Become a Patron!

Starting to prefer lung hits over mouth to lung

RobbieR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have been vaping for 6 weeks and I am starting to prefer lung hits and moving away from mouth to lung hits. When I started vaping I had my air flow turned all the way down so I had a tight draw with very little air, and ALWAYS did a mouth to lung Inhale. At one point I tried a lung hit and almost choked to death :eek:

A couple weeks ago I started to increase my air flow and started taking longer airier drags, but still did mouth to lung hits. Last week I set the airflow on my Subtank Mini to wide open and started experimenting with lung hits and discovered I really liked it. Now I only vape with my airflow wide open and do direct lung inhales. I find this surprising because 6 weeks ago the thought of doing a lung hit made me cough. Is this a natural progression that most former Cigarette Smokers go through when switching to vaping?

Brian L

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
I did mouth-to-lung hits when I had the Aerotank and EVOD tanks. Always kept the airflow as low as possible, like you. As soon as I switched to the Subtank, I pretty much immediately switched to straight lung hits as well. Just feels more natural to me, with that tank. That's the only way I hit it.

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Exact same experience here. I think it is a progression as your lungs heal. I could be way off base but thats my opinion.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Exact same experience here. I think it is a progression as your lungs heal. I could be way off base but thats my opinion.
No I think your right ! When I first started vaping I would cough like crazy. Then after a few days I didn't cough anymore. I never did mouth to lung but what I did find was if I took little hits I coughed but if I took huge hits directly to the lungs I didn't cough at all. Strange but true lol

Kent B Marshall

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's the thing about vaping. Everyone can find what works for them. I don't lung hit, but , you do and we both are enjoying vaping.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes definitely not a thing that one size fits all !

SteveW

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's an interesting idea about the lungs healing. I'm trying to get my wife off the cigs, and she is interested in trying my various vapes, but she coughs like she's dying at even the slightest inhale either mouth-to-lung or direct lung hits. She enjoys the flavors, but damn does she cough. Maybe we need a sub on teaching smokers to vape.

RobbieR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That's an interesting idea about the lungs healing. I'm trying to get my wife off the cigs, and she is interested in trying my various vapes, but she coughs like she's dying at even the slightest inhale either mouth-to-lung or direct lung hits. She enjoys the flavors, but damn does she cough. Maybe we need a sub on teaching smokers to vape.

I was the same as your wife when I started vaping. I coughed like crazy, even from small mouth to lung hits. I kept at it because I was determined to get off cigarettes, and vaping (even with the coughing) was better than the patch or gum. I was coughing for the first 2-3 weeks, but 6 weeks later I am doing lung hits and blowing clouds :p

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had the same MTL to lung hit progression in vaping. I switched because I wanted more power which means more air flow is required and I eventually got to the point that MTL wouldn't move enough air. I'm used to open air flow now and I find it hard to go back.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I still enjoy both. Once I got some sub tanks and rda s, I thought my mini nautilus would just sit there, but I find myself still going to them often

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I use my kayfun in the morning with my 'breakfast blend' diy juice and take mtl hits. After I'm done with the coffee I switch juices and devices. Switch to my direct lung hit atty's. I have transitioned to liking direct lung hits, but still don't really like vaping that way first thing in the morning. It did take awhile to start liking the cloudage and lung hits.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I kind of alternate.

The dual coil devices that I use when I am in a mood for lung hits need to remain vertical at all time or they will leak via the air holes so that makes them an at home only device.

For travel I use the leak proof stuff and mouth to lung hits.

RobbieR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I use my kayfun in the morning with my 'breakfast blend' diy juice and take mtl hits. After I'm done with the coffee I switch juices and devices. Switch to my direct lung hit atty's. I have transitioned to liking direct lung hits, but still don't really like vaping that way first thing in the morning. It did take awhile to start liking the cloudage and lung hits.

My first few vapes of the day are still mouth to lung inhales. If I have not vaped for an hour or two I will start off with a couple MTL hits too. Other than that I am lung hitting with wide open air flow .

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had the same MTL to lung hit progression in vaping. I switched because I wanted more power which means more air flow is required and I eventually got to the point that MTL wouldn't move enough air. I'm used to open air flow now and I find it hard to go back.

Same here, started MTL but moved more towards direct lung inhaling as I progressed on. However, my juice consumption started to concern me and I eventually just lost interest and started to enjoy flavor chasing more. Right about that time I began to learn genisis builds and haven't looked back since ;)

RobbieR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have noticed a couple advantages of doing lung hits over mouth to lung.

One is lower nic juice seems more satisfying. I ran out of my regular 12mg juice so I tried some 6mg Juice I had kicking around and I am perfectly happy with the 6mg juice. When lung hitting I am not looking for that strong throat hit that I was constantly craving from smoking cigarettes. (I used higher nic juice to give me that throat hit.)

The other advantage is my mouth & tongue is not getting over saturated with Juice and Nicotine. This allows me to vape some flavors of juice I did not really like before, and Juices I do like I can vape longer before getting sick of them. I think "parking" the vapor in your mouth before inhaling is what coats your mouth and tongue with vapor.

VU Sponsors