Become a Patron!

Stubby tank obnoxiously loud, oddly restricted.

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
I bout a stubby aio xray. I love the mod, but thank God I ordered another boro tank when I bout it, because I don't know if something is wrong with mine or if it's just generally supposed to be this loud. When I first got it and built it. I thought I was going to like, but I had to rebuild with a smaller airflow pin because it was too air with the stock one in. I took it apart rinsed out reassembled rebuilt it. Well when I started vaping again I noticed it is super super loud now. Really turbulent airflow and now it's to restricted. So I rebuilt again and again and again. Now I've taken the airflow pin out completely because no matter which one I use its to restricted and super loud. Idk what happened but no matter what I do I can't fix it. Anyone else have any problems out of there tank. Any suggestions how to fix mine? Any help would be appreciated. I'm getting an alright vape now, but the airflow is so loud I don't like to use it still and like I said it's restricted with no air flow pin installed at all?

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I haven't been around the block enough with mine to help troubleshoot much.

The largest pin is in from factory, so yo took that out, put one of the other 2 smaller ones in and now it's louder, right? And feels turbulent and too restricted. ?

Now you have no pin, and its loud.

Depending on the id of your coil and how you have it mounted, you can possibly change the id of the coil to smaller, move the coil up a bit, and use wider bore nut and/or tip.

Other than those, the deck is confined to the size/design of the af that it has.
Definitely designed to be fairly restricted.

Thanks to another member, who's sending me a drilled flush nut, i'll be able to see if that helps with more af. ATM I'm having my doubts due to the deck but i do like it as is as well > no pin/aftermarket tip. If using the stock tip, imo you can tape a nickel to it so it will be worth something then throw it away. Even if for mtl or loose mtl, have to mouth the mod to use it.

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
I haven't been around the block enough with mine to help troubleshoot much.

The largest pin is in from factory, so yo took that out, put one of the other 2 smaller ones in and now it's louder, right? And feels turbulent and too restricted. ?

Now you have no pin, and its loud.

Depending on the id of your coil and how you have it mounted, you can possibly change the id of the coil to smaller, move the coil up a bit, and use wider bore nut and/or tip.

Other than those, the deck is confined to the size/design of the af that it has.
Definitely designed to be fairly restricted.

Thanks to another member, who's sending me a drilled flush nut, i'll be able to see if that helps with more af. ATM I'm having my doubts due to the deck but i do like it as is as well > no pin/aftermarket tip. If using the stock tip, imo you can tape a nickel to it so it will be worth something then throw it away. Even if for mtl or loose mtl, have to mouth the mod to use it.
Yea, I've only used 3mm I'd coils, because that's what I've seen on the reviews. The restriction isn't what's bother me that much. It's how loud it is man. I put the stock pin back in, because it didn't seem so loud when I first got, but it like something happening. It sounds like a jet taking off, even when I barely hit it. Lol. Omg I feel you about that stock tip though. Thank God I bought I kylin tank and it came with extra tip, because I hated it so much when I first built it using that tip. 🗑️🗑️ 🗑️. I'll mess around with the id of my coil and see if that'll do anything. Thanks for the advice. I ordered a veepon tita, then I found the mission orbit tank on here, so Ill just have to use with them. I kinda wish they just let you get the mod for 50 less bucks. They could keep this stubby tank lol

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I think a lot of owners are using 2.5id
Let us know how it goes... 👍

VU Sponsors