Become a Patron!

Steeping

madjaggar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This might seem like a no brainer but should you steep single flavor e juice? My brain said no but knowing what I know about stepping it seems like maybe I should.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
It depends on the flavor. Most fruit liquids are shake and vape, or good to use after a day. However, custards and tobaccos need steeping, for at least a week, in order to develop their full flavor.

You can speed up the steeping by utilizing a crockpot, or an ultrasonic cleaner (ideally w/ build in heater).

Chrispdx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree. Custards and tobacco needs time to blend and develope its flavor.

The standard comment I've read is test it out. Mix a juice and shake'n'vape. Let it sit for a few days and see how the flavor profile is going. You may like it or not. Give it a few more days of just time and test again.

This time test will let you know when you remake a recipie if you should plan on needing time or if it is something that should be used prior to 5 days. Some of the true shake and vape recipies I really don't like 5 days later because the subtle flavors at the start are dancing with each other in just the right harmonic rhythm...by after 5 to 10 days the flavors still play off each other but just not satisfying. I know this is weird, but it has been my experience so far.

VU Sponsors