Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alright squonkers, I’m placing an order with Mod Maker. Anyone need anything? Hoping to get enough people to make the express shipping cheaper on all of us. Once I receive things I’ll send them to people. I’ve done group buys before so people can vouch for me. LMK!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@b.m. and any others building s21 mods... Looks like the new "monster" mm silicone bottle is a perfect fit. It's 1mm taller but same 21mm diameter as the Cappy v4 10ml which is the recommended bottle (I've only found it for $30)

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Alright squonkers, I’m placing an order with Mod Maker. Anyone need anything? Hoping to get enough people to make the express shipping cheaper on all of us. Once I receive things I’ll send them to people. I’ve done group buys before so people can vouch for me. LMK!

I'll take the 510 Kit, and silver plated contact kit :D

upload_2018-2-4_9-13-32.png

This will allow me to dress up the Molly for under $9 and Shipping cost from you.

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll take the 510 Kit, and silver plated contact kit :D

View attachment 102528

This will allow me to dress up the Molly for under $9 and Shipping cost from you.

ace6b9c36f2fae74f7f1fb02c57c1a8f.jpg
plus you gotta calculate shipping expenses to me and then to you. Hoping to get enough to make the express shipping cheaper for all of us.

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If we get 5 people express shipping each is $8.47 and then probably $3-4 for me to use via first class shipping

DiggityDan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey bonkers! Got a question for all the builders out there. I need to put an order in for swivels. Which kind do you guys use? There’s so many different ones and sizes. All I know is ball bearing. Can someone throw me a link to what’s best? Thanks!

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thinking about making a Squonk Radar buy... Anyone interested in going in with me? I need a Narda Vikset cap...

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey bonkers! Got a question for all the builders out there. I need to put an order in for swivels. Which kind do you guys use? There’s so many different ones and sizes. All I know is ball bearing. Can someone throw me a link to what’s best? Thanks!

Jason is printing up my swivel base I saw on one of the 3D print sites, it will use conventional skate board bearings and looks like the USA ohm meters Spin LT.

There are the other ones like fishing lure ones like the SPROs etc that work fine.

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Le Supersonic, authentic vs YFTK

this is mainly for @raineysky and @BrewBear since they were interested.
TLDR version; they are identical

Took screws out and weighed just the decks:

SS_weight.png

Clone was 21.63g, og was 21.43
Caps: clone 16.94g, og 16.2

Bottoms look similar, same big honkin' hole in the center pin, OG on right:
SS_bottom.png

Decks similar, slightly tighter tolerances around the peek on the og. Same as SoCal noticed on the haku:
SS_deck.png

The only difference that I can see inside is the center pin extrudes slightly in the clone, maybe 1-1.2mm above the deck. I think the og was filed down a bit which you could also do with the clone if it sets off your OCD. OG on right:
SS_pin.png

Here are the top caps. They interchange and still fit fine. I realize it's hard to pick up with my phone camera but if you squint like Clint Eastwood, perhaps you can see the small little gouge looking marks on the circular edges of the right side cap. On the top curved part of the og on the right. This is what has a lot of people upset and there is really no excuse for it in my book, considering the og goes for $150. I work a blue-collar factory job and I'm here to tell you, I made a shitload of cable to pay for this rda. I work hard for the money and I assume you mates feel the same.

SS_caps.png

The air holes measure exactly the same, 3 holes, each side which measure 1.5mm for a total of
4.5mm on each side:
SS_airholes.png

To be honest, the machining is better cosmetically on the clone. Tolerances better on the OG. Both had a bit of grunge in the screw holes... toothbrush, dawn and then the twisted tip of a paper towel to clean those out so the screws were smooth and totally silent.

Bottom line, they are practically identical. I would still spend the dough for the OG because it's the best performing rda I've bought this year. I coiled up the yftk, wicked and juiced... same great flavor, same super smooth airflow, squonks good, drains well, great beat, easy to dance to. ;) The air is so smooth and so quiet on the supersonic compared to some other rdas I could mention which amazes me considering it's being channeled through those 6 small holes.

edit: forgot to add, the part where the bottom pin sticks out, from underside of deck to bottom tip of squonk pin, identical 4.85mm

That's all I got bonkers, cheers!

Last edited:

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

View attachment 102531

View attachment 102532

Decks similar, slightly tighter tolerances around the peek on the og. Same as SoCal noticed on the haku:
View attachment 102533

The only difference that I can see inside is the center pin extrudes slightly in the clone, maybe 1-1.2mm above the deck. I think the og was filed down a bit which you could also do with the clone if it sets off your OCD. OG on right:
View attachment 102534

Here are the top caps. They interchange and still fit fine. I realize it's hard to pick up with my phone camera but if you squint like Clint Eastwood, perhaps you can see the small little gouge looking marks on the circular edges of the right side cap. On the top curved part of the og on the right. This is what has a lot of people upset and there is really no excuse for it in my book, considering the og goes for $150. I work a blue-collar factory job and I'm here to tell you, I made a shitload of cable to pay for this rda. I work hard for the money and I assume you mates feel the same.

View attachment 102535

The air holes measure exactly the same, 3 holes, each side which measure 1.5mm for a total of
4.5mm on each side:
View attachment 102536

To be honest, the machining is better cosmetically on the clone. Tolerances better on the OG. Both had a bit of grunge in the screw holes... toothbrush, dawn and then the twisted tip of a paper towel to clean those out so the screws were smooth and totally silent.

Botton line, they are practically identical. I would still spend the dough for the OG because it's the best performing rda I've bought this year. I coiled up the yftk, wicked and juiced... same great flavor, same super smooth airflow, squonks good, drains well, great beat, easy to dance to. ;) The air is so smooth and so quiet on the supersonic compared to some other rdas I could mention which amazes me considering it's being channeled through those 6 small holes.

edit: forgot to add, the part where the bottom pin sticks out, from underside of deck to bottom tip of squonk pin, identical 4.85mm

Thank you for that! I guess I'll get the clone for now and see how it fits in my vaping preference. By that time I should be on a less restricted diet and get the og as well. It would be interesting to hear opinions/comparisons between it and the Haku. I'm guessing @Proatype already decided he likes it better.

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That damn Raphy, have mercy. First I get randomized out of the first 100 'one' rda. I luck up this morning and get in on a 30 person quickstrike for the krma. Now he post me in a list on the neo group with 25 others saying the one will be available for us from squonk radar after those first 100 from the master list are sent out.:huh:

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That damn Raphy, have mercy. First I get randomized out of the first 100 'one' rda. I luck up this morning and get in on a 30 person quickstrike for the krma. Now he post me in a list on the neo group with 25 others saying the one will be available for us from squonk radar after those first 100 from the master list are sent out.:huh:
He has no clue whats goin on he confuses everybody

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From my understanding everyone in the neofet group was entitled to one if u filled out the doc now hes back to the randomizer again

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From my understanding everyone in the neofet group was entitled to one if u filled out the doc now hes back to the randomizer again

Yeah, I knew I'd get one eventually but was hoping for a week or two breather before the next drop. Got an invoice for the phenom coming in about a week... oh well, might as well be happy I suppose. Worst case, I guess I can put the cruiser, chalice III or a cyclone up for sale.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, once I read a while back he was going to have them on Squonk Radar... I stopped wanting to put myself on the list...not because its not a decent looking RDA...just one less thing I had to try and understand lol.

I've never had issue with him on anything, but this go around with the NeoFet has been a Yo-Yo of comprehension for me; and mind you, I am of Filipino decent and around people with cultural slang differences and I still have a fuck fuck time knowing what he is trying to convey lol

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So on this modmaker thing vt is doin when u buy the contacts do u cut them to size for your mod or are they for a certain mod silly but wanna confirm

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So on this modmaker thing vt is doin when u buy the contacts do u cut them to size for your mod or are they for a certain mod silly but wanna confirm

You cut them yourself, the top contact has a 10mm and a 12mm hole on opposite sides for whatever one you need.

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You cut them yourself, the top contact has a 10mm and a 12mm hole on opposite sides for whatever one you need.
Do they have a actual silver 510 or is it just a couple parts to upgrade ur current one i seen that they was listed as just parts

Nvm i figured it out

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I knew that fucker was going to do White after the Black-Ultem mods lol

Well I knew for a fact he would pump out the Black ones first, since he said Black is his favorite color haha...bastard.
At least your getting yours lol I've basicly given up even asking about it. Who knows maybe he's waiting to give it to me for Christmas! Lmao

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Jason is printing up my swivel base I saw on one of the 3D print sites, it will use conventional skate board bearings and looks like the USA ohm meters Spin LT.

There are the other ones like fishing lure ones like the SPROs etc that work fine.

Other ones downstairs but here's the second one I'm printing
a99a8bec9f50cd200fb60a18dba6f1aa.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you for that! I guess I'll get the clone for now and see how it fits in my vaping preference. By that time I should be on a less restricted diet and get the og as well. It would be interesting to hear opinions/comparisons between it and the Haku. I'm guessing @Proatype already decided he likes it better.

Well here's my take, if these two rdas were motorcycles, the haku would be the torquey V-twin and the SS would be the smooth inline 4. I like them both, the haku seems more airy (running air wide open), a bit rougher, more visceral vape. The SS is smoother and gets you to 90mph flavor in the blink of an eye.
The haku will take any coil you throw at it due to the mounting setup, from round wire to alien, etc.

The SS, you may have to work at it a bit more with those little flat top slotted screws:
SS_coiled.png

But it can be done, I've seen pics of fused clapton builds on the web although I've stuck with simple round wire so far. I can't remember if it was Snake or Cromwell who said to have awesome flavor, you need small jets of air hitting the coils. Not sure of the theory behind that but it seems to work well on the supersonic. That said, I love them both, they just give a slightly different vape. Perhaps @Proatype or someone else will weigh in later. That's just my 2 coppers.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

View attachment 102531

View attachment 102532

View attachment 102533

View attachment 102534

View attachment 102535

4.5mm on each side:
View attachment 102536

Botton line, they are practically identical. I would still spend the dough for the OG because it's the best performing rda I've bought this year. I coiled up the yftk, wicked and juiced... same great flavor, same super smooth airflow, squonks good, drains well, great beat, easy to dance to. ;) The air is so smooth and so quiet on the supersonic compared to some other rdas I could mention which amazes me considering it's being channeled through those 6 small holes.

Thanks, man...ordered the clone...!

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well here's my take, if these two rdas were motorcycles, the haku would be the torquey V-twin and the SS would be the smooth inline 4. I like them both, the haku seems more airy (running air wide open), a bit rougher, more visceral vape. The SS is smoother and gets you to 90mph flavor in the blink of an eye.
The haku will take any coil you throw at it due to the mounting setup, from round wire to alien, etc.

The SS, you may have to work at it a bit more with those little flat top slotted screws:
View attachment 102544

But it can be done, I've seen pics of fused clapton builds on the web although I've stuck with simple round wire so far. I can't remember if it was Snake or Cromwell who said to have awesome flavor, you need small jets of air hitting the coils. Not sure of the theory behind that but it seems to work well on the supersonic. That said, I love them both, they just give a slightly different vape. Perhaps @Proatype or someone else will weigh in later. That's just my 2 coppers.
Good enough for me! I run the Haku at about 3/4 open so the SS will most likely be something I like. Thank you for taking the time.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I knew I'd get one eventually but was hoping for a week or two breather before the next drop. Got an invoice for the phenom coming in about a week... oh well, might as well be happy I suppose. Worst case, I guess I can put the cruiser, chalice III or a cyclone up for sale.
I think it's about time you let go of a Cyclone....:p:D You want to have the Cruiser on hand to compare it to the Phenom and the Chalice III.....I already have a couple of them. Well, I'm calling dibs if you're selling a Cyclone since I don't think you drilled them out.:cheers:

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
4E8D7C41-51BA-4086-B914-26B1FE1878B4.jpeg

This set-up looks like someone said, “hey man, just rummage through this drawer of extra s*** and see what you can put together.”

VandyVape mesh atty on a Kamry K-101 mod with an Aleader Squonk Adapter.
I was surprised how well the adapter is working. No leaks at all and the liquid seems to flow smoothly to the atty.

This “Crux” from Avail has got to be one of the weirdest named liquids I have come across. Nothing about “Crux” makes me think of a banana/graham cracker liquid. Taste good though. I wish the value matched the taste.
This was part of of Left Brain’s Eliquid Benevolence Program; otherwise known as “Avail is across the street from our Kroger.”

When I vape this stuff, I feel like I’m cheating on V3. derp

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 102561

This set-up looks like someone said, “hey man, just rummage through this drawer of extra s*** and see what you can put together.”

VandyVape mesh atty on a Kamry K-101 mod with an Aleader Squonk Adapter.
I was surprised how well the adapter is working. No leaks at all and the liquid seems to flow smoothly to the atty.

This “Crux” from Avail has got to be one of the weirdest named liquids I have come across. Nothing about “Crux” makes me think of a banana/graham cracker liquid. Taste good though. I wish the value matched the taste.
This was part of of Left Brain’s Eliquid Benevolence Program; otherwise known as “Avail is across the street from our Kroger.”

When I vape this stuff, I feel like I’m cheating on V3. derp
I got some juice from avail once. It was good but expensive.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone in US had experience with DHL shipping? Wondering if they hand off to USPS or someone for final delivery within US.

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone in US had experience with DHL shipping? Wondering if they hand off to USPS or someone for final delivery within US.
Sig is required unless u go online and do a electronic sig realease iv had several things shipped dhl

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sig is required unless u go online and do a electronic sig realease iv had several things shipped dhl

Thanks, that's what I did. Expecting some vikset caps Wednesday and I expect to be sound asleep preparing for night shift.
Btw, I'm hoping to receive tracking on our TRVP bottles from Allen today. I pm'd him yesterday and he said yesterday or today
so fingers crossed. I'll keep you posted.

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unless the base is too far away. I think Lucy said they hand over to USPS since she is 100 miles from depot

Ok, thanks. I suppose either option will work. I let my mail carrier sign for my stuff anyways.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
:tantrum:

BAM still not finished. Still not even up to machining buttons.

And my orca parts are taking forever. Over 2 weeks so far.

I managed to work out the dye situation. Need rit dyemore for synthetic, not the general purpose stuff. I ordered Kentucky Sky Blue

Poor dogman

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks, that's what I did. Expecting some vikset caps Wednesday and I expect to be sound asleep preparing for night shift.
Btw, I'm hoping to receive tracking on our TRVP bottles from Allen today. I pm'd him yesterday and he said yesterday or today
so fingers crossed. I'll keep you posted.
O crap i didnt pp ya i will after i get off work just throw me a shipping number from u to me or wait till u ship and give exact and throw a vikset cap in to hehe

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
:tantrum:

BAM still not finished. Still not even up to machining buttons.

And my orca parts are taking forever. Over 2 weeks so far.

I managed to work out the dye situation. Need rit dyemore for synthetic, not the general purpose stuff. I ordered Kentucky Sky Blue

Poor dogman

Well I suppose the bright side on the BAM is, you can't rush perfection.:)

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
O crap i didnt pp ya i will after i get off work just throw me a shipping number from u to me or wait till u ship and give exact and throw a vikset cap in to hehe

Hold off on PPing me until I get the bottles please if you don't mind. I'll keep you posted.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well I suppose the bright side on the BAM is, you can't rush perfection.:)
Yeah it's cool. Turbo had his plumbing freeze. His water heater asploded all over his cnc mill.

These things always happen on my turn though

VU Sponsors