Become a Patron!

Squonking Mess

ProlineVaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
I am trying something new and really like the flavor/clouds produced by Squonking!

I really enjoy not having to drip every 3-4 hits also, but that's also where I'm having problems. I keep flooding my RDA. I've tried not pushing too hard and wind up getting dry hits.

I am really getting frustrated. Any suggestions?

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What inspects said. It becomes a second nature thing. Also, you’ll don’t spme Squonk bottles, “friendlier” than others. Most preset the soft silicon bottles, others like a harder or firmer plastic ones. I use the soft silicon from fasttech. With all, i general just squeeze the bottle for 3-4 seconds and then release.

You’ll also want to pay attention to where your airflow is in your atomizer. Some, like the hadalay, flood easier than others. Took some getting used to with that, since it’s my go to.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What I normally do is look down the driptip and see juice flow then hold it for 3 seconds or so. Usually gets it right where ya want it

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Michael H.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some attys have a rather shallow deck and or low air flow holes that can make it difficult to not make a mess.

You'll find sooner or later wanting to upgrade with a better RDA at some point.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am trying something new and really like the flavor/clouds produced by Squonking!

I really enjoy not having to drip every 3-4 hits also, but that's also where I'm having problems. I keep flooding my RDA. I've tried not pushing too hard and wind up getting dry hits.

what rda are you using? my dead rabbit 24 (x2), dead rabbit SQ and athena rda's are pretty much impossible to make leak. It is really only the recurves I have issue with right now. I had to retire the pulse 22 and 24 because they leaked occasionally too (not out the airflow so much as around the deck lip/o-rings).

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bottom airflow is no good for leakfree squonking. You don't need to drip a RDA every 3 hits if you wick good you can easily get 15 hits before redripping. I tried it out with a Phobia RDA with a .08 build and managed 19 hits with no dry hits.

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had this problem starting out with my iJoy Combo, then I got a Dead Rabbit and no more problems. The airflow holes are so high that it is nearly impossible to flood to the point of leaking. With my Wasp Nano I have learned to pay attention to the airflow holes when pressing the bottle and as soon as I see the glisten of the juice I let go. It really seems to be all about learning what to look for on each RDA, IMO.

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
What inspects said. It becomes a second nature thing. Also, you’ll don’t spme Squonk bottles, “friendlier” than others. Most preset the soft silicon bottles, others like a harder or firmer plastic ones. I use the soft silicon from fasttech. With all, i general just squeeze the bottle for 3-4 seconds and then release.

You’ll also want to pay attention to where your airflow is in your atomizer. Some, like the hadalay, flood easier than others. Took some getting used to with that, since it’s my go to.

I agree on the Hadaly; I liked dripping it and thought it would squonk well, but I took it out of the squonk rotation due to leak issues.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I used a Reo Grand with a small dripper for the better part of a year. I found that I needed to squonk every few drags to keep the wick properly wet. The way squonk setups generally work is they suck the excess juice back into the bottle after every squonk leaving the wick(s) good for a couple or three great drags, as opposed to the non-squonk dripper setups with a juice well which you can fill and vape off through a lot more hits if the juice well is big. The size of the juice well in the dripper determines how many hits you can take before you have to re-drip.

What I ended up doing when squonking was to stop the squonk when I saw a bit of juice just enter the dripper air hole(s). That way I got the maximum amount of juice on the wicks without leaking and got the most number of drags before I had to squonk again. This process also allowed me to squonk as often as I wanted to without causing the RDA to leak through the air holes.

Don't know if I'm making any sense here ... it's been a long day. If you can get anything useful from this post, it may be to watch the RDA air hole(s) to help you avoid over squonking. If you still feel you are flooding the RDA even though it's not leaking the issue is a different one than what I think might be happening. Ultimately, the devil is almost always in the little details :)

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
to stop the squonk when I saw a bit of juice just enter the dripper air hole(s).
Similarly, I have learned I need to pull the cap and watch the juice rise once or twice. This is because I've several different RSA in rotation, and each has a different ID on the squonk pin as well. You forget this step and that pressure-requirement at your peril.

Other than that, get the muscle-memory to squonk either before or after a hit - I prefer AFTER, because I'll get less spitback.

VU Sponsors