Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am just a battery Luddite as far as diameter is concerned and the same with attys. Only 22 mm attys.
Just takes less than a minute to swap out a battery in most mods and I lke the smaller size and less weight aspect of 18650 vs 21700's and such.
Never got into the 26650 either.

I am waiting on a 40 amp 4000 mah 18350 :)

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I am just a battery Luddite as far as diameter is concerned and the same with attys. Only 22 mm attys.
Just takes less than a minute to swap out a battery in most mods and I lke the smaller size and less weight aspect of 18650 vs 21700's and such.

Yeah, it will take a lot for me to jump to anything else, even just one mod

The convenience of being able to use any of my batteries in any single-cell mod is simple. Anything else would over-complicate

It's why I rarely use my double-cell mods. Too much hassle to worry about married batteries to do it on a regular basis

Just easier to swap out single cells more frequently than keeping track of married batteries on the fly

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just not worth it to me for maybe 25% more run time per charge.
And as Lucy sez the inventory issues....
My inventory is pretty simple.
4 pairs of HG2's for dual battery mods.
8 25R's for my mechs.
8 single HG2's for single use.

Could use the HG2's for my mechs but the 25R's have a bit less voltage sag.

Pevinsghost

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Yeah, it will take a lot for me to jump to anything else, even just one mod

The convenience of being able to use any of my batteries in any single-cell mod is simple. Anything else would over-complicate

It's why I rarely use my double-cell mods. Too much hassle to worry about married batteries to do it on a regular basis

Just easier to swap out single cells more frequently than keeping track of married batteries on the fly
But then you don't get to come up with fun names to sharpie on!

Bonnie and Clyde are my heavy hitters, I may have to replace them soon though, they're starting to show their age. But George and Gracie just keep on trucking.

I've got Larry, Shemp, and Moe in the Reauleux now.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I just put A B C D, etc on my paired batteries.
Less thought required. Have to save all the thought credits that I can.

Mine are marked also, but when out and about, I like to carry one four-cell case of fresh bats and one empty case of a different color to put spent batteries in

Very simple, effective system

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine are marked also, but when out and about, I like to carry one four-cell case of fresh bats and one empty case of a different color to put spent batteries in

Very simple, effective system
I just turn the batteries the other way. Positive on left = charged, on right = needs charging.

also 2 of the filled Dripbox juice bottles will fit in an 18650 2 battery case.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Curiosity got me....I actually had to weigh my VTC5As and my iJoy 20700... I can feel the size difference, but couldn't really discern the weight difference...I mean its bigger so one would know it should weigh more.

8grams or just a smidgen over 1/4 oz.

or in easier terms... an actual quarter and a dime in weight ;)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Curiosity got me....I actually had to weigh my VTC5As and my iJoy 20700... I can feel the size difference, but couldn't really discern the weight difference...I mean its bigger so one would know it should weigh more.

8grams or just a smidgen over 1/4 oz.

or in easier terms... an actual quarter and a dime in weight ;)
But the difference in weght and size of the mod that holds them?

We need 20350's so we can stack them in place of a 20700.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
But then you don't get to come up with fun names to sharpie on!

Bonnie and Clyde are my heavy hitters, I may have to replace them soon though, they're starting to show their age. But George and Gracie just keep on trucking.

I've got Larry, Shemp, and Moe in the Reauleux now.

I name my pairs, but it doesn't make them any less hassle to carry that many around

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm really leaning toward getting a Therion 75w squonker with my birthday money. Any thoughts pro or con? I do have the Therion 166, which I like a lot but of course it doesn't squonk.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm really leaning toward getting a Therion 75w squonker with my birthday money. Any thoughts pro or con? I do have the Therion 166, which I like a lot but of course it doesn't squonk.

I have put in and taken that thing in and out of shopping carts on several sights since it was put up for presale, lol

I don't like the cover dealie for battery placement, but guess it could be livable if you have to have a single battery DNA squonker

Almost every other regulated single battery regulated squonker out there is lacking in one department or another and most are flat out junk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have put in and taken that thing in and out of shopping carts on several sights since it was put up for presale, lol

I don't like the cover dealie for battery placement, but guess it could be livable if you have to have a single battery DNA squonker

Almost every other regulated single battery regulated squonker out there is lacking in one department or another and most are flat out junk
Only saving grace on the battery being behind the bottle is that when the battery dies you prolly want to put more juice in the bottle?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Only saving grace on the battery being behind the bottle is that when the battery dies you prolly want to put more juice in the bottle?

I generally do - but don't always have time if I'm out of town, which is about the only time I like to use a regulated squonker

raineysky

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been running the bastard looking black Inbox VT75 and a clone SVA Kimech. Battery life is great with both of them. Can't say enough good things about the Kimech.

Last edited:

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have the single-battery Inbox as well, and I love it. It's paired with a Druga, which I also love. :D

So... that's a no on the Therion?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I have the single-battery Inbox as well, and I love it. It's paired with a Druga, which I also love. :D

So... that's a no on the Therion?

Without having actually tried it myself yet - I'm giving it a cautious yes

Love my Therion 250

Didn't like Lost Vape Drone - but that was goofy bottle placement, the actual mod itself is very nice

The number one reason I have not bought a Therion 75C squonker is: not sure I need squonk mod number 42 in my possession :facepalm:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I generally do - but don't always have time if I'm out of town, which is about the only time I like to use a regulated squonker
Too bad it does not have bottles with caps like Kanger you could just carry a filled bottle in the case with a battery.

the kanger bottle stopper and easy change system is the best part of the Kanger squonkers.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's part of my dilemma. Do I really need another mod, squonker or otherwise? Probably not. Don't have any idea what else to get, though. lol
One of those fancy battery chargers that charge at up to 3 amps on all 4 bays, has bluetooth and will tell you your battery internal resistance?
Lots of DIY stuff?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
That's part of my dilemma. Do I really need another mod, squonker or otherwise? Probably not. Don't have any idea what else to get, though. lol

My best guess is that the Therion 75C would make an excellent birthday present - in fact, was thinking about giving one to my cousin for her bday next week :)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think that AWT has taken the bogus rewrap lead from Efest.
Their latest from mooch.
A 19 amp VTC6 rewrap labelled as 50 Amp.

Might what that 150W single battery squonker has to use?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Either that, or dealing or pimping!
Doctors had such had them first.
When the pimps got them it was downhill from there.
Kinda like when a Cheaplitist like me gets to squonking?

Actually I was an early pager wearer since I had a critical job in the phone company and they had the pagers.
Everyone thought I was a doctor. Had to deliver 6 babies because of that darned pager....

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The very first post in this thread says that Squonkers will take over the world?
That kinds dooms elitism in squonking.
But...
Squonking is GREAT!
And even better when more can afford it.
The increase in availability of cheap squonkers helps in the taking over the world thing.

Pevinsghost

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I think that AWT has taken the bogus rewrap lead from Efest.
Their latest from mooch.
A 19 amp VTC6 rewrap labelled as 50 Amp.

Might what that 150W single battery squonker has to use?
I just ran across someone online with the "30A" AWT's and had to break it to him they're 10A rewraps. At least I was able to point him to some good European battery vendors so he could stop over paying for garbage.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just ran across someone online with the "30A" AWT's and had to break it to him they're 10A rewraps. At least I was able to point him to some good European battery vendors so he could stop over paying for garbage.
My advise to anyone right now is NEVER buy AWT.
Same Advise that Mooch is giving after 3 successive highly overrated AWT battery tests.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh don't I know it, I cut my squonk teeth on a Kangxin Inoy when it and the Geyscano were all China was offering.
I am currently rebuilding a Geyscano that I got for I think $15 maybe $17?
Replaced 510 and now replacing some defective wiring and fixing bad solder connections.
I could not vape with mine for the harsh metal taste from the unplated brass 510 pin.
it quit about the same time I gave up on it.

FT has the V2 for $58 with a 3d printed door!
Better jump on it :)

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I don't really mind the 24mm and 25mm attys, all my CF4s are fat enough at the point where the atty goes, there's no overhang. And I wouldn't pass up a good excuse to buy a 2 battery mod. ;) But I have no plans to change battery sizes either; I've got 10 18650s, and will get more as the ones I've got get older; different sized ones just complicate things unnecessarily.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Fixed that to reflect my morning thus far ;) lol

TMI?

LOL Rest of my day matched your morning. Had to get her Jeep repaired then inspected. The speedometer was not functioning. Mechanic wound up needing to pull a minor jerry rigging. Some reason the new Jeeps have three speed sensors, two on the trasmision and one over the rear differential. Well the rear one was what we thought needed, the part she got was for the transmission sensor/s and did not fix the problem. He wound up pig tailing the one over the differential, fixed it right away. *smh* Damn computers in cars & trucks, ought to be illegal.

Last edited:

Pevinsghost

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
The Halcyon - and was god awful expensive and had poor battery performance
I picked one up when they went on clearance. The battery life is terrible at 100+ watt. It outlasts a single HG2 considerably at 80W or less. That's what both my experience and Mooch's testing of the pack show anyway.

The people coming from RX and other triple battery devices were just used to blasting 200W and their batteries lasting all day.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
L

LOL Rest of my day matched your morning. Had to get her Jeep repaired then inspected. The speedometer was not functioning. Mechanic wound up needing to pull a minor jerry rigging. Some reason the new Jeeps have three speed sensors, two on the trasmision and one over the rear differential. Well the rear one was what we thought needed, the part she got was for the transmission sensor/s and did not fix the problem. He wound up pig tailing the one over the differential, fixed it right away. *smh* Damn computers in cars & trucks, ought to be illegal.
The more complicated something is the more things to go wrong.
Also Jeep is notorious for bad underbody wire connectors.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I picked one up when they went on clearance. The battery life is terrible at 100+ watt. It outlasts a single HG2 considerably at 80W or less. That's what both my experience and Mooch's testing of the pack show anyway.

The people coming from RX and other triple battery devices were just used to blasting 200W and their batteries lasting all day.
I don't think Lucy is a Power Clowdz gal.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was using the Sigelei Fuchai 213 Plus as a work mod before squonking entered my life. Decent mod but slick as shit. Still have it.

I've got 4 sigelei minibooks that I fucking love to DEATH. My favorite mods, bar none. Their size, shape, and the cool book-opening battery door are just fucking perfect, and their enameling is also better than a fucking CAR's! Not a single ding or scratch on ANY of 'em, not even the most gorgeous, the red, my first and favorite :)

Another Sigelei mod was my very first "real mod," the Zmax flat-top -- it still works as well as when it was new in early 2014, and I have another just like it, as a "backup - insurance" mod -- I don't really enjoy tube mods anymore, but the 15w wouldn't be a problem, since I vape around 9.5w. :D

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah need to do some firewood but those days are about over for me.
Just too physically decrepit.

Not sure we can run clear your end of the holler otherwise, I'd tell you to be watching for a red Ford pickup loaded down. That might strike the FIL as a bit too far out of the way to help out. He recently let two loads go to someone for $90. It was a good mix of the oak we're currently in and some of the poplar we had from year before. He thought he let it go too cheap, we kind of did as well but that's on him to figure. A single load of just oak has been drawing about $125 up our way. And the truckloads they sell for that are not anywhere near the 'truckloads' we sell or give away.

VU Sponsors