Become a Patron!

Stingray X Mechanical Mod Review

itsKeith

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have recently pucked up my first mech mod, the Stingray X clone. I have no idea who makes this clone, there are no indications on the box or the mod itself. It is a copper tube with a stainless steel outer sleeve. I chose this mod after trying several at my local vape shop. It felt the best in hand, had a smooth fire button and looks amazing. Below will be my thoughts on its usage, performance, and pricing. I used a Velocity RDA and an E-Fest High drain 35A 2500 mAh 18650 flat top battery.

Contents of the box:

1 Hybrid adapter
1 Stainless steel and copper drip tip (double o-ring)
1 Stingray X mod

Quality:

This mod is heavy in the hand and feels very solid when put together. The threads are all buttery smooth and the parts all fit together so flush that you cannot see the seams at all (until I dropped this mod down a flight of metal stairs, now the seams are noticable, but if you don't try and murder this device the seems are flawless). The pictures I am attaching are from after dropping it. The switch is magnetic and functions smooth and flawlessly. The engravings are deep and clean.

Operation:

Using the mod is simple and easy but must be done correctly and in order. This is not a beginners setup and you must have a basic understanding of Ohm's law and practice battery safety above all else. First you must attach the RDA to the top for the copper pin to push the contact down in the battery tube. Second you insert the battery positive side up (towards the RDA) into the sleeve. Lastly tighten the bottom/fire button into the mod making sure it is snug. The throw on the fire button is short and makes a great contact. This mod has a locking ring at the bottom so you can stop the firing button from being depressed while not using it. The locking ring moves easly and works perfectly. Once you are comfortable with assembling the mod, you can begin vaping. The mod came with a hybrid adapter but I have not used it due to the mod looking better with the original top cap on it (my opinion).

Battery and Juice:

Because of the copper core this mod has very little voltage drop and fires quickly and hard. The battery life will depend mostly on how much you use it and the build you have in your RDA. I stated above what batteries and RDA I used. The build I use is a dual coil kanthol 26g parallel build with 6 wraps at 0.22 ohms. I found that I need to swap the battery once a day around lunch time and when dripping I go through a lot of juice.

The Vaping:

I really enjoyed using this mod and will continue to use it when I am home relaxing or tasting new juices. This mod has the power to chuck some serious clouds if that is your intention.

Pricing:

I paid $50 for this mod at my local vape shop and feel that I got a very solid device. The authentic version of this mod is very expensive ($250) and I would advise you to buy authentics if money is no issue for you. If you are on a budget like me, clones are a nice affordable way for you to experience these high end devices at a discounted price. I will have links below to the authentic and a clone for you to shop for if you feel the need.

http://www.viper-vape.com/prod…..-tech.html

http://www.kidneypuncher.com/s…..y-x-clone/

Conclusion: Buy One.

I have been extremely happy with my purchase so far. For the price I paid ($50) I definitely got my money's worth and then some. There is a nice feeling of satisfaction when using this device, it fits nicely in my hand and is easy to fire. It also chucks some big clouds while producing a great flavor and consistency . This is more of an advanced device and it should be treated as such. I cannot stress battery safety enough when using mech mods. You should also never use a RDA when driving (don't drip and drive). The only problems I have come across using this mod is the firing button gets sticky/crunchy after a few weeks of use and needed to be taken apart and cleaned. I applied a tiny bit of vasoline to the guide pin inside the firing button and have not had that problem again. I would recommend this to someone looking for a nice mech mod to play with.

Battery Safety and Ohm's law:

Go to the link below and read before doing anything crazy. Your safety should always be the number one priority when vaping.

http://onvaping.com/battery-sa…..-ohms-law/

These are all my personal opinions and experiences and should all be taken with a grain of salt. If your experiences vary then let us know here so we can get a balanced view. Have a great day!

Attachments

• 20150803_171400.jpg
    20150803_171400.jpg
    564.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 20150803_171430.jpg
    20150803_171430.jpg
    740.7 KB · Views: 17

VU Sponsors