Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

FranknChill

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Rocking the new Oumier Wasp Nano RDA Pro on top of the Pulse V2.

IMG_20230615_102209.jpg

I know i know the drip is way too big but hey i got big juicy lips,i need a tall drip tip.
Anyway first impression is good,keep in mind this RDA cost 16,73 euros,does have some kinks but as far as cons come,not that many to be honest.

Will try to find some time tonight so i can do a proper video review.

Bottom line thou,for just 4 or 5 euros more i would get a Nitrous RDA but there isn't that much of a difference when it comes to flavor,this little RDA delivers.

Last edited:

FranknChill

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Wow did not even know they had a new Wasp.
My daily vape is still a Pico squeeze and Wasp Nano (original). Kinda stuck in the past :D

Hey as long as it works for you there is no shame.
My first RTA was the Wasp Nano V1,one that had the drip tip/top cap combo on top.
I forgot to lock my mod one day and it my man bag started to feel hot,yeah i melted the top cap.
My friend the owner of the local vape shop spent 20 minutes taking out the small slivers of plastic stuck to the top hehe.

Price on this RDA was to good to pass up on so i had to get me one,at least it gets me something to review.
These darn suppliers are taking forever to send stuff *sigh*

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
9ec20076be6749e569f0c23c32da119b.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wow did not even know they had a new Wasp.
My daily vape is still a Pico squeeze and Wasp Nano (original). Kinda stuck in the past :D
Yep being seeing the new Wasp a while now. Been holding off a bit. Looks to be dual coil build only. Of course, I might be wrong, too. Change though, ... hmm.

ETA: Oh wow! He's rocking the Pro version, not V2. Damn, looks sexy. Might have to rake out ~$25 for a Wasp even. It's single coil. The V2s I saw were dual. The Pros look damn nice. Change, ... hmm. LOL

Last edited:
I assume these aren't good for this that do DL and look like a smoke machine?? Lol. Srsly tho I'm curious on input on that. Didn't even know about them till I got into RTAS and got my first one a week or two ago 😅

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I assume these aren't good for this that do DL and look like a smoke machine?? Lol. Srsly tho I'm curious on input on that. Didn't even know about them till I got into RTAS and got my first one a week or two ago 😅
squonkers can DL well. There have been 200watt squonkers, DL RDA etc

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Coming in to say hi.

Pretty new to squonking,been using RTA and sub-ohm tanks but drop in coils were getting to expensive and RTA are just to finicky when it comes to wicking...and yeah i am not good at wicking.

Subscriber from my channel sent me a care package with a Pulse V2 and a Nitrous RDA and i have been squonking none stop.

Went a little crazy this month and got some more mods and RDA since its always good to have spares.
Nitrous RDA i run with a single coil/single top cap and i switch between the Pulse V2 and V3.

Here i got 3 of them all lined up:

View attachment 205360

Here in Spain we still got Pulse V2 available even thou they stopped making them,at the moment i got 2 of each (2xV2 and 2xV3),will probably get a couple more V2 before they sell out.

Tried a couple of different RDA i got for review purposes but i always end up coming back to the Nitrous,easy to wick and no hassle.
Whats the squonk action like on nitrous?

FranknChill

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Whats the squonk action like on nitrous?

By squonk action you mean amount of Reebok sneaker type pumping needed when vaping or just general performance?

General performance is excellent,i have been using it none stop since i swore of RTA altogether.
I usually wick like everyday or day and half...2 days the most and so far i only screwed it up once and yeah i gotta be honest i suck at wicking.

Recently tried it out in dual coil mode with the dual cap and oh boy yeah it hit good and it hit hard but these days i am all about simplicity so i stick with my single coil and single top cap.

Tried about 3 or 4 other RDA but the Nitrous is the one i end up going back to,close second thou would be the Oumier Wasp Nano RDA Pro.

Bang for your buck the Oumier Wasp Nano RDA Pro truly delivers,only real con i had was the airflow ring.
Aesthetic wise it just made the RDA look weird but performance wise its very good and it cost me less than 17 euros,so yeah for that price it is totally worth it.

Mod wise can't comment,only been using the Pulse V2 and the V3 occasionally when i go out and just because the way i customized it it kinda looks cool hehe.

Been looking for a single coil Topside but can't find any here in Spain,dual battery Topside is just meh,i don't really need the dual battery when you take into account my usual vaping wattage.

Bottom line if you can get yourself some Nitrous RDA go for it,you won't be disappointed.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
"Oh, look, a hang nail." ...

Minor issue with the Gorge RDA. Seemed the 510 capillary screw decided it could wander. Got it topping the Sherman tank (Purge Redeemer) mod I got from @gadget!, recently. That darn screw must have realized the mod has a spring-loaded 510 connection, "aha, I'll show him. I'll unscrew from the RDA and go love the mod."

Simple enough fix, screw it back into the RDA securely. After I rebuilt on it thinking the coil had shorted. *smh* "shrt chk"

"Not wearing a shirt, you confounded thing."

Last edited:

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i picked this up secondsies

studiovape mini

proper mosfet

not any of the circuit boards advertised as mosfet, but not since they have added 3 click etc

just a mosfet (switch) and fuse. Different beast to the "clickfet" types that were popular

SV1.jpgSV3.jpgSV2.jpg

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Never been powered up or has had juice run through it but sort of a modern classic...New Hcigar VT75 inbox I pulled from storage to look at and share.
Beauty! Ya ever feel like parting with it... ;)

Been using mine forever it seems..it's a rock.
It earned the honour of sporting a Flave Tank...I only have two.

V8RpNPU.jpg

I picked it up for $35 on Ebay back when that was still a thing... :D

Never did find spare plates... :(

FranknChill

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Today was a good day,had a translating gig in the morning and they gave me a hefty tip so what did i do?
Yeah went online and spent it on some vaping gear hehe.

My usual shop i use for online orders had a 21% discount and only one Topside left so meh what the heck i went ahead and got me the last one ;)

topside.JPG

While at it i also got me the new Wasp Nano RDA Plus by Oumier,i reviewed the Pro version which was single coil but this one is the double coil version.

waspy.JPG

I quite liked the single coil version when i reviewed it so i decided to give this one a try,was going to get it in gold but seemed to flashy with the toned down gold from the Topside so i just went with my usual choice which is black.

Will get them both delivered on Tuesday,can't wait to give them a try.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not sure why, but just not keen on the notion of a dual coil Wasp Nano. The mind just sees it and has this weird aversion, like bumping into your zombie cousin at the reunion and realizing they're eating all the good livers. You just want to get farther away. Oh, and please nobody tell me anything about the new Winnie Pooh movie, Blood and Honey. I started watching it and then realized after two minutes in I'll have nightmares for weeks. *shudders*

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not sure why, but just not keen on the notion of a dual coil Wasp Nano. The mind just sees it and has this weird aversion, like bumping into your zombie cousin at the reunion and realizing they're eating all the good livers. You just want to get farther away. Oh, and please nobody tell me anything about the new Winnie Pooh movie, Blood and Honey. I started watching it and then realized after two minutes in I'll have nightmares for weeks. *shudders*
the beauty of the original wasp was its simplicity. No frills, no gimmicks

this latest one is typical of chineseium, take a known name and make "an upgraded version" which has no resemblance to v1 and over complicates it with gimmickery

FranknChill

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
the beauty of the original wasp was its simplicity. No frills, no gimmicks

this latest one is typical of chineseium, take a known name and make "an upgraded version" which has no resemblance to v1 and over complicates it with gimmickery

Still gotta wait for tomorrow and see how it performs.
Gotta say thou the new Wasp Nano RDA Plus (single coil) impressed me,gave it a good review in my video.
I mean to be honest i still prefer my Nitrous RDA but the Wasp really delivered,plus price wise and simplicity in building makes it ideal for someone new to RDAs.

To be honest i don't really see much ''gimmichery'' on the dual coil version,just a bigger version of the Plus version,can't really say more until i give it a try.

I will let you folks know how it goes ;)

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
*stands, walks to podium ... taps mic and hears it's on* Go Fuck Yourself all you squonking bastiges! *smiles, nods and walks back sitting with a grin, mutters* It just needed said. Hope y'all realize, love all o' ya.
:kickbutt:
*picks up Coppervape topped with Goon, takes a big hit, exhales vapor to spell I "I frt n yur gral drectin" in a French accent*

vaping in accents is much harder than it sounds, so sorry for all the missing letters and general illegibility of the vapor, it's supposed to say...

:giggle::hug:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
*picks up Coppervape topped with Goon, takes a big hit, exhales vapor to spell I "I frt n yur gral drectin" in a French accent*

vaping in accents is much harder than it sounds, so sorry for all the missing letters and general illegibility of the vapor, it's supposed to say...

*squonks Requiem mod topped with Wasp Nano, the squonk speaking "Slllllyyy Innnngiiiiissshhh kkkkiiiiinnniiigts"*

Even harder than vaping accents, but I best watch, @JuicyLucy will come whoop us both with Tampon wicks or something really deranged, ...

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Holy Moly - I need to check in here more often

How you been buddy?!? :finger:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Juicy!!!! :hug: It's been awhile, hasn't it. I'm doing pretty good, hope all is well with you in The Last Frontier.
Oh, and of course it wouldn't be proper for me to see an old Fugee friend without a great big GFY, would it?
🖕

:hug:Real glad to see ya!!!!

We actually followed through and moved to Hawaii on a little homestead four years ago - we'll have to catch up sometime soon. I got a commitment to attend to at a farmers market, lol

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well of course the posts are gone now...
New member posting spam ads in multiple threads.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So what's up with you? Haven't seen you in years it seems
Yeah, over six years actually. Really don't know what to say since my reasons for vanishing in the first place are rather personal. But short story, back when I was here before I was still dual using. After I left I actually quit smoking completely for about 2.5 years. Then early in the covid lockdowns I bummed a smoke. Next day bought a pack, smoked a couple a day most days. The numbers kept creeping up. By early 2022 my vape stuff mostly was ignored and I was smoking full time.

Again, personal reasons, but basically for quite some time I simply didn't care. Then a couple months ago decided it was time to start finding my way back out of the darkness I'd been living in, and time to start thinking about living a healthier life. So, I came back to vaping, though dual using at the moment. And that made me decide to come back to VU.

So Alaska to Hawaii? That's a pretty significant change I would think. Homestead sound nice, wouldn't mind living a bit of the homesteadish lifestyle. Just not gonna butcher my own meat. Or shovel cow patties. And I'm not particularly handy, I'm the type of person who can't swing a hammer without hitting the wrong thing, usually my thumb. Oh, and I don't wanna deal with chicken crap. Hmmm, maybe I'm not cut out for homesteading after all, unless I marry a farm woman and let her do it all. I'll tend the garden though.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Glad you're back and wish you all the best

I don't come on much anymore, just don't buy anymore and know squat about anything new these days

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Seems like most of the talk here, and really on other forums too, is just casual. Vape talk is extremely limited. I don't know much about new gear either. But since this is the squonk thread and to get back on topic, I keep seeing people talking about deceased bunnies vaping in hell. Apparently some of those perished hares squonk. I need to study up on the subject.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Seems like most of the talk here, and really on other forums too, is just casual. Vape talk is extremely limited. I don't know much about new gear either. But since this is the squonk thread and to get back on topic, I keep seeing people talking about deceased bunnies vaping in hell. Apparently some of those perished hares squonk. I need to study up on the subject.
Yeah, those bunnies are fairly good. I've used them some. Not sure why, but they aren't really an RDA I keep in rotation. I like 'em, just not pickled tink like everyone else seems to let on.

Longshort, they're worth the ~$25 price. I'm just not super keen on 'em. I got an Advken Gorge, Damn Vape's Mongrel, Wasp Nanos I like better.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, those bunnies are fairly good. I've used them some. Not sure why, but they aren't really an RDA I keep in rotation. I like 'em, just not pickled tink like everyone else seems to let on.

Longshort, they're worth the ~$25 price. I'm just not super keen on 'em. I got an Advken Gorge, Damn Vape's Mongrel, Wasp Nanos I like better.
I have a Wasp Nano that I like, unfortunately just the one. And only one Goon. Really need to get a good 2 batt squonker for the Goon so I can build it a bit lower. If I ever see someone selling either, I might be tempted, not really sure.

I did just place an order (my first online vape related purchasein six years) for something I didn't really need, a few of the Pulse mech squonkers, $9 each at Wet Vapes in their clearance section. I have my CV collection, but the Pulses will take 20700s so I thought for that price I might as well.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have a Wasp Nano that I like, unfortunately just the one. And only one Goon. Really need to get a good 2 batt squonker for the Goon so I can build it a bit lower. If I ever see someone selling either, I might be tempted, not really sure.

I did just place an order (my first online vape related purchasein six years) for something I didn't really need, a few of the Pulse mech squonkers, $9 each at Wet Vapes in their clearance section. I have my CV collection, but the Pulses will take 20700s so I thought for that price I might as well.
Wow $9 is a great price!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

My poor CVs are in all kinds of disrepair. Difficult finding repair kits for them. I might, could DIY, but that's kind of out of my range too.

Got a couple Signature Tips mech squonkers I need to tinker on as well. Somewhere I have an old Reo Grand clone. *smh* Not much time to really set aside to fix stuff up.

Got 9 days off coming up next week. :) Might piddle then.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My poor CVs are in all kinds of disrepair. Difficult finding repair kits for them. I might, could DIY, but that's kind of out of my range too.
Yeah, I wish I had bought a few more repair kits back in the day. I suspect the "spring" would be easy enough to fabricate something that would work if I could get ahold of some copper in the right thickness, but not sure how to replace the other parts that were included in the repair kits.

VU Sponsors