Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I recently got a secondhand Hadaly, and it came with a 0.15 ohm fused clapton in it.
I usually vape around 0.5 on a mech, but I had to give it a try - and you know what?
It's pretty good! I don't think it'll become my everyday style, but it's a good change of pace.
Can't do my long slow pulls on it - it's got to be a quicker hit, or it'll get toooo hot and go dry - but it CAN be a good vape.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
wrQwvyK.gif

Progress on my custom squonker has come about.:bliss:

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
LOL, when, pix soon as ya can!
I've got one getting mad too - nothing too crazy...should have a picture soon...
Man, i cant wait to get mine..Wood work is done..just waiting for some button choices and final assembly for approval.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I bought a clone hadaly it didn't vape right. I went outside threw 50 bucks in the trash. It's authentic now and works much better.

The future of vaping?....

Internet forum posters have convinced folks that buying authentic products is...bad :eek:
With no market and profit motivation, new authentic vaping products are not manufactured.
There are no new products to clone.

Having bit themselves severely in the ass, anti authentic buying posters are straining the capacity of hospital emergency rooms worldwide.

During October 2017, Juicy Lucy is appointed FDA Commissioner of Food and Drugs.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For the children!
Have you seen the you tube vid about facial injuries from those demonic spinners. They are also addictive.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahh the CV trick.

1. I took some WD 40 and slowly sprayed in in a 10 ml needle tip dropper bottle to get liquid WD40.
2. cleaned the underside of the switch screw with 400 grit sandpaper also cleaned the switch end of the strap that goes to the 510.
3. wiped down the screw and strap with alcohol and reassembled.
4. After assembly put one drop of WD40 where the screw meets the strap and wiped off a bit of excess.

This is the 5th day so far on this trick and so far has hit every time solid.
I had tried professional electrical grease, and the no ox stuff from lowes, etc Was not impressed.

Step 1 can be skipped and you could use a bit of WD40 on a bit of vaper towell to coat the screw head and strap end.
Just so handy to have it in the needle bottle, good for squeaky cabinet hinges and locks too.
Plus you can precision apply it with less mess and you do not want too much wd40 on your vape as it kinda stinks.
But I notice no odor of it doing it as I did.

I also expect that it would be good on threads and such.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
got a new router about 6 months ago and it has no external antenna but works far longer range than the old one that had 2 external antennas.
Nice to be able to take a break outside and browse the web and such with my Kindle.
got the road cleared enough to get my little Gravely tractor thru there.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The future of vaping?....

Internet forum posters have convinced folks that buying authentic products is...bad :eek:
With no market and profit motivation, new authentic vaping products are not manufactured.
There are no new products to clone.

Having bit themselves severely in the ass, anti authentic buying posters are straining the capacity of hospital emergency rooms worldwide.

During October 2017, Juicy Lucy is appointed FDA Commissioner of Food and Drugs.
Not sure I understand this post or what it's supposed to mean. I'll go get another bottle of mead, maybe by the time I finished it, it will make sense....if I can still see the screen.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
got a new router about 6 months ago and it has no external antenna but works far longer range than the old one that had 2 external antennas.
Nice to be able to take a break outside and browse the web and such with my Kindle.
got the road cleared enough to get my little Gravely tractor thru there.
May I ask, what router, how far does it extends your WiFi range?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
May I ask, what router, how far does it extends your WiFi range?
A cheap router. Of course.

My Net N600.
It pretty much doubled the range. Seems to pass thru walls and such better too.
I am sure there are much better ones out there.
But until I got it i was going to run a net cable to my workshop.
Now I can watch amazon vids on my Kindle out there.

markcfh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A cheap router. Of course.

My Net N600.
It pretty much doubled the range. Seems to pass thru walls and such better too.
I am sure there are much better ones out there.
But until I got it i was going to run a net cable to my workshop.
Now I can watch amazon vids on my Kindle out there.
If you have dual band on, turn it off. 2.4 will go through walls and travel better. I think linksys Wi-Fi extenders will work too, 20$ iirc

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you have dual band on, turn it off. 2.4 will go through walls and travel better. I think linksys Wi-Fi extenders will work too, 20$ iirc

Ahh but some of my devices only use G...

markcfh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahh but some of my devices only use G...
Not sure what that means. If your device uses 5.8ghz on Wi-Fi, it'll use 2.4 also. 5.8 gives better speed, but doesn't travel through walls or distances well.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure what that means. If your device uses 5.8ghz on Wi-Fi, it'll use 2.4 also. 5.8 gives better speed, but doesn't travel through walls or distances well.

Don't remember the frequencies involved.
Just thinking of B,G,N,AC bands.

markcfh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't remember the frequencies involved.
Just thinking of B,G,N,AC bands.
801.... bands. Ya you don't really have to worry about that. The dual band part is only 2 frequencies. I have my 5.8ghz band turned off at home, it was causing connectivity issues due to time outs, because my house's layout. I have no connection issues anymore. With tablets, several laptops and pcs, 2 gaming consoles and combined 5 cells. Now minding that, the pcs and consoles are networked through a gb switch. But my client list is still around 15 devices.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
801.... bands. Ya you don't really have to worry about that. The dual band part is only 2 frequencies. I have my 5.8ghz band turned off at home, it was causing connectivity issues due to time outs, because my house's layout. I have no connection issues anymore. With tablets, several laptops and pcs, 2 gaming consoles and combined 5 cells. Now minding that, the pcs and consoles are networked through a gb switch. But my client list is still around 15 devices.

DARN! You have a data center going on there.
Just me and the wife unit so normally 2 units.
For me except for the added range this router works no better than the last one. At least till the last one started locking up every couple of days, which is why I got a new one.
Plus I just have pretty good DSL not ultra fast.

markcfh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
DARN! You have a data center going on there.
Just me and the wife unit so normally 2 units.
For me except for the added range this router works no better than the last one. At least till the last one started locking up every couple of days, which is why I got a new one.
Plus I just have pretty good DSL not ultra fast.
I do some 'light' networking for my job. It trickled over into my personal setup. I also have very little patientice for slow net. I only spent an afternoon on my current setup. The switches you can buy now are so simple.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do some 'light' networking for my job. It trickled over into my personal setup. I also have very little patientice for slow net. I only spent an afternoon on my current setup. The switches you can buy now are so simple.

Yep switches are cheap. Just have no real need for them.
DSL is the fastest net I can get here.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The service at my house in the boonies blows compared to what I get at my office in town

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's really cool. I'm in Canada, close enough to Toronto to get the good stuff

Lucky dog!

Yeah used to work in the Verizon Data Center in Temple Terrace, FL.
Worked with some of the biggest fastest servers that Sun could make.

VU Sponsors