Still rocking the Prodigy V3

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I still kick the old school Prodigy V3, with 2.0 cartos, every once in a while. Who out there is still rocking old school Mech Mods?
0708140542.jpg

DAY-VAPE

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hell yeah.
ugu2amer.jpg

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
We'll Take them ALL! The only reason I stated mech mods is because I don't remember any regulated mods on the market back them. They could have been there, I just never heard of them until much later. However, just one question: "How the hell did you keep the finish so shinny?" I don't see a scratch or ding on that thing?

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We'll Take them ALL! The only reason I stated mech mods is because I don't remember any regulated mods on the market back them. They could have been there, I just never heard of them until much later. However, just one question: "How the hell did you keep the finish so shinny?" I don't see a scratch or ding on that thing?

Well, I take pretty good care of my mods. :)

I'd bought it for $40 from the NV classies in Nov. of 2012, when it was about a year old, but had only been fired a couple of times. It was basically NiB at that time. The brass gap-filler collar I got a bit later. It was a limited run made by Wooky of Bear Brass Mods and gifted to me by BamsBBQ. =)

I also upgraded the switch to all-brass as the stock delrin one wore out.
Here's a retro pic of when I un-boxed it:

nWRc0l.jpg

fNlun.jpg

Yes, those are old Tenergy CR123A 3v batteries...lol!
I still have them, but use AW/Efest 16340 IMR's nowadays

The DT is a late 2011 or so TrippyTip in Dichrotic Orange.

Last edited:

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I still run the Prodigy V3 with the icr123's. That's why I can only use standard res coils on it. Since it's not regulated, it's a 6 volt system with little amp rating. I'm extremely comfortable with that though because of 4 years experience with it. And, it was sooooo much better than the old 650 eGo's when it first came out.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I started a bit late in vaping compared to you guys. ;-)

June 6th , 2012 to be exact.

First e-cig was the E-power 14650 with XL LR cartos and 510 atomizers. Still use it sometimes.

A bit worn, but still rocking the same OEM Smoketech batts that came with it. :D

bsStbl.jpg

Now...still using the Smoketech "Resurrector" XL LR cartos .

Ps1citkl.jpg

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah I still rock the prodigy from time to time for .nostalgia.

Chainvapor :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1405014273898.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1405014273898.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 8

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got a really old mini lavatube. The button is fat and sticky but the thing feels like it'll never break. I'm looking for some vintage things to mingle it in to make a nice photo of it. Using instagram would just be cheating now wouldn't it

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
FWIW, here is my first mech mod.
Rocking a Chobra genny with a juice-matching acrylic Ming.. =)

v43pL94l.jpg

It's a Beautiful eCig LavaFire Extension circa late 2012/early 2013 that I got in a co-op.
http://www.beautiful-ecigar.com/product/lavafire-extension/

It has shitty loooong throw switch, but its ridiculously heavy and solid. Chromed copper.

One of my fave Chingrish quotes is from this mod:

LavaFire is made from copper material with the surface treatment of electroplating chroms. Also, from the hand feeling of weighty tube, you can easily know the quality of the tube’s raw material

LOL....

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That switch. Fcuk. You could snag your finger in it!

Yup. It's a honker..check it out....

lavafire-2.jpg

I was right, it was from Fall 2012...no longer made...:D

I've tried to find a switch that would replace that ..thing.
But, nothing fits it and because it was made for that, the tubes would be too long to fit the batteries without it.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ah I'm slow. I only just see it obviously mechanical. So anyway, you don't wanna go changing it do you. It's a personal collector thing. I've kept my first things including my very first - a cigalike. I actually still have dozens of mini cartridges for it.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How about new old-school?

I got this in the mail today - a plastic/rubberized 18650 Bolt mod for $10. Decided to go retro on it. :D

iGZigTUl.jpg

With one of those LR XL cartos and a Panny CGR18650CH for power, it vapes great. Plus, chicks dig the black skull stuff.

I got it for out and about so I don't have to worry about what I'm carrying, probably stick an Aqua on it for actual use though.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The chicks dig it do they haha Get ready for the rush. I do like those finishes though. Ahhh you got skully!! And what does skully say to vape tonight?

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got the vid to that skull mod in the Watch Later folder on youtube. It's been there months but I haven't got round to seeing it yet

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, it's a custom mod jobber offered on FB...if I recall right, it was like $700+.

That's just a little steep for the old vape budget here. So, I'll have to admire it from afar. That is unless it starts to eradicate the human race. Then it gets crushed in a hydrologic press, or melted in a steel mill, or.......well, you get the point! Those things are just hard to terminate!

VU Sponsors