BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My new baby
Also got doors 14 & 18
670592887d577bb8f659776bc503af6d.jpg
a9732be1edde110baf7306dbbdf39098.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Now you'll need to get more mods, what good is a set of doors without the mod to put them on?:vino:

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, I received the Vandy Vape Mesh rda. Waaay too much air for me, but a decent 24 mm atty. I put a SS mesh thing in it, it looks like an arch. The dry burn want fine, heated nice and even. Stuffed some cotton bacon in the middle and away we go. I should have said that first I had to change the 510 pin with the squonk pin provided. It is pretty decent but it ain't a Nuppin. All in all, not bad but it does heat up so a longer DT (not the short delrin or ultem DTs provided) would be better. It does have a 510 DT adapter included.

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So, I received the Vandy Vape Mesh rda. Waaay too much air for me, but a decent 24 mm atty. I put a SS mesh thing in it, it looks like an arch. The dry burn want fine, heated nice and even. Stuffed some cotton bacon in the middle and away we go. I should have said that first I had to change the 510 pin with the squonk pin provided. It is pretty decent but it ain't a Nuppin. All in all, not bad but it does heat up so a longer DT (not the short delrin or ultem DTs provided) would be better. It does have a 510 DT adapter included.
So.. 9ver hyper then?

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So.. 9ver hyper then?
If you like lots of air, it would be good, flavor is pretty good even with my quick and dirty mesh coil. I have yet to play with single and dual coils configurations but I think it would be a good, inexpensive second string atty. The one thing they missed on was the concave bottom for better drainage.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thinking of selling my Orca, probably include the Pulse 22 stainless and its goodies and a YFTK bottle with it...just dislike the button...maybe I'll modify it for a larger button first then decide... vapes perfectly fine...just that tiny button lol

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you like lots of air, it would be good, flavor is pretty good even with my quick and dirty mesh coil. I have yet to play with single and dual coils configurations but I think it would be a good, inexpensive second string atty. The one thing they missed on was the concave bottom for better drainage.
Well the cotton directly over the pin. So Idk how you'll be able to over drip really, but I see your point. I just don't think my wraith will be able to hold up the power for the mesh. Because I saw some reviews and they said it's like a. 14 ohms ish. And that's for 8p+ wattage roughly..

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Today was a good day,my little Orca finally made it here haha.As soon as it arrived,i had to stop what i doing so i could go cut some contacts and get it up and running.I love this little mod,now i really can't wait for my black one to get here.
ljmC54T.jpg

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well the cotton directly over the pin. So Idk how you'll be able to over drip really, but I see your point. I just don't think my wraith will be able to hold up the power for the mesh. Because I saw some reviews and they said it's like a. 14 ohms ish. And that's for 8p+ wattage roughly..
I never looked at any reviews, so I didn't know! I used a strip of SS mesh #500 ? I think, it ohms out at 0.32 ohms. In TC at 490 deg. F, and 41 watts. I think the Wraith could handle it.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
15047501232501304289798.jpg 1504750154647-844343605.jpg Maybe in power mode would work better. My Wrait is acting wonky soI couldn't really try things out for you, but at least you see what it looks like....:vino:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my Wasp Nano yesterday. Is pretty good.
Put a spaced parallel 24 ga .25 coil in and it vapes pretty good.
The airflow wide open is how I like it.
Not run out and scream how good it is to the sky but pretty good.
Well worth the money.
Might order a couple more.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my Wasp Nano yesterday. Is pretty good.
Put a spaced parallel 24 ga .25 coil in and it vapes pretty good.
The airflow wide open is how I like it.
Not run out and scream how good it is to the sky but pretty good.
Well worth the money.
Might order a couple more.
Since you like "wide open spaces" type of air, you might consider the Mesh from Vandy Vapes. It is a versatile rda.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Brewski - is the bottle on the Therion the same as the one on the Drone?

And can you easily use an aftermarket bottle like a silkie?
Since I didn't know any better, I put one of the YFTK soft silicone bottles in both Therions. They work well.
From what I've read, they use the same bottle.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Now you'll need to get more mods, what good is a set of doors without the mod to put them on?:vino:
True lol I just want to be able to switch between them. Dang mod cost me way to much to be buying another one right off.

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey Brewski - is the bottle on the Therion the same as the one on the Drone?

And can you easily use an aftermarket bottle like a silkie?
It looks like they changed to silicone squishy bottles on the Therion BF 75C.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone have a Floris Little Orca door they would trade me for a red fluoro one? It's a little too orange for my taste

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did that but when I go to take atty off every thing comes with it lol

Don't drip and drive SQUONK
I've had that happen a few times,just gotta try and get the nut cranked down as tight as you can,then hold the nut with pliers or whatever while you take the atty off.Fat Daddy sells a 510 install tool,but i found it to be a pain in the ass.It worked good until i tried to take it out of the 510,it didn't want to back out at all.

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yea I'm try lock washer. I got a tlf from shapways and I thought my orca was tiny. It has little tabs and stuff inside that might break so I have to be careful lol

Lay a piece of tape across the top of the device and over the 510 plate. Wide tape that covers the whole thing works best. Tighten the 510 nut while holding your thumb over the taped plate. It will hold it well enough until you can get it tight.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yea I'm try lock washer. I got a tlf from shapways and I thought my orca was tiny. It has little tabs and stuff inside that might break so I have to be careful lol

Don't forget to dry fit the orientation you want your RDA to sit in the 510...then do what Saint said...would hate for you to get it all tight then do a "Fuck Me" moment after you slap an RDA on. ;)

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
This thing scares me, am I just being paranoid? Mech squonkers only for me fyi
b0202d235bfc2061f66c647b16356c33.jpg
bb8a95b6a5cfd54fe340cd7aa05b2095.jpg

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Has it been talking shit? I think you could take it man....

If you're concerned for the length of the pin, seems fine to me...
Yeah it's the length lol I like seeing them longer with the insulator sticking out.
For the record I already slapped it around a little bit, but felt bad because it's so small.
e6895280fe5d0c5c75725473abfcf7fe.jpg

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The other one, not the pulse right?

Both of them are fine to vape on a squonk box IMHO. The only time you REALLY need to worry about the pin protrusion is when it comes to using hybrid mechs.
Mech squonkers always have a 510 connector to go between the atty and your battery. Hybrid 510 connectors are just threading and your atty makes direct contact with the battery.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey everyone just a heads up. Van Box Mods list goes up Saturday morning for single 20700 alumide squonks. Silver contacts, MM 510. The best part? $107 shipped. He wants $35 deposit up front and the rest upon completion of your mod. I wish I wasn't so damn broke!! I do have another SXK BB DNA 60 to sell....

EDIT: Another cool feature is that you can get your choice of his logo (classy, small, not flashy), a swirl pattern, maze pattern, a Game of Thrones theme, a Boba Fett theme, or no graphics at all. I believe he'll do color combos as well.

Last edited:

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, but did you get a Mesh yet?
I don't wanna talk about it lol...

I am waffling hard on the mesh. I bought the Ceto, and like it well enough, but do not have a mod that works well with it. The Wraith limos along, but is really underpowered for it, and it looks wrong on the Dripboxes. The other regulated squonker is a 60 watt... I need, but do not like, the Drone. I need, but cannot find (or afford) the Halcyon. I would consider a GeekVape S100, but they were discontinued, too.

So, with that in mind, I have put off ordering the Mesh... until I have a mod that will push it properly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How long you had that Wraith and does it have any issues?
No more than six (maybe seven) months. I put a freshly charged battery in it, fire it four, sometimes five times, it shows (and acts as if) there is one power line, the battery is discharged. I'd call that wonky! I'm much happier with the Therions and even the DB2s

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't wanna talk about it lol...

I am waffling hard on the mesh. I bought the Ceto, and like it well enough, but do not have a mod that works well with it. The Wraith limos along, but is really underpowered for it, and it looks wrong on the Dripboxes. The other regulated squonker is a 60 watt... I need, but do not like, the Drone. I need, but cannot find (or afford) the Halcyon. I would consider a GeekVape S100, but they were discontinued, too.

So, with that in mind, I have put off ordering the Mesh... until I have a mod that will push it properly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
It works well enough on the Therion!

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Naah. Too lazy to fool with mesh.
Just simple round wire builds. Do not even do claptons.

And the air on the Wasp is just right, no more air than that for me.
?Huh?
You must be thinking of a different RDA.
The Vandy Vape Mesh RDA looks super easy to use especially when using mesh.
You are basically just going to make an arc/arch.
Think of the letter (U) but upside down.No twisting coiling spinning crazy crap.
Hell if yours truly is saying it looks easy then pay attention.

Vandy_Vape_Mesh_RDA_Tank02.jpg

VU Sponsors