Become a Patron!

Strange Battery issue with Therion DNA 75

Hello.

I am fairly new to vaping. However after using an Eleaf Pico for 3 months, I got a beautiful present... A DNA 75 Therion.

The issue I had is this: I bought 2 LG HG2 18650 batteries as soon as I recieved the mod. I charged them and placed them in the mod. Before going to work, I stoped at my local vape store and bought another pair of batteries (Efest 18650) in order to charge them and have them ready as soon as the first pair (LG HG2) ran out. When this happened, I took the first pair out of the mod (LG HG2), in order to charge it again and that is when I noticed that ONLY one battery was dried out! The second one from that pair was 97% charged! Now I'm going through the new pair (Efest 18650) and I'm waiting to see if it happens with them as well. Any thoughts?

Hello again! After 2-3 battery discharges, everything seems to work like a charm. I'm guessing that the plastic protection in case of placing the batteries in series, needed a little "break in" in order to allow proper contact.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hello.

I am fairly new to vaping. However after using an Eleaf Pico for 3 months, I got a beautiful present... A DNA 75 Therion.

The issue I had is this: I bought 2 LG HG2 18650 batteries as soon as I recieved the mod. I charged them and placed them in the mod. Before going to work, I stoped at my local vape store and bought another pair of batteries (Efest 18650) in order to charge them and have them ready as soon as the first pair (LG HG2) ran out. When this happened, I took the first pair out of the mod (LG HG2), in order to charge it again and that is when I noticed that ONLY one battery was dried out! The second one from that pair was 97% charged! Now I'm going through the new pair (Efest 18650) and I'm waiting to see if it happens with them as well. Any thoughts?
When you get a chance get some quality batteries the Hg2's are fine the Efest are unknowns as they are rewraps many times they are grade B batteries and can be manY different cells do not trust your new DNA to those things .

Thank you for your replies. As far as batteries, I can say that the Efests & the LG's are performing great. However, as a new vaper I always try to learn from those with experience so, thanks for the advice.

VU Sponsors