Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Depends on perspective, from mine not really. I think everyone visiting here is aware of various aspects of living. If not it's not my problem to solve but theirs.

ETA: Shorter version: I'm simply going to stop posting as much as I've done. There seems a palpable sentiment of dislike, possibly hate present. It prods at whatever I do put here, feigning not understanding humor, or clear communication. Why ought I bother at that point?

Yay, I vape. So what? That's fairly much the extent of it. I don't need to keep engaged here, or any vaping forum, any forum really.

Shorter still, stupidity creates silence of genius, thank you and have a good one.
!!! PLEASE STAY !!!

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I'm pleased to find that I was worried over nothing; although it gave me a little static at first, it finally DID update the resistance for the new atty, so apparently it's long enough -- I guess the Magma on it originally just has a short 510 or something.

I'm also VERY pleased to find that the draw on the Strike 18 is AMAZING! If anything, on the very tiniest airhole, it's even tighter than the Achilles! Which I certainly don't mind a bit! :) :) :)

I was displeased to find that it arrived with straight rather than phillips head screws for the coil... but I rummaged thru my chest full of atomizer this-n-that and was able to find a couple of phillips that fit the threading, so that issue is fixed. Still breaking in the new coil/wick, so it's difficult to say just yet about the flavor, but so far, it SEEMS not too bad -- one of the best things about very-restricted airflow, the great flavor!

It looks pretty cool -- that petite atty on the huge DB160, it kinda looks like one of those cool all-in-one dealies. :D

View attachment 93760

So, though the jury is still out on flavor, so far I am very happy with my Strike 18. :D And still struck dumfounded by how fast it got here!

Andria
So glad you got a good setup that works for you...Cheers!

Wicked Gene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
USPS at it's finest!
I ordered some new batteries from my battery guy (just outside of Atlanta) I live about an hour north of Jacksonville Fl.
Ok, so batteries left Atlanta and traveled to Jacksonville which is usual then they normally come to Brunswick which is where I live, but no. They have now gone further south to Orlando. And they wonder why they are losing money. SMDH

Sent from planet Krypton

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
I've read that too, I don't have issues with mine and since I bought it used here the previous owner must not have either.
The battery door is not the best design but I've found that if you close it by holding both sides when pushing it up into place it's fine.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Somethings I'm still slightly concerned about when it comes to squonking.

1) Spitback
2) Over Squonking thus flooding and leaking
3) Dry Hits

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Council of Vapor Wraith 80w is on sale for 29.99 at ecig-city.
It's an excellent choice to get started with.
https://ecig-city.com/products/council-vapor-wraith-80w

I had three of them. Right after I traded one, the frame that holds the door started coming loose from the bottom of both mods - and neither had seem heavy use or gone through even a fraction of what my daily drivers do

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
USPS at it's finest!
I ordered some new batteries from my battery guy (just outside of Atlanta) I live about an hour north of Jacksonville Fl.
Ok, so batteries left Atlanta and traveled to Jacksonville which is usual then they normally come to Brunswick which is where I live, but no. They have now gone further south to Orlando. And they wonder why they are losing money. SMDH

Sent from planet Krypton

Let me know where they are! I’m at Disney on my honeymoon haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

1) Spitback
3) Dry Hits
It depends a lot on your RDA and build. Spitback is not as bad if the rda has a flat or slightly concave bottom and the pin doesn't stick up above the deck, the excess juice is drawn back in the bottle ( small chance of flooding also) No dry hits if you're using TC, you'll notice a decreased amount of vapor before you get a dry hit. Leaking....wwellll, even the most experienced will oversquonk once in a while.:vino:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
1) Spitback
3) Dry Hits

It depends a lot on your RDA and build. Spitback is not as bad if the rda has a flat or slightly concave bottom and the pin doesn't stick up above the deck, the excess juice is drawn back in the bottle ( small chance of flooding also) No dry hits if you're using TC, you'll notice a decreased amount of vapor before you get a dry hit. Leaking....wwellll, even the most experienced will oversquonk once in a while.:vino:

I agree pretty much - spit back should not be any worse or better with squonking than on any other RDA

I only like to use BF atties that drain well.

I don't get dry hits because - you squonk before it gets dry

Very, very simple

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree pretty much - spit back should not be any worse or better with squonking than on any other RDA

I only like to use BF atties that drain well.

I don't get dry hits because - you squonk before it gets dry

Very, very simple
Miss JL, you didn't address the oversquonking issue:):popcorn:

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for easing some of my concerns.
As for using TC.I honestly never really liked it.Just couldn't get the vape I wanted and liked.
I'm thinking maybe a top airflow RDA might be helpful in eliminating leakage issues.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As for using TC.I honestly never really liked it.Just couldn't get the vape I wanted and liked.
I'm thinking maybe a top airflow RDA might be helpful in eliminating leakage issues.
I hate beating on a dead horse, but the Mesh rda should work for you if you don't want the "butthole tight" (pat. pending) draw

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
My two cents on Squonker attys.
I have several that I like for different reasons but if you're afraid of over squonking and leaks I think the Pulse 22 is an awesome choice.
It's a single coil build and the way the air flow designed it's pretty hard to over squonk it.

Wicked Gene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Hellvape Trishul rda is top airflow and comes with Bf pin. Nice build deck and I have yet to over squonk it. I think it's the only one I can say I haven't over squonked

Sent from planet Krypton

raineysky

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had the Pico Squeeze in and out of the cart. Fasttech now has the IJoy Capo Squonker for $33.53 but there has been very little information released about it besides it supposedly does 100 watts and has a 9ml bottle.

Edit: Oh, and it can hold up to 26mm atties

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hate beating on a dead horse, but the Mesh rda should work for you if you don't want the "butthole tight" (pat. pending) draw
How I vape it below.

FAVORITE MTL SETUP = Aspire Nautilus using a 1.8 ohm Clapton Coilon an Eleaf iStick TC40W at 16 watts
FAVORITE Sub-Ohm SETUP = Innokin Coolfire IV Plus Storm Edition 0.5 ohm coil at 24 watts
Most often used SETUP = Aspire Atlantis Mega using a 1.8 ohm Clapton Coil on a Smok Xpro M80 Plus at 16 watts
My Newest Obsession = Asvape Cobra 0.5 ohm coil on a Innokin MVP 4 at 32 watts
I don't like it super tight but I don't like it super whoosy either.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had the Pico Squeeze in and out of the cart. Fasttech now has the IJoy Capo Squonker for $33.53 but there has been very little information released about it besides it supposedly does 100 watts and has a 9ml bottle.

Edit: Oh, and it can hold up to 26mm atties
Link please, all I get is the kit for $45

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Chalice IV is almost impossible to oversquonk and never leaks
So I keep seeing/reading.
However it is freaking teeny as hell so it might be out of the question.
Unless it is super easy to build on I'd just get frustrated fast.Due to my issues with my hands.

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
G'morning my lovely Squonkoz!
Almost 10pm here, just finished cleaning the flat, we have a couple guests coming soon who had to evacuate because of the fires.
Oof. Gotta start work in an hour.
Won't have a chance to play catch up here for the next few days, and I completely turned my vape settings off on Facebook, it is completely nuts on there, new gear popping up left and right all day/night long. I can't keep up anymore. Nor do I want to, some of it is great but just a constant flood of new attys & boxes all kinda doing the same thing. It's kinda fun being 'good' actually. Not even checking my Chinese tracking info from a few orders weeks ago so you know that's serious sh!t!
Quickly though, these popped up and I thought you'd enjoy seein em.. No internals pics yet, they'll have copper contacts and are made from Boyd's Wood famous for making gun stocks. MM510 - 26x42x75 ..Pretty sweet looking methinks. $195
Gotta run gotta go, hava great end of the week & weekend. Be safe!
X
Divine Mods BF Box:

IMG_4173.JPG IMG_4174.JPG IMG_4175.JPG IMG_4176.JPG IMG_4177.JPG

VU Sponsors