Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey guys,

I have the Kanger SubVod kit with the Kanger TopTank Nano Tank

I use this as a low profile portable device on the go (use it a lot) it has a constant 3.7v output, so regardless if the battery is full or near empty, the device outputs 3.7v all the time.

I intend to rebuild the coil heads for the Toptank nano that came with that kit (have all OCC, V.OCC and SSOCC heads to build in) with Stainless Steel SS316L wire

I am pretty confused about the appropriate wire gauge to use and the expected operation of the battery with that coil

1- Being a constant 3.7v devices means that the Wattage changes according to resistance according to ohm law.

2- Using 26 Gauge Stainless Steel SS316L 6 warps around 4mm ID with about 15mm total leg length would yield around 0.6 ohm resistance coil

3- Given that this device is a constant 3.7v device and at 0.6 ohm resistance, the battery would supply around 23 Watts to the coil resulting in 180 mW/mm² heat flux

4- There is a concern that when coil is heated up, its resistance would rise making the battery supply less wattage and thus causing heat flux to drop below 180 mW/mm² probably resulting in a cooler vape than needed.

My questions:

1- Do you think i am using appropriate wire gauge for that setup? 26 gauge? i found that going with 24 gauge wire would result in the coil resistance dropping below 0.4 ohm which is not supported by the battery, going with 28 gauge would result in resistance above 0.9 ohm which will cause the battery to drop wattage to 15 watts resulting in a very cold coil of 153 mW/mm² heat flux, so do you agree that 26 gauge is optimal in this use-case?

2- Do you think the changing resistance from heating up would ruin the setup by causing the battery to supply less wattage making the coil dip below the 180 mW/mm² desired heat flux during a draw?

3- Do you believe that my calculations are accurate and correct and that i have not overlooked any detail? do you think this setup will work? :)

Thank you for your input, any opinions and advice is highly appreciated.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think you're OVERthinking it... Just my opinion. Not familiar with the heads you speak of 24 may not even fit. Wire is cheap get the 26 and go from there, if it doesn't work, adjust wire accordingly.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for taking the time to respond, 26 gauge seems just about right, i already placed an order and think it will work optimally, appreciate your response.

VU Sponsors