In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Here is another design ...

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1758376

They've got loads just search squonk ...can even make DNA cases the lot!

Hmmmmm this could be interesting anyone up for a crowdsourcing project ;) ....could get a decent 3D printer VU donaters and those with notable length of time and contribution on the forum get yourself a VU squonk mod!

:idea:

I don't believe for a second these plastic mods should cost what they do bet you can churn them out pretty cheap

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The start up cost is what hits a mod maker doing 3d mods.Good quality printers are expensive and the filaments run from pricey to really expensive.And most 3d printers are not plug and play,they have to be leveled and calibrated.You have to really spend time learning how to use one.I've seen some cheap 3d mods that used low quality printers and you can tell in the final finish and fit.But most are to much money in my opinion for what you get.

Tamer El-Meehy

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've never tried a 3D printed mod ..call me old fashioned, but a mod should be either metal or wood ..if it goes down the plastic road, then my mind automatically registers it in the Kanger Dripbox category. Of course derlin and ultem mods - if properly made and finished - can be an exception. But the 3D ones look cheap to me..I don't know..maybe it's an opinion based on ignorance. Anybody in here tried them?

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
The Frankenskull clone has potential for someone willing/able to do some cheap modifications
what kind of modifications do u recommend?
I mean it works, it's small, the atty isn't too bad that came with it.
The bottle sucks though, and IDK why they used a metal cap on it just seems like a dumb choice

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The contacts need to be smoothed over with a file for sure - mine ripped into the outter lining of the wrapper on an almost brand new battery for starters

It is such a tight fit that even very thin ribbon interfered with the door sitting flush
Definitely needs a higher quality bottle

I've never liked a single atty that came with a squonker (have over 20 of them btw) so I bought the version without an atomizer

Haven't had the time to fully take it apart like I usually do upon receiving a mech - but will do so by the end of this week and will likely identify other areas that could be highly improved

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
what kind of modifications do u recommend?
I mean it works, it's small, the atty isn't too bad that came with it.
The bottle sucks though, and IDK why they used a metal cap on it just seems like a dumb choice
for one, you could upgrade the 510 to a FDV, you could also get a silver sheet, and cut new contacts...instant power boost :D
(I think I saw a post of someone who did those two upgrades already, and were pleased with the outcome)

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
for one, you could upgrade the 510 to a FDV, you could also get a silver sheet, and cut new contacts...instant power boost :D
(I think I saw a post of someone who did those two upgrades already, and were pleased with the outcome)

Have definitely been considering that - it's cheap enough to really experiment on

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
The contacts need to be smoothed over with a file for sure - mine ripped into the outter lining of the wrapper on an almost brand new battery for starters

It is such a tight fit that even very thin ribbon interfered with the door sitting flush
Definitely needs a higher quality bottle

I've never liked a single atty that came with a squonker (have over 20 of them btw) so I bought the version without an atomizer

Haven't had the time to fully take it apart like I usually do upon receiving a mech - but will do so by the end of this week and will likely identify other areas that could be highly improved
thanks for the tips. I should measure the voltage drop to see how bad it is

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The frankenclone is alright as is,but you have to change the bottle.Some guys at "the other place"have been going hog wild modding them.Popular consensus being that the square soy sauce bottles are perfect as they are just a little narrower than the supersofts,so the bottle isn't strangled between the battery and contact strip.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
The frankenclone is alright as is,but you have to change the bottle.Some guys at "the other place"have been going hog wild modding them.Popular consensus being that the square soy sauce bottles are perfect as they are just a little narrower than the supersofts,so the bottle isn't strangled between the battery and contact strip.
any chance of a link to the good bottles?

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My problem with this -
- replace the bottle
- buy material and fabricate a new firing leaf
- buy and install a new 510
None of which will go easy for me - I always have trouble with shit like this.
And if I DO all that...what do I have? I still have a cheap plastic box.
So....nah. I'll throw an italian bottle in there, and see if it's gonna get vaped at all, or not.

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My problem with this -
- replace the bottle
- buy material and fabricate a new firing leaf
- buy and install a new 510
None of which will go easy for me - I always have trouble with shit like this.
And if I DO all that...what do I have? I still have a cheap plastic box.
So....nah. I'll throw an italian bottle in there, and see if it's gonna get vaped at all, or not.

None of those upgrades are necessary to vape.....they just make the vape a bit better for some ;)
Personally, I have zero desire for any printed (or other plastic) squonker box. I find my CC in brass to be king of mechs, no real desire to branch off from there (though I have been thinking of trying new toppers...my derringer is great for flavor, but want to try something new).
Just waiting on my dna75 squonker to arrive to see how that rabbit hole takes me.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
thanks for the heads up. I'm just trying out sqounking to see what the fuss is about. got the frakenskull clone, the movkin disguiser, and now the gbox s100 on the way
Movkin disguiser is a decent desk squonker but I like the Dripbox 2 and 160 better. And the Coppervape is an outstanding mech squonker for the money.

I have 2 disguisers. won 1 and the other one was 19.99 and could not pass it up.
Just wondering where to get bottles for the squonk kit at.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Movkin disguiser is a decent desk squonker but I like the Dripbox 2 and 160 better. And the Coppervape is an outstanding mech squonker for the money.

I have 2 disguisers. won 1 and the other one was 19.99 and could not pass it up.
Just wondering where to get bottles for the squonk kit at.
Yeah, I can't recommend them enough for the price - best deal going for a mech of any substance
I did see alot of people rave about the coppervape. my only issue is I'm more of a dual battery vapor. I know the frakenskull is single but it was 18 bucks. proof of concept call it i guess. But if you guys have any recommendations of good dual battery squonkers (can be mech or regulated doesn't matter, but if mech would prefer series over parallel) i'm open to suggestions

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I did see alot of people rave about the coppervape. my only issue is I'm more of a dual battery vapor. I know the frakenskull is single but it was 18 bucks. proof of concept call it i guess. But if you guys have any recommendations of good dual battery squonkers (can be mech or regulated doesn't matter, but if mech would prefer series over parallel) i'm open to suggestions

Just remember to watch your video on battery safety first ....:p

I had settled on the 160 but the S100 has peaked my interest. See I'm also thinking about DNA squonker but have never had much luck with temp control (phantom said he has issues with sticky button on the therion) so that leaves the HCigar or Halycon I'm really torn on regulated mod!

Mech probably gonna a coppervape myself ...want a Reo P67 but shit out of luck on that right now (hope Rob gets well soon :( )

In meantime got that Cthulhu Gaia on the way can't wait couldnt pass it up at 50% off! (still getting the hadaly!)

Last edited:

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I had settled on the 160 but the S100 has peaked my interest. See I'm also thinking about DNA squonker but have never had much luck with temp control (phantom said he has issues with sticky button on the therion) so that leaves the HCigar or Halycon I'm really torn on regulated mod!

Mech probably gonna a coppervape myself ...want a Reo P67 but shit out of luck on that right now (hope Rob gets well soon :( )

In meantime got that Cthulhu Gaia on the way can't wait couldnt pass it up at 50% off! (still getting the hadaly!)
Yea my therion also started the sticky button crap and I still love it lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Yea my therion also started the sticky button crap and I still love it lol

Hmmm that rules that out even though it looks the nuts!

Halcyon crap battery

Hcigar earlier DNA chip

Dripbox ...it's kangertech theres gonna be something wrong with it, forgets to fire or randomly turns off I expect usual shit

S100 dark horse at the moment ....limited to 100w on a dual 18650 wtf?

Movkin ...the size of a small village

Trying to weigh up what's the best of a load of cons hence the dilemma

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Halcyon crap battery

Hcigar earlier DNA chip

Dripbox ...it's kangertech theres gonna be something wrong with it, forgets to fire or randomly turns off I expect usual shit

Forgot loose panels on inbox

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

Halcyon crap battery

Hcigar earlier DNA chip

LMAO that was my problem as well.
doesn't seem like a must have sqounker device to fill me needs. I'm not a fan of the DNA75 chip (love the 200 and 250 though)
not a fan of single battery mods either
so that really cuts down choices. the movkin i got but as you said it's huge, the S100 i just ordered. been eyeing it for a while and it thankfully came out. unlike the Gbox150 i wanted and it never got made.
Now if there was a 100 watt single 26650 sqounk mod, they might be the perfect combo of size, power, and battery life but not sure if one exists

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kangertech?
I have 7 Kangertech mods and no problems with any of them.
1 Kbox mini I have been using for around 1.5 years with no issues. Run a battery thru it daily.
The Kbox mini 70W TC has wavery tc but it works.
Aside from that no complaints.
Now the Subtank Mini V2 may be the only good tank they ever made?
If used with the RBA deck.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
doesn't seem like a must have sqounker device to fill me needs. I'm not a fan of the DNA75 chip (love the 200 and 250 though)
so that really cuts down choices. the movkin i got but as you said it's huge, the S100 i just ordered. been eyeing it for a while and it thankfully came out. unlike the Gbox150 i wanted and it never got made.
Now if there was a 100 watt single 26650 sqounk mod, they might be the perfect combo of size, power, and battery life but not sure if one exists
The Dripbox 160 is nice. And can be had for around $38.
I like it much better than the Disguiser.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
The Dripbox 160 is nice. And can be had for around $38.
I like it much better than the Disguiser.
i mean kanger is ok for what it is. but it's more starter mods that you upgrade from eventually IMO nothing wrong with them per se, but just not a fan of the performance. I mean technically I'm in "starter" mode as far as sqounking goes but still. The movkin perfoms nice. it's just huge. I'm hoping the Gbox s100 does the trick

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A dna 250 166 triade squonker would be nice.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i mean kanger is ok for what it is. but it's more starter mods that you upgrade from eventually IMO nothing wrong with them per se, but just not a fan of the performance. I mean technically I'm in "starter" mode as far as sqounking goes but still. The movkin perfoms nice. it's just huge. I'm hoping the Gbox s100 does the trick
Long as it works well for my needs I do not upgrade.
Heck I did not even upgrade on wives and she does not work so well any more.

Tamer El-Meehy

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I'd get the Halcyon without hesitation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors