining, post screws with flat bottoms/caps so you can actually are able to trap the wire. Deep well with the pin protruding so it will not drain fully. Decent flavor. I had no time to play with post positions (you can re-position the positive post) and could only find a SS 2.0 mm ID clapton coil I had made earlier. It has posibilities but for now.....I'm running back to the Nuppin.:vino:
Forgot to add, it comes with the squonk pin installed and an extra 510 pin insulator in the goodies bag.

Got one of the YFTK Speed Revolution clones from 3Fvape this week. Using it on my VTInbox and really like it. Nice easy build for a MTL draw. May get a couple more and see what it's like with a slightly larger airhole.

Chris

1rudedog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
When I get the modmaker bottles I will send you one of those as well. The last batch of supersoft bottles have all been pretty shit IMO, and I'm hoping the modmaker bottle stands up.
The Lukkos bottles are niiiiice but holy shit the cost. I still can't bring myself to fill one, they sure do look nice on the shelf though.
As an addition to @Train and his fantastic advice for sealing, I've had good luck using near-boiling water.... first, empty bottle, cap on as tightly as possible, pinch the tube and squeeze the bottle to set threads. Then, dip the cap end of the bottle into the hot water for a few seconds, remove and pinch the tube and squeeze the bottle again to finish seating the threads.
Squeeze gently while everything is still hot so you don't deform the bottle at the threads. Dip in cool water and the threads should now be pretty well formed to the cap. It's the same as the lighter trick without the lighter is all, really.

white thread tape is the easiest fix ive found..couple of wrapps and viola and havent forgot ya juicy lucy...just havent got to the vape?cig store for bottles yet...sorry

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
For sure!
I'm not waiting on my original order to magically appear so I placed another yesterday with expedited shipping.... with any luck I'll have this order by the end of the week. As soon as I do there will be one in the mail for you.

Same goes for you @gopher_byrd
Thanks @minimalsaint and @Train for the hints on the REO super soft bottles.

According to USPS tracking Rob at REO has my super softs in the mail with expected delivery on Monday. Now let's see if USPS is true to their word, not that I'll be holding my breath on that.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
white thread tape is the easiest fix ive found..couple of wrapps and viola and havent forgot ya juicy lucy...just havent got to the vape?cig store for bottles yet...sorry

Oh geez, I know what you mean

Got caught up in a small handful of similar this and thats recently - and a whole week got away from me. Then I botched it, felt bad, but what can I say?

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Happy weekend squonkers!
I'm chomping at the bit to get my Tiny Little F#cker! But still a couple weeks out.
Thanks for all your advice on a good atty, I picked up an authentic Hadaly, seems to be the big favorite.
I almost bought a Pico Squeeze to play around with but opted to use that cash for the Hadaly Bell Cap by Chris Mun. I love that look.
I'm super excited... Haven't looked forward to vape mail like this in awhile.
Fun to have a new direction/obsession.
Now back to those thumb exercises..
; )

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Happy weekend squonkers!
I'm chomping at the bit to get my Tiny Little F#cker! But still a couple weeks out.
Thanks for all your advice on a good atty, I picked up an authentic Hadaly, seems to be the big favorite.
I almost bought a Pico Squeeze to play around with but opted to use that cash for the Hadaly Bell Cap by Chris Mun. I love that look.
; )
spinner addiction?

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Happy weekend squonkers!
; )

the Mulciber is another great little atty to pick up. Just buy the hex grub screws and find a small 510 tip
https://tiberian-vapor-co.myshopify.com/products/mulciber-atomizer?variant=25544549254

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
spinner addiction?

Ha! Dude no.
What is it with the fidget spinners anyway?
Why is that a thing??
Are there really nicotine jonesing vapers that tweak out on those?
I can think of wayyy better things to play with (cough cough)

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
something wrong with me I still do tanks and squonk too...
And I actually like the vape from the Dripbox 160 atty better than my 22 mm goon.
I am just a total failure at elitism...
Feel like Eeeyore....

Maybe have your Dripbox meticulously engraved and serialized 1/1 by a hermit artisan in the Philippines?

Wicked Gene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And I actually like the vape from the Dripbox 160 atty better than my 22 mm goon.
Feel like Eeeyore....

I agree with you. I still like tanks too. Sometimes they are just more convenient to use. My Ammit gets used quite frequently. And I have a Sherman on the way. I'm prob 70% squonker and 30% tank usage, just depends what I have going on for the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ha! Dude no.
What is it with the fidget spinners anyway?
Why is that a thing??
Are there really nicotine jonesing vapers that tweak out on those?
I can think of wayyy better things to play with (cough cough)

Saw on the TV news this week a story on that...
---
Pediatrician Scott Krugman said it started as a digital distraction for kids with ADHD.
"They're getting their energy out with their hands so they can focus on the teacher," he said.
Now, kids who don't have ADHD decided to start spinning.
http://www.abc2news.com/business/consumer/why-schools-are-banning-fidget-spinners
---
They sure do list a bunch of them for sale at Fastech.

Ron
---
"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death..."- Hunter S. Thompson

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Feel like Eeeyore....

I still use tanks a lot also - cheap ones mainly.

Still a Merlin fanatic - great for working. You wouldn't like it though, because it's never been cloned :giggle:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I still use tanks a lot also - cheap ones mainly.

Still a Merlin fanatic - great for working. You wouldn't like it though, because it's never been cloned :giggle:
Was going to get one but it is over 22mm.
I am a 22mm elitist I guess ;)

actually all my tanks are authentics.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I always use tanks with regulated mods when I'm at work. Just easier, less distracting
I was the same way, mostly tanks when on the road or at work, but all that started to change when I got the first squonk mod.....then the second, third.....
I was still using tanks about 60% of the time but all that changed again when I got the first Nuppin. I'm squonking 95% of the time now, but I'm using the Dripbox2 in TC.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vapin on a STM with bell cap and RBA on a Kbox mini 50W right now.
At a ragin delicious 18 watts.

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
Of the 6 setups I have going right now. 3 are squonkers and other 3 are :1 is StingrayX with Orchid V4, 1 is VTC mini with Serpent mini, and got it in today a Copper Vanilla mech with a Copper Kraken love em all equally. Here is a pic of what I set up today.
FFfTJA7.jpg

SyzWw4a.jpg

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Does anyone know of a good rebuildable I can use on my Pico Squeeze? I'm just not satisfied with the flavor I'm getting from the Coral it came with.

VU Sponsors