Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love that idea, but I can't see how it would ever be possible, with the bottom airflow the Achilles has; there's just no way to come up into the well from below, and if you tried, it would probably leak.

Another RDA I'm *considering* is the Dead Rabbit SQ, which appears to be tighten-able, perhaps even to my exacting standard. But it's a little pricier right now than I would prefer ($37) -- not out of the question, the first two KFL+ clones I bought were $35, but as an experiment, a bit much. Hoping to see a good sale on it at some point, or maybe just a lowered price as new stuff comes out.

Andria
$35 at eciggity but they have 20% off for new years to get it down to $28, and IIRC they do free shipping over $50 if you have any other wants/needs.

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
He says the flavor really is good, and even with his moderate settings (about 20 watts i think, ejuice is 30/70, .5 ohm coil), there's a decent little cloud -- not enough to annoy people, but enough, I gather (my own idea of enough would be downright puny to most of y'all!). And it's apparently pretty easy to build, but he had to wrap the coil backward from how I taught him -- so the lead that sits higher is on the left, the lower lead on the right. He seems very pleased with it. :)

Andria
The OBS engine and nano are the best RTA’s made IMO, good flavor and impossible to leak. I have two or 3 nanos and a couple engines lol.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I had to look it up in OLD email, because I didn't remember their name, 2+ yrs later. :D Just as well, since they apparently only etch glassware now, not vape mods as they used to -- phiniac.com.

Andria
Wow thanks I totally have forgotten they did that.
I know you don't drink so remind me to buy you some donuts or a root-beer float at some point...Cheers!

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I always go left to right since I'm holding the drillbit and one end of the wire with my left hand, but I taught him going "overhand', and he had to start it 'underhand,' to get the leads to come out on the right sides.

Andria
Yep that's how I'd do it...Cheers!
Just so I've said this at least once it has been years since my left hand has been useful for anything other than wiping my own arse.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's a good looking mod. That tiny fire button just kills it for me though, it may be the smallest I've ever seen

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Close second to the Saber Sensor Touch VV Mod.
In case you forgot what that thingy looked like here's an really old YouTube video review.

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It looks alright but damn that is pricey.But it gives very little to almost no information on specs.
Max wattage/max amps/max voltage/short protection/reverse battery protection...zero info on all that?
Yeah I'll pass.
DNA 250. Looks like a diy

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
It looks alright but damn that is pricey.But it gives very little to almost no information on specs.
Max wattage/max amps/max voltage/short protection/reverse battery protection...zero info on all that?
Yeah I'll pass.
Yeah it's not that hard to find the specs on a dna250 though and there's a link to the lipo specs.
I understand the price is kinda high, but there's not many options out there for high wattage squonkers that look nice. Plus you can get it engraved with almost anything you want.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Additionally its not like he can't provide the Ultem mod and Ultem Button ( says now the Ultem mod gets Black Button) or Ultem button for White...

but

View attachment 99698

Remember seeing a comment where he said a Green Button isn't going to happen....

BUT!

View attachment 99700

And I know its a render...but there is going to be one RED Sand Blasted mod..

View attachment 99701

One of his 3d printed Neofet bodies

View attachment 99702

Either way...Find out in a few days if we are able to get it with the button colors we want...no money invested yet, so no frustrations ;)
I just want a fn black button dammit and hes pretty much refusing me

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had a black one picked out.

I’m having a real hard time with this this decision! I’d hate to back and screw everyone else over if others back out too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Cant blame people for backing out do to his irratic post and no solid info apperantly he is not ready for this release ducks are deff not in a row on this one

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had a black one picked out.

I’m having a real hard time with this this decision! I’d hate to back and screw everyone else over if others back out too.

Do what you feel is right for you.
Cant blame people for backing out do to his irratic post and no solid info apperantly he is not ready for this release ducks are deff not in a row on this one

Only thing that I don't know for sure is being able to have different button colors and how accessible the button is (face plate removal )

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Had one a nano. Your right didn't leak. Good flavor. Probably should kept it but......... Got the shiny eyes for a squonker lol.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk
I know a lot of ppl sell vape stuff to buy new vape stuff, wish I could, I’m a vape hoarder lol. If I end up with something I can’t use I PIF it, other than that into the stash it goes lol.

Anyone know is the Luna a mech or mosfet? I noticed it has a light on the side, don’t feel like watching reviews ATM, watching Carl Sagan’s Cosmos.

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I know a lot of ppl sell vape stuff to buy new vape stuff, wish I could, I’m a vape hoarder lol. If I end up with something I can’t use I PIF it, other than that into the stash it goes lol.

Anyone know is the Luna a mech or mosfet? I noticed it has a light on the side, don’t feel like watching reviews ATM, watching Carl Sagan’s Cosmos.

MOSFET. It’s exactly like a Pico Squeeze

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
A much more expensive pico but that can be said about any mosfet over $17

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not at all - it doesn't have the weird governor in there to keep you from vaping over 50 Watts (most say their Pico would not fire over 40 Watts)

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I will if I can get my hands on one!

Am considering it as birthday present to myself next month - but would really prefer to wait and hear what a few seasoned squonkers have to say about it

Have not enjoyed three of the last four new squonk mods added to the collection o_O

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
$35 at eciggity but they have 20% off for new years to get it down to $28, and IIRC they do free shipping over $50 if you have any other wants/needs.

The original Dead Rabbit is $10 less, which tells me if I just wait a while, the price will drop. I have zero problem waiting, to save money. ;)

Andria

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yep that's how I'd do it...Cheers!
Just so I've said this at least once it has been years since my left hand has been useful for anything other than wiping my own arse.

My left is mainly only useful to hold things so my right can do other things; about the only thing I can do equally well with my left is type... and play the piano, about 40 yrs ago. :D I would hate to risk the cleanliness of my derriere to the inept attentions of my left hand. :giggle:

Andria

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The OBS engine and nano are the best RTA’s made IMO, good flavor and impossible to leak. I have two or 3 nanos and a couple engines lol.
The engine nano was the worst piece of shit I have ever encountered. I spent way too many hours trying to get a decent vape from that thing. The fanatics figured that a 2.5mm coil was the cats ass build for it and was where it worked the best. I haven't used 2.5mm coils since the KFL+ and GT II days... It gave me a mediocre vape at best and I piffed it away after seriously trying to get any sort of a decent vape. Just a poor design IMHO.

Now the GV Zeus has improved the failings of the Engine Nano, and is quite excellent for a single coil leakproof RTA. :D
zeus-b2k-jpg.709121

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
The engine nano was the worst piece of shit I have ever encountered. I spent way too many hours trying to get a decent vape from that thing. The fanatics figured that a 2.5mm coil was the cats ass build for it and was where it worked the best. I haven't used 2.5mm coils since the KFL+ and GT II days... It gave me a mediocre vape at best and I piffed it away after seriously trying to get any sort of a decent vape. Just a poor design IMHO.

Now the GV Zeus has improved the failings of the Engine Nano, and is quite excellent for a single coil leakproof RTA. :D
zeus-b2k-jpg.709121
Yeah put a 2.5 in one today :giggle:. Been thinking about the Zeus ever since I saw that airflow, glad to hear it wicks good.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Dead Rabbit SQ.....MTL? Yeah.....Nope! Problem I have with is: the coil sits waaaaay above the deck but installing it is so easy, Ray Charles could do it (and yes, I know he's singing with the angels ). It does have single/dual holes for MTL and a very nice drip tip included. In conclusion, @AndriaD, save your money.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Dead Rabbit SQ.....MTL? Yeah.....Nope! Problem I have with is: the coil sits waaaaay above the deck but installing it is so easy, Ray Charles could do it (and yes, I know he's singing with the angels ). It does have single/dual holes for MTL and a very nice drip tip included. In conclusion, @AndriaD, save your money.

So are you saying that the coil sitting up high like that won’t lend itself to quality a MTL vape?

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
AndriaD, you would probably like the billet box except for the price. Restricted air, durable, easy to carry.

I should pick up some Nautilus coils to try with mine. I hear that makes for a very nice MTL vape

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So are you saying that the coil sitting up high like that won’t lend itself to quality a MTL vape?

Yeah, kinda like that and the juice has a long arse way to travel. I was being conservative so I started with a 3mm ID coil at about 0.38 ohms. The overall size of the chamber doesn't lend itself to a dense, flavorful mtl vape.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, kinda like that and the juice has a long arse way to travel. I was being conservative so I started with a 3mm ID coil at about 0.38 ohms. The overall size of the chamber doesn't lend itself to a dense, flavorful mtl vape.

Bummer!

VU Sponsors