Become a Patron!

Storage and Bulk Batches

zeeter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I have quite a few recipes and have based them all on 20% PG flavorings. Thus, I can make bulk mixes of my PG/VG/Nic beforehand rather than mixing it all individually when I make a flavor. Saves time and I only have to deal with the 100mg Nicotine solution once rather than on each flavor.

What is the storage life on such a mixture? Should it be kept at room temperature? Refrigerated? Even frozen?

Along those lines, how will a bulk mixture effect the steeping? The flavors need to steep together and the base solution needs to steep, but when the final solution is mixed have I cut down on my steeping time? That is, will it take less time for the flavor solution to steep with the base if they are already pre-steeped individually?

If I steep a finished product of 30 ml for one week, how long would I steep 3000 ml?

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
seems like a lot for personal use unless you are about to open a vape shop lol. if it needs to steep pre mixing bases and flavors wont save time for the steeping process but obviously it would for the mixing process. Id guess it wouldnt take much more than a week to steep it if you know its a one week steep recipe already. Im assuming you are mixing in a gallon jug if you are mixing 3000mls so that would leave room for you to shake the heck out of it and let it sit and then break it down to smaller bottles or whatever. Id be more concerned with where the heck Id put all that juice once it was mixed. if you had multiple recipes that you were making 3000mls of you would need a whole refrigerator dedicated to just juice. I dont think the utility bill would justify making that much haha. and then on top of that you would be stuck vaping only those couple recipes for the next 2 years in hopes you didnt get burnt out on them and they didnt get oxidized and turn to junk. I can understand making pre mixed bases but there comes a point with personal use where big batch mixing just doesnt make sense. I have 1 recipe I love that much and I never mix more than 500-1000 mls at a time of it and that last a loooooong time I couldnt imagine make 3000mls of it. flavors can go flat also like anything else.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I guess I can revise that statement a little. I have several recipes I make 500mls of at a time as I look around so I probably have a total of 3000mls of juice in various 500ml batches in the cabinet and steeping obviously isnt a factor because there is no way Ill vape all this at one time lol. so they are all nice and steeped but I also have a ton of little 30ml bottles also I vape more often than those. log story short I bet I give all this away before I vape most of it. another reason big batch mixing isnt always the best idea, what I really love today wont be the same next month. I still only have 1 real recipe I love that much and the rest I thought I did at one time apparently but have lost interest in them. unless you are ok with vaping just a couple recipes over the next few years Id maybe consider smaller batch sizes like 120 mls or so and make a months worth at a time or something.

zeeter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I shouldn't have been so flippant when I said 3000ml. I really was just asking if I make a larger batch does it take longer to steep.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I shouldn't have been so flippant when I said 3000ml. I really was just asking if I make a larger batch does it take longer to steep.
I get you now maybe I shouldnt have took it so literal either haha, for the most part no it doesnt, maybe a tad longer but still kinda goes hand in hand with the more you have the longer it will sit around anyways, and like I said I do have several 500ml bottles around I dont store in any special way. cool dark place, in a cabinet in the "cold room" every house has one right hahaha.

VU Sponsors