Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
Thats a lot of PG/VG. a gal of each lasts me over a year.
got some in the freezer along with many 120 ml bottles of nic and lots of flavorings.

Believe it or not I have been piffing out lots of my stuff that just did not suit me and I do not plan on using. Sent out over 30 bottles of flavoring the other day.

I was seeking and now I have found for the most part.
9356D613-F83E-4FDD-89CC-AFA73DB91E34.jpeg
big ol’ derp

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally building the cruiser and broke my cutters "face palm" but i mamaged to make it work
6ea0efcad139e53069ce684a224f0ad3.jpg
7b2b76c28467f10d5b467c178dcf10d5.jpg
11709daa342b8b6d4d12c901c4c701ef.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

hariboholmes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
No shit

My mechs (brand new) cost anywhere from $12 (Frankenclone) to $450, but most are in the $50 range, and the Pulse was hands down the worst mod I ever owned

So bad I refused to sell it to some unsuspected schmuck
I certainly don't own any mods that cost $450 my most expensive was a Boxer, but like you most of mine are in the $50 range.

I love my Pulse mods (own 3 now), granted I rarely vape anything lower than 0.4 ohms so I'm probably not getting the voltage drop as badly as some.

I thought the design was very clean and the strange twangy button gets a lot better after a few weeks use. Decent bottle for a budget squonker and the panels fit perfectly. I also really like the way the bottle and battery can be pushed out from the other side.

At first I hated the safety switch but soon got used to it.

Horses for courses I guess :)

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got a Pulse.
I don't hate it with passion, but I certainly wouldn't rave about it like it's a fantastic device.
Pro: It's cheap. It vapes. It's not leaking. Big bottle, big battery.
Con: Feels cheap. "Plastic". Like a "kid's mod". Likely will crack to pieces if when I drop it.
Pro: When that happens, when it breaks, I won't be particularly upset.

Mine's blue now. Doors, tip, and bottle. :)
Pulse and B2K.jpg

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nope mine broke cutting round wire. That just shouldn't be possible, especially when you've only had the clippers for a few weeks. The Phillips head in that kit broke the first time I used it as well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
The only Coilmaster tool I like is their V3 coiling jig.

Most of the small flush cutters are designed to cut copper wire only, which is much softer than vaping wire.

You can get hard wire cutters but they are not very cheap.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I use a pair of Klein Flush cutters...then again a lot of the tools I use for vaping are just tools I used in HVAC repurposed.

I think the only tools I use that wasn't part of HVAC was the coil jig and swivels oh and nylon pliers (small) although I did have some large side cutter ones from work.

Side note: Wife went to LA this weekend... brought home some Klatch Coffee, oh how I missed their coffee.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use a pair of Klein Flush cutters...then again a lot of the tools I use for vaping are just tools I used in HVAC repurposed.

I think the only tools I use that wasn't part of HVAC was the coil jig and swivels oh and nylon pliers (small) although I did have some large side cutter ones from work.

Side note: Wife went to LA this weekend... brought home some Klatch Coffee, oh how I missed their coffee.
Yep same here.
the only vaping specific tool I bought was the coiling tool.
Ohh and I got a pair of those ceramic tweezer things but only used them a few times ;)
I already had screwdrivers, precision tweezers, DMM's, etc.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yep same here.
the only vaping specific tool I bought was the coiling tool.
Ohh and I got a pair of those ceramic tweezer things but only used them a few times ;)
I already had screwdrivers, precision tweezers, DMM's, etc.

Funny thing... I recently bought a pair of ceramic tweezers...and guess what? I more recently found out they weren't needed lol

I thought they would be an improvement over my standard ones... nope. Just cost $8 and do exactly the same thing.

Most of the coils I make need little fiddling, and if there is a hot spot... strum between pulsing.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Funny thing... I recently bought a pair of ceramic tweezers...and guess what? I more recently found out they weren't needed lol

I thought they would be an improvement over my standard ones... nope. Just cost $8 and do exactly the same thing.

Most of the coils I make need little fiddling, and if there is a hot spot... strum between pulsing.
Yep same here. I have used the round grabby end a couple of times though unscrewing a tank part.
I painted the inside of the round grabby end with Plasti dip tool handle coating stuff and it really works now. The hard plastic did not work very well at all.

Dave.G1066

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you sir . Y’all got some really awesome mods . I wanna get a new squonk and put a single coil rda on it just not sure what to get. The reload has so awesome flavor but I think it’s time to try my hand in the single coil word lol

Dave.G1066

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you gentlemen input I appreciate it. Can you steer me in the right direction on where I can pick up one of them up . That would be greatly appreciated .

Do y’all know anything about the
Sentinel by Hellfire Attysmith?
Is it any good

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you sir . Y’all got some really awesome mods . I wanna get a new squonk and put a single coil rda on it just not sure what to get. The reload has so awesome flavor but I think it’s time to try my hand in the single coil word lol
I would go for the b2k or flave 22 but it all depends on if u want tighter af or lots of af

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Flave before haku

That is so close for me... I loved the Flave 22... but I really like the Haku's... It really came down to 2 things for me.

Build ease... Haku is a tad easier in my opinion. And that it used 510 rather than proprietary DT... Although one can buy the adapter as I did ;)

If the Flave 22 came with the 510 adapter... then it so close, cause honestly building on either is simple...just one is a tad easier.

Dave.G1066

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Give y’all some insight to my vaping style most of my builds are 0.04 - 0.10 ohms with the airflow on my reload rda about 1/2 open and sometimes wide open . I’m used to dull coils and a warm vape . I apologize for all the questions y’all I just figured I’d ask y’all and get your expertise on the single coil rads and what might be best for me to try and start with

VU Sponsors