Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welp folks, I usually dry burn and rewick my coils on Saturday night - and I'm still gonna try.

However, all I can think about is the Entheons and Flave 22 enroute to me early next week and it makes me not want to mess with what I already have - even if it is mostly top of the line :crazy:

I'm just trying to hold myself with both hands from ordering one of those Berserker tanks until AFTER my CC's statement has posted and I make the payment, then wait for THAT to post... so something like 2 wks? GRRRRRRRR! I tried out the one my son just got, and that puppy is TIGHT! Great vape for those of us of the tootle puffer persuasion. :D He got a black one, but I think I'll get stainless; I have only one all-black mod -- plus the wrapped black iPV Mini -- so the stainless would suit a lot more of my various mods. It's really a sweet tank. :)

Andria

Pevinsghost

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Yeah, the one in the photo isn't mine, but I do have one. I didn't like it at all. I tried several builds on it, but admittedly gave up pretty quickly - I have so many other toppers that I love, I just didn't want to waste any more time beating it into submission. It didn't squonk very well for me, the flavor was lacking, and the airflow never felt right. So into the drawer it went.

Thanks for the insight.

Do you use the same user name on Reddit by any chance @BrandonRawks ?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm just trying to hold myself with both hands from ordering one of those Berserker tanks until AFTER my CC's statement has posted and I make the payment, then wait for THAT to post... so something like 2 wks? GRRRRRRRR! I tried out the one my son just got, and that puppy is TIGHT! Great vape for those of us of the tootle puffer persuasion. :D He got a black one, but I think I'll get stainless; I have only one all-black mod -- plus the wrapped black iPV Mini -- so the stainless would suit a lot more of my various mods. It's really a sweet tank. :)

Andria

You win. Potential vape mail is worse than waiting for actual vape mail :giggle:

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welp folks, I usually dry burn and rewick my coils on Saturday night - and I'm still gonna try.

However, all I can think about is the Entheons and Flave 22 enroute to me early next week and it makes me not want to mess with what I already have - even if it is mostly top of the line :crazy:

I have high hopes for the Flave 22, never tried the 24 but was looking for a nice single coil atty. Now the wait for shipping game starts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pevinsghost

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Is there an island for misfit attys?
If there is, I have an Aqua V2 that needs to go there.

Every time I start thinking "I've got more build experience, maybe I can make it work..." It ends up the same.

It's like a Taylor Swift romance. A half second of the most unimaginable pure flavor, followed by continuous non stop dry hits from hell.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You win. Potential vape mail is worse than waiting for actual vape mail :giggle:

Well, the benefit of waiting (other than less interest on the current statement) is that now MyVaporStore has them, and I've bought quite often from MVS, I know them well; nothing against elementvape, but I've never ordered from them. And the price is only 4 cents higher at MVS, 29.99 instead of 29.95. :D

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Well, the benefit of waiting (other than less interest on the current statement) is that now MyVaporStore has them, and I've bought quite often from MVS, I know them well; nothing against elementvape, but I've never ordered from them. And the price is only 4 cents higher at MVS, 29.99 instead of 29.95. :D

Andria

Element vape is just fine - I've ordered from them at least three times, including twice this year

I like them a little more the MVS, but I can't remember why :giggle:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Element vape is just fine - I've ordered from them at least three times, including twice this year

I like them a little more the MVS, but I can't remember why :giggle:

Quicker response time? That's been my only gripe with MVS, they take 2-3 days just to process the order, sometimes longer. My son's shipped out right away (from element), but the ONLY shipping they offer is the 'spensive kind, 2 day priority (AS IF!) for $6.80. That's a bit high. I'm *usually* patient enough to settle for plain ol first class.

Andria

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My juice is too gunky; that's why I stopped using my old UDCT and went back to my Kayfuns, after using that UDCT for about 4 months or so. Only a rebuildable can cope with "the strawberry & cream gunk monster." :giggle: I've gotten it down to just under 25% flavoring, so I can just about deal with a tank again, instead of always needing to use an RDA, but it's still a gunk monster. It's gotta be that shisha strawberry, since it's organic-derived.

Andria
25% flavoring wait that can't be right.Most DYI recipes call for 6% maximum that I've seen.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
25% flavoring wait that can't be right.Most DYI recipes call for 6% maximum that I've seen.

Do-Yourself-In recipes? Well, did you read where other people's recipes have never suited me at all, because I can't fucking taste them? I can TASTE 25% flavoring, not just smell it. I started it at 31%, or evern 31.5%, when I first started making it, so I could taste it! Learned that from "BillsMagicVapor" over at ECF, in the TFA thread.

Andria

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for taking the time to reply, so its basically to ensure products are not flipped.

Personally I feel like the Psyclone mods/528 Customs model is the best way of doing things from a consumer perspective, design the RDA in home country and then outsource the production to China.

Although the end product maybe of slightly lesser quality, it eliminates most of the availability issues and gets the product into customers hands at a much more reasonable cost.

Maybe even utilise both methods similar to Dr Martens shoes/boots... offer both a handmade local product of the finest quality sold at a premium as well as a mass produced outsourced version at a much lower cost, thus taking the profits away from clone companies.
Lucchese does this as well.
Their handmade boots can cost upwards into the multi-thousand dollar range.But they also have mass produced boots as well.Which are still pretty expensive.But won't set you back a whole mortgage payment.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Quicker response time? That's been my only gripe with MVS, they take 2-3 days just to process the order, sometimes longer. My son's shipped out right away (from element), but the ONLY shipping they offer is the 'spensive kind, 2 day priority (AS IF!) for $6.80. That's a bit high. I'm *usually* patient enough to settle for plain ol first class.

Andria

Waayyy faster - and $50 will get you free shipping at Element, it's $75 with MVS

Now I remember. Those guys at MVS have really pissed me off in the past

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is the maze v3 we're talking about here... Nothing like the one included with inbox. https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...entic-hcigar-maze-v3-rda-rebuildable-dripping
Nice but now I feel slightly confused.
Can you explain this?

7471901-4.jpg

^^^ ??? DAFUQ ??? ^^^

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Waayyy faster - and $50 will get you free shipping at Element, it's $75 with MVS

Now I remember. Those guys at MVS have really pissed me off in the past

Hmm good points. Do you know if they have vape bands at element? I'm looking thru their enormous Accessories category, but can't find any. They do have them at MVS. I need a couple more, if I'm gonna be sporting a glass tank again, rather than titanium. I still may take the titanium when I leave the house!

Andria

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Andria
I was thinking about getting 1 of those but the deck looks minuscule.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Please do a comparison review to the Hadaly after you've had it for a while.

I am also semi anxious to get my Flave 22 in...

I rewicked earlier, but it's only 2 attys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was thinking about getting 1 of those but the deck looks minuscule.

Hmmm... I'd say roughly similar to a Kayfun (Lite Plus, they're the only ones i know well). Wicking is very different though; with a KFL+, you do best with a slim wick just touching the ledges; the Berserker needs a big pouf of wicking in the little cavities, or it will leak -- my son learned this when he first tried setting it up. I wonder if I frothed at the mouth that much when I first started doing this shit. :D Probably. So I let him rant for a minute, and when he paused to draw breath, i said I'd check it out, and we watched a video for it. Not difficult, just different. :D

Andria

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Andria
Wait what you getting I've lost track again.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do-Yourself-In recipes? Well, did you read where other people's recipes have never suited me at all, because I can't fucking taste them? I can TASTE 25% flavoring, not just smell it. I started it at 31%, or evern 31.5%, when I first started making it, so I could taste it! Learned that from "BillsMagicVapor" over at ECF, in the TFA thread.

Andria
Whoa I think it is time I asked a question or two.
Did you damage your palate?
Did you damage your tongue?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Whoa I think it is time I asked a question or two.
Did you damage your palate?
Did you damage your tongue?

39 years of smoking. Some of those years, 3.5pks a day. And about 13 yrs of drinking too, many of those years drinking such delights as gin, B&B, and in later years, tequila. And none of that wussy salt and lime either; just a beer back. :D

Andria

And don't forget, I vape at about 9.5w most of the time, 10w occasionally.

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Nice but now I feel slightly confused.
Can you explain this?

^^^ ??? DAFUQ ??? ^^^

It's the same airflow of the Aeronaut. Super fiddly.

I personally liked the Maze V1. It was basically the Low Pro but not a pain in the ass to build and it looked nice with the filigree engraving

Pevinsghost

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

I personally liked the Maze V1. It was basically the Low Pro but not a pain in the ass to build and it looked nice with the filigree engraving
I have the V2. The Ultem cap is nice. The airflow is too far out towards the edges of the deck. Not horrible for a dual coil though.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Aha! I didn't like the LowPro either :p

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmm... I'd say roughly similar to a Kayfun (Lite Plus, they're the only ones i know well). Wicking is very different though; with a KFL+, you do best with a slim wick just touching the ledges; the Berserker needs a big pouf of wicking in the little cavities, or it will leak -- my son learned this when he first tried setting it up. I wonder if I frothed at the mouth that much when I first started doing this shit. :D Probably. So I let him rant for a minute, and when he paused to draw breath, i said I'd check it out, and we watched a video for it. Not difficult, just different. :D

Andria
It is interesting you mention the Kayfun.I still have 1 on my shelf that I bought but never used.After getting the damn thing I looked at the deck I said to myself "FUCK THIS!"
The very next day I ordered my very first sub-ohm tank a Kanger TopTank if I recall.
I've been a tank guy ever since.
But what with all these easy to use RDA's coming out in the last year or so it has rekindled an interest possibly getting an RDA again.
Things like the Hadaly & the Mesh RDA.
Add to that there are better pre-built coils.Like these below.

K-MCRW50-2.jpg

Gives me tons of hope.
Add in the ease of squonking which eliminates the need to drip down a tiny freaking hole or remove the cap every third damn hit.Yeah I'm thinking of long term solutions to my issues here.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It is interesting you mention the Kayfun.I still have 1 on my shelf that I bought but never used.After getting the damn thing I looked at the deck I said to myself "FUCK THIS!"
The very next day I ordered my very first sub-ohm tank a Kanger TopTank if I recall.
But what with all these easy to use RDA's coming out in the last year or so it has rekindled an interest possibly getting an RDA again.

K-MCRW50-2.jpg

Gives me tons of hope.
Add in the ease of squonking which eliminates the need to drip down a tiny freaking hole or remove the cap every third damn hit.Yeah I'm thinking of long term solutions to my issues here.

The only coil bldg that I ever found really hard, was the tiny clearos I first started on, the T3S and Protank heads; tiny bastards use 5 wraps of 32ga wire around a 5/64 drillbit, and 5/64 is damn near impossible to get a bit of silica through. Once I got a kayfun, I was like, eh, piece of cake. The Achilles head is VERY similar to the KFL+'s, except the posts are raised, above the tall airhole-stack, so it takes very long wicks, for the deep well -- but the screws are a bit larger than a KFL+'s, and ever so slightly spaced a bit wider, so there's a bit more room to work. Lately I've been teaching my son, using the kayfun's, and he coiled up his Berserker all on his own, but needed some coaching on the wicking. We're thinking it might be a bit too thick thru the coil, so need to get a bit creative with wick preparation. I've always thought that's the most challenging aspect of all of this, getting just that RIGHT amount of wick.

I switched to coil building when I was buying 5 T3S heads for $6, and considered THAT much too expensive. Never going back to replaceable coils. Mine aren't fancy, but they work great for my tootle puffer needs. :D 2 ohms, 9 wraps of 29ga around 3/32. Perfecto! :giggle:

Andria

C3scott

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

K-MCRW50-2.jpg

Gives me tons of hope.
Bought some of those pre made coils. I just like to wrap my own I think. Just gonna buy ss Clapton wire for a while and wrap.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The only coil bldg that I ever found really hard, was the tiny clearos I first started on, the T3S and Protank heads; tiny bastards use 5 wraps of 32ga wire around a 5/64 drillbit, and 5/64 is damn near impossible to get a bit of silica through. Once I got a kayfun, I was like, eh, piece of cake. The Achilles head is VERY similar to the KFL+'s, except the posts are raised, above the tall airhole-stack, so it takes very long wicks, for the deep well -- but the screws are a bit larger than a KFL+'s, and ever so slightly spaced a bit wider, so there's a bit more room to work. Lately I've been teaching my son, using the kayfun's, and he coiled up his Berserker all on his own, but needed some coaching on the wicking. We're thinking it might be a bit too thick thru the coil, so need to get a bit creative with wick preparation. I've always thought that's the most challenging aspect of all of this, getting just that RIGHT amount of wick.

I switched to coil building when I was buying 5 T3S heads for $6, and considered THAT much too expensive. Never going back to replaceable coils. Mine aren't fancy, but they work great for my tootle puffer needs. :D 2 ohms, 9 wraps of 29ga around 3/32. Perfecto! :giggle:

Andria
I never got into rebuilding clearomizers.When I started they were dirt cheap.At around $2 - $3 each and they lasted about a couple weeks.Plus I was still dual using.Smoking and Vaping for the first month or so.So I just didn't see the damn point.

I've always gone by the tight but not stuck method of wicking.I've always used cotton though vaping that silica shit was a no go for me.I pulled that crap out and replaced it with cotton.That was easy enough to do.

I'd have to use pre-made coils as wrapping a coil even a simple coil is where I'm going to run into problems.The nerve damage to my hands is quite severe.And getting surgery is out of the question as it wouldn't help me in the slightest.As I've had several conversations with various doctors about it over the last few years.
It has never been about being to lazy or not knowing how.
I know how and I have done it.But alas the pain it causes my hands and the fits of shaking in my hands prevents me from doing so even in the slightest.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I never got into rebuilding clearomizers.When I started they were dirt cheap.At around $2 - $3 each and they lasted about a couple weeks.Plus I was still dual using.Smoking and Vaping for the first month or so.So I just didn't see the damn point.

I've always gone by the tight but not stuck method of wicking.I've always used cotton though vaping that silica shit was a no go for me.I pulled that crap out and replaced it with cotton.That was easy enough to do.

I'd have to use pre-made coils as wrapping a coil even a simple coil is where I'm going to run into problems.The nerve damage to my hands is quite severe.And getting surgery is out of the question as it wouldn't help me in the slightest.As I've had several conversations with various doctors about it over the last few years.
It has never been about being to lazy or not knowing how.
I know how and I have done it.But alas the pain it causes my hands and the fits of shaking in my hands prevents me from doing so even in the slightest.

This is one reason why sometimes I do my son's coils for him; he takes a medication that makes him shake terribly, and sometimes it makes doing anything to the coils impossible, though he can manage to refill them -- the top-filling of the Berserker makes that very easy for him, and I might see how a kayfun v3 mini suits him, since it's also top-fill.

Andria

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lucchese does this as well.
Their handmade boots can cost upwards into the multi-thousand dollar range.But they also have mass produced boots as well.Which are still pretty expensive.But won't set you back a whole mortgage payment.
I know what you mean.....and I didn't get the mass produced ones.

Pevinsghost

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I do indeed! Now I recognize your name. I thought it rang a bell. We've interacted a few times over there too. Good to see you over here!
Nice thing about using the name of a minor character of an old not popular fantasy series. It's never already taken. :)

I was pasting the same list over and over again on Reddit. I ended up realizing for things that can change, I needed to link to a dynamic list and thought a VU thread would be better than a Google sheet. So here I am.

I only ever left ECF because of mods running out of control, so this seems nice.

I seem to have stepped in some drama, but it also appears to be passing. Hope no one leaves over some disagreement. :(

I've seen some of your recommendations on Reddit. Gives me context, which is why I wanted to make sure I wasn't mixing people up.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Whelp, no Haku for me this time but considering it's only my second try I'm not salty about it. Hope our friends here had some luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok a crappatalk question I got new phone logged in and all is fine EXCEPT I get no notifications checked and looks like they are opted on.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Vaping on my Dripbox2 with a Wasp Nano on top.
Nice vape.
.22 25 ga spaced parallel coil at 25 watts.
A nice cool and flavorful vape.
Where did you buy yours from? I'm unsure which site is the best to use as I haven't used any of then before. Fasttech, 3fvape, heavengifts, etc.

VU Sponsors