Become a Patron!

Staged Clapton

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What kind if wire are you using? What's your target resistance? Regulated or mech mod?

DeepInTheAbyss

Member For 1 Year
Yeah but if I did dual core itd be 24g because dual coils and cut off is .1.
Also staged is where you wrap a clapton parallel with a normal round wire.
I would do staged with a single core clapton and if I did it with a dual core clapton id move the clapton to a 26 core.
I'm just wondering what the appropriate wire would be to stage it with.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You seem to have a good idea of what you're looking for so experiment and find what works best for you.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
If you want the most even heating, use the same gauge as the cores - just add a core to a parallel build in steam engine (so it's 3 parallel wires instead of 2) for a fused clapton with staging

You can go up or down a gauge without problem. For a single coil fused clapton 2 x 22 awg, staging with 22 can get you in your range

Single coil, 22g fused clapton (two cores) staged with 22g, 6 wraps 3mm ID - 0.11 ohms
Screenshot_20180507-181113.png Screenshot_20180507-181123.png

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Or you could just clapton all three cores at once with a keyring or something to keep them flat as you clapton them!

DeepInTheAbyss

Member For 1 Year
I ended up soon a normal clapton, staged. 24core 36 wrap 24 round wire.
It came out to .15.
I had to dry burn it so much before I finally got it even, I'm concerned about its integrity.
Do you think its still good? I probably dry burned it 20 times. It tastes good though.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I ended up soon a normal clapton, staged. 24core 36 wrap 24 round wire.
It came out to .15.
I had to dry burn it so much before I finally got it even, I'm concerned about its integrity.
Do you think its still good? I probably dry burned it 20 times. It tastes good though.

Kanthal, right? It'll start to change colors before it gets overheated and integrity-compromized, it's probably okay if that didnt happen. You can dry burn 100 times as long as you don't hold it to the heat for too long (or too high heat)

VU Sponsors