Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You might want to try Argentium while you're at it. Not as soft as pure silver but slightly higher silver content than sterling. Doesn't oxidize as quick as sterling either.

LG422 is just as tarnish resistant as Argentium, but it also has a higher Vickers rating at 1/2 hard than argentium. Full spring hard silver was not fun to work with.
My main concern is the contacts still being light enough but maintaining the springiness. I think the LG4222 (still sterling) will be just fine in the thickness I want.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wasn't happy with the SS fused clapton I was using in the Hadaly so today I put a 28gx2/36g Kanthal fused clapton staged with 28g SS in there . It ohms at 0.36 ohms and life is much better.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Considering only about 100 mm or so of conductor would be used in a mod then the difference would be .01 between copper and sliver ?
silver plated copper for the best of both worlds?

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just make sure the silver is spring hardened or it won't spring back like it should

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
WTF???? AussieVapor is down?

yeah, again

somehow it got on some list for russian hackers. It gets flooded with requests until the server logs fill the HDD and it crashes until jato clears some space

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sounds to me like you could benefit from a rolling mill, they are really handy at times.
I had one for awhile and sold it along with most of my old jewelry making stuff, occasionally I miss it.
For these purposes I'd rather just pay to buy it hardened lol

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
plating is shit IMO

there is more to it than resistance too

Oh man, I'm not about to fire the first shot in a vdrop pissing match but I agree with this.
Contacts dictate only a small fraction of performance.

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
d562174d98f45419724485a6467bf935.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Here you go @BrewBear a TIGHT RTA, RDA, with Squonk Pin.
It looks interesting, but it lost me at ordering on FB or instagram and the $180 price tag. I'm perfectly happy with the Chalice III , the NoFear and the Cyclone. I have the AFC Cyclone that I will send to the chouder-man as soon as I find some spare time. BTW, @inspects , thank you for the look-out.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I saw it but it sounded too much like cretin so I passed. Upon closer inspection, it looks interesting but I'll wait for some of you folks to let us know how it is. I'm still on the lookout for a Nuppin!

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have a IL REÓ P67 and a french LeRÉO P67:vino:
French mods seem the fashion of late. Italian ones are dropping value on the second hand market.

That aulus chip looks nice if you are into regulated though.

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Tapatalk

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
French mods seem the fashion of late. Italian ones are dropping value on the second hand market.

That aulus chip looks nice if you are into regulated though.

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Tapatalk

Don't let the Frankie fanbois hear that shit. lol

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok, after looking around, what I really want to acquire is a 22mm Hadaly with ultem cap, who's got one laying around in a drawer? :giggle:

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think my next mods going to be a big black and blue cock from crazy mainer mods. Or just a big black cock if anyone sees one for sale let me know please

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
i have an ultem cap, got it in a trade along with my authentic hadaly

i think small packets for RDA budget mail are about $8

might take a month to get to you, but i can post it sat or mon if you like

will get a pic in a minute
will the ultem cap fit a clone? got one in my cart at slowtech ready to order.

VU Sponsors